KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Enterprise may be back?

Enterprise may be back?
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samhain
The Demon Hunter

They should go post Next-Gen IMO.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 8th, 2013 01:59 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

So far they've adhered more or less to a rule that for every year that passes in real life one year passes in the Next Generation timeline.

By that rule, if a series were launched in 2014 it would take place circa 2391, sixteen years after the end of the Dominion War. That's enough time for plenty of changes and developments to have taken place. By that time the Klingon Empire should be fully recovered, Cardassia may have been absorbed into the Federation, and the Romulans might be in the same position that the Klingons were at the beginning of TNG, cautious allies with the Federation. The only question is who the main adversary might be. Stargate Universe was an object lesson in how difficult it is to keep a space opera series afloat without one.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2013 05:26 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

if/when star trek returns back to tv then I want either a show based around jj's alternate u or a return back to the 24th century

Or both? What would Next Gen and DS9 be like in the alternate timeline?

Originally posted by Omega Vision
It's not that bad. I think Voyager was the worst. I'd put Enterprise slightly below TOS, with TNG coming slightly behind DS9 for the best series.

thumb up

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jun 10th, 2013 at 03:24 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 03:21 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Or both? What would Next Gen and DS9 be like in the alternate timeline?

thumb up

I imagine without the Romulans around then the whole political situation would be different. Maybe the Breen or the Tholians would have absorbed their territory and thus become Starfleet's nemesis.

Edit: Or did the destruction of Romulus come after the events of TNG in that timeline?

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2013 08:34 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I thought Romulus was destroyed in the mainstream timeline future (Spock was an old Ambassador, so it was TNG Era), and Nero attacked Spock's ship near the artificial blackhole created by red matter which sent both their ships back in time, and the divergence is caused by Nero's actions in the past (attacking the Klingons with his gigantic ship, killing Kirk's father, destroying Vulcan, Spock's mother's death)? I believe in the new timeline Romulus should still exist, actually.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jun 13th, 2013 09:32 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by MF DELPH
I thought Romulus was destroyed in the mainstream timeline future (Spock was an old Ambassador, so it was TNG Era), and Nero attacked Spock's ship near the artificial blackhole created by red matter which sent both their ships back in time, and the divergence is caused by Nero's actions in the past (attacking the Klingons with his gigantic ship, killing Kirk's father, destroying Vulcan, Spock's mother's death)? I believe in the new timeline Romulus should still exist, actually.

That is an interesting point for consideration: if Romulus was destroyed in the main timeline then a future show set in the main timeline would have to exist without the Romulans as a major player. Kind of a bummer--after DS9 and Nemesis the Romulans were finally starting to forge friendly ties with the Federation and there was hope for internal change in the empire.

That still brings up the question of who would be the main badguy. The Dominion is a non-threat now, the Borg are in shambles (right? I haven't watched all of Voyager, I just remember reading that by the end of the series their threat to the Federation is neutralized), and to make the Klingons enemies again would be like pressing an idiotic reset button (besides, Klingons are much more interesting as temperamental allies/brutish anti-heroes than as villains).

The Tholians might be good archvillains.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2013 11:08 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

The more I watch enterprise, the more I like it and it's the opposite with next gen. It's the first show since TOS that just abruptly ended without a reasonable conclusion, and right when it was starting to get good too.

Oh and the finale sucked.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2013 04:19 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I guess Enterprise in canon to both timelines. Nimoy/Shatner's and Quinto/Pine's.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 12:03 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

I was looking on Memory Alpha, and apparently had the show gotten a 5th season the writers would have had Shran join the crew. I'm not sure what his position would have been, considering the roles he'd be most qualified for (Tactical Officer and First Officer) are already taken by Reed and T'Pol respectively, but that would have been awesome.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2013 02:55 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

The Romulans have an empire. I don't think the lost of two planets, even if they are the imperial home worlds would mean the end of them being a major power in post-Voyager show. I mean they always seem to be one step ahead of the Federation. Hell, the Federation was formed basically to afford everyone in our near galactic neighborhood protection from the Empire.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2013 08:36 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Darth Jello
The Romulans have an empire. I don't think the lost of two planets, even if they are the imperial home worlds would mean the end of them being a major power in post-Voyager show. I mean they always seem to be one step ahead of the Federation. Hell, the Federation was formed basically to afford everyone in our near galactic neighborhood protection from the Empire.

They have many planets, but the loss of the homeworld and the destruction of the Romulan government would mean a clean slate. Suddenly no one has authority over anyone else and everyone starts looking out for themselves.

I know it was a fake recording made by the Federation, but what "Weyoun" said in In the Pale Moonlight is probably close to the truth: if Romulus falls then the empire's other systems will look out for themselves.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2013 06:07 PM
jane21august

StarTrek Beyond is the best. A new movie is coming later, waiting for the next one to come. Star Trek 4 Chris Hemsworth might be there in the movie.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 06:47 AM
jane21august is currently offline Click here to Send jane21august a Private Message Find more posts by jane21august Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote