KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Vicious

I'm thinking he's a LMD programmed to think he's the real thing. Why? Who knows.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2013 10:44 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I'm thinking he's a LMD programmed to think he's the real thing. Why? Who knows.

i said a while back that Coulson cold be an LMD so i could be very well right

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 4th, 2013 02:42 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i said a while back that Coulson cold be an LMD so i could be very well right

If they need to go that route then they need to start explaining what a LMD is, throw hints here and there and leave the reveal to the season finale(if it makes it that far).

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2013 12:34 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
If they need to go that route then they need to start explaining what a LMD is, throw hints here and there and leave the reveal to the season finale(if it makes it that far).

I agree, they should start hinting

Old Post Oct 4th, 2013 06:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Much better second ep.

I actually like it now.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 4th, 2013 08:52 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

last night's ep was ok.

good to the hinting of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Graviton however paging Chris Hemsworth?? paging Mark Ruffalo

Old Post Oct 9th, 2013 06:02 PM
FistOfThe North

I almost gave up on this show. I'm still giving it a chance.

The need to show more than just samulel j.

At least a cameo of one avenger....

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 06:25 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by Nephthys
I've noticed that whenever someone asks Coulson about Tahiti he says "It's a magical place." Could it be some kind of mental trigger?

Could Dr. Strange have been involved in reanimating him?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 02:21 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
random letters

Originally posted by the ninjak
Hacker girl is brown. And episode 2 should blow your mind. Brown people out the wazzoo.

Your standards seem limited though so why bother?

The only thing brown about her is her (fake) tan. She's half white and half Chinese.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 07:35 PM
random letters is currently offline Click here to Send random letters a Private Message Find more posts by random letters Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Yeah, the tan is fake as hell. Her rack is nice, though.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 08:11 PM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

After shows like game of thrones, breaking bad and joss whedons own firefly and angel ~ agents of shield is relatively disappointing. the jokes are cheesy, the acting is mediocre and the substance is non existent. here's to hoping it gets better

Old Post Oct 14th, 2013 04:47 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Firefly218
After shows like game of thrones, breaking bad and joss whedons own firefly and angel ~ agents of shield is relatively disappointing. the jokes are cheesy, the acting is mediocre and the substance is non existent. here's to hoping it gets better

The show targets a younger and family audience, I wouldn't even bother trying to compare it to GoT and BB.
You brought up Firefly which this show is very similar too but that was a ragtag team of pirates.
As far as I'm concerned the show is pretty consistent with the flavour of its film counterparts and although a cheesefest works well.

Last edited by the ninjak on Oct 14th, 2013 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2013 05:37 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

The show targets a younger and family audience, I wouldn't even bother trying to compare it to GoT and BB.
You brought up Firefly which this show is very similar too but that was a ragtag team of pirates.
As far as I'm concerned the show is pretty consistent with the flavour of its film counterparts and although a cheesefest works well.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is not consistent with the flavor of the marvel cinematic universe. The Marvel cinematic universe does not produce movies specifically and solely directed at children, considering it also caters to and satisfies adults, comic book nerds and sci-fi fans. This, whereas AoS is a cheese fest which does not cater to the aforementioned groups (ie. adults, comic book nerds and sci-fi fans). Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is mostly appealing to younger audiences, however, it lacks the substance, character depth, and compelling story which made the Marvel movies such hits.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2013 08:40 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Oct 15th, 2013 10:10 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Todays episode was actually really good

Old Post Oct 16th, 2013 01:04 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is not consistent with the flavor of the marvel cinematic universe. The Marvel cinematic universe does not produce movies specifically and solely directed at children, considering it also caters to and satisfies adults, comic book nerds and sci-fi fans. This, whereas AoS is a cheese fest which does not cater to the aforementioned groups (ie. adults, comic book nerds and sci-fi fans). Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is mostly appealing to younger audiences, however, it lacks the substance, character depth, and compelling story which made the Marvel movies such hits.

-I believe AoS is consistent within the Marvel Studios universe.
-Adults, comic nerds and sci-fi fans can still enjoy this series as well...obviously, my point was that the films are also catered for family audiences. And so they should, you brought up GoT and Breaking Bad, which this show most definitely doesn't seek to relate to.
Yet you agree the show is a cheese fest. And cheese fests are all about the fun factor, which this show has tonnes of.

-In regards to the films? This is SHIELD, they are people dealing with outbreaks.

I have no problem with this show.

Last edited by the ninjak on Oct 16th, 2013 at 07:14 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2013 07:11 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

-I believe AoS is consistent within the Marvel Studios universe.
-Adults, comic nerds and sci-fi fans can still enjoy this series as well...obviously, my point was that the films are also catered for family audiences. And so they should, you brought up GoT and Breaking Bad, which this show most definitely doesn't seek to relate to.
Yet you agree the show is a cheese fest. And cheese fests are all about the fun factor, which this show has tonnes of.

-In regards to the films? This is SHIELD, they are people dealing with outbreaks.

I have no problem with this show.

When a TV show is designated the title "cheesefest", it is implied that the TV show lacks in quality. The first few episodes were so cheesy that it caused audiences to cringe. "cheesfest" is not a compliment. Also, when i bring upshows like GoT and Braking Bad, I'm not referring to their mature content as a correlation point, I am referring to their quality in direction, acting and writing. Furthermore, AoS is not consistent with the Marvel cinematic universe in terms of quality _ a show doesn't have to be cheesy to be all about the fun factor

Old Post Oct 16th, 2013 08:35 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Todays episode was actually really good

Yeah it was a good ep.

Last edited by the ninjak on Oct 17th, 2013 at 05:15 AM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 05:07 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

When a TV show is designated the title "cheesefest", it is implied that the TV show lacks in quality. The first few episodes were so cheesy that it caused audiences to cringe. "cheesfest" is not a compliment. Also, when i bring upshows like GoT and Braking Bad, I'm not referring to their mature content as a correlation point, I am referring to their quality in direction, acting and writing. Furthermore, AoS is not consistent with the Marvel cinematic universe in terms of quality _ a show doesn't have to be cheesy to be all about the fun factor

Fair enough. I actually meant "cheesefest" in positive manner.
This isn't a serious show. The characters are practically archetypal stereotypes of a elite spy team.
Kung fu lady, James Bond, hacker girl, tech wizards and the leader.
I want to give this series more time to grow before I give final judgement.

I understand that a show doesn't have to be cheesy to be fun and although the show plays it safe often, it has massive potential.

And in regards to the show existing in flavour of the films?
SHIELD struggled throughout all of the Marvel Studio films.
A team like the one Coulson has assembled fits in just fine.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 06:53 PM
Darth Thor

Nah, this show still isn't giving us anything special. And I've been giving it the chance to do that week after week. Very disappointed considering Whedon's at the helm.

Perhaps he's too busy with Avengers 2 and other stuff he's doing to make another awesome weekly tv show, in which case they should give this show to someone else.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2013 09:45 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote