KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » He-Man and Friends Invade DC Universe This Fall

He-Man and Friends Invade DC Universe This Fall
Started by: Adam_PoE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam_PoE

He-Man and Friends Invade DC Universe This Fall

(please log in to view the image)

Written by Masters of the Universe author Keith Giffen and illustrated by Dexter Soy, the crossover starts this August. We spoke exclusively with Giffen via email to get the inside scoop on what to expect when Eternia clashes with Earth.

After a long hiatus, Masters of the Universe returns! What are they doing in the DC Universe?

Keith Giffen: Basically, just getting on everybody’s nerves. Culture shock lives! Actually, they’ve come to stop Skeletor from doing to the DCU what he’s always wanted to do to Eternia.

How did Skeletor even GET to Earth?

KG: That’s the great thing about magic. You can do ALL kinds of convenient things with it. By the way, what makes you think Skeletor came to the DCU voluntarily?

Why do the superheroes and MotU see each other as a threat—or at least are at odds with each other?

KG: That seems to be the rule for team-ups; fight, talk, team up. I’m not saying there won’t be conflict between the MOTU and the DCU characters, just that we’re going to try to dodge the obvious cliches.

Whose sword wins in a fight? He-Man’s or Wonder Woman’s?

KG: Teela’s. She’s my favorite to write, so she gets the win.

Old Post May 16th, 2013 04:22 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Finally a hero that should beat Superman enters the fray.

Eat your shorts Captain Marvel.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 16th, 2013 04:38 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Superman humiliates He-man, again.

Old Post May 16th, 2013 05:07 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

He Man is going to own him.

Old Post May 16th, 2013 08:33 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman humiliates He-man, again.

Again? You know their lone encounter lasted 2 panels, yeah?

Old Post May 18th, 2013 09:05 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Digi
Again? You know their lone encounter lasted 2 panels, yeah?

I do. Superman humiliated him in one punch. That was watered down PC Superman who was struggling to move a planet and isn't above DCnU superman in strength. Giffen writes an uber superman to boot. This doesn't looks good for prince adam.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 12:40 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I do. Superman humiliated him in one punch. That was watered down PC Superman who was struggling to move a planet and isn't above DCnU superman in strength. Giffen writes an uber superman to boot. This doesn't looks good for prince adam.

Ok. I think you're reading a bit too much into it. They grappled and Supes threw/punched him aside and he was ok. That's it. Trying to draw conclusions from such a brief encounter is comically flawed. There's no reason to believe He-Man is Kal's better (I'd give big blue 10/10 in a forum fight), but there is ample reasoning to believe he is as strong or stronger than literally any version of Superman.

Also, realistically, everyone is written more closely together than perhaps they should be in crossovers, for the sake of the fight and story. A beatdown wouldn't serve the story at all, so while it will likely either be a draw or a Superman win (the more popular main hero usually does in crossovers), your appraisal of it as an impending smackdown is almost empirically unlikely.

Last edited by Digi on May 19th, 2013 at 04:19 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2013 04:13 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Ok. I think you're reading a bit too much into it. They grappled and Supes threw/punched him aside and he was ok. That's it. Trying to draw conclusions from such a brief encounter is comically flawed. There's no reason to believe He-Man is Kal's better (I'd give big blue 10/10 in a forum fight), but there is ample reasoning to believe he is as strong or stronger than literally any version of Superman.

Also, realistically, everyone is written more closely together than perhaps they should be in crossovers, for the sake of the fight and story. A beatdown wouldn't serve the story at all, so while it will likely either be a draw or a Superman win (the more popular main hero usually does in crossovers), your appraisal of it as an impending smackdown is almost empirically unlikely.

Ok. What reasoning would be for him to be stronger than superman?

We'll see. Remember Thor?
evil face

Old Post May 20th, 2013 02:51 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Digi said the more popular hero wins so Superman barely winning over Thor supports his stance not Abhi's ridiculous perspective.

Can't wait to hear the excuses when He Man matches him.

Old Post May 20th, 2013 02:54 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Don't encourage him.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 20th, 2013 03:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I really doubt they'd have Superman straight up bury He-Man (assuming they do fight). If anything, Superman will barely win or hold an edge somewhat over He-Man (barring the mystical properties of his sword and whatnot). I could see some weird power fluctuation coming into play too if He-Man's presence on Earth effects his connection to Castle Greyskull.

In any case, DC's not stupid and knows the majority of fans will want to see either an epic throw down that makes them both look good or Superman barely pulling out the win.

Old Post May 20th, 2013 04:43 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ok. What reasoning would be for him to be stronger than superman?

We'll see. Remember Thor?
evil face

Castle Greyskull is a multiversal nexus, from which HM draws his power. It scales based on need and circumstance, and hasn't been shown to have a defined limit. This is rather explicitly written into HM comics (can't speak for the newest incarnation, but he's new and I haven't been following it yet). As plot devices go, it's insanely convenient. So, as I said, a case could be made for strength alone. HM's overall feats don't necessarily support him getting wins, but it's a crossover after all, which are almost exclusively created as fan service. I wouldn't rule anything out, except that they'll probably be shown as near-equals much of the time. Even if I'm shown to be wrong in the upcoming comic, it's a good guess. I'm working based on lopsided precedent, which doesn't mean certainty, but can and should inform our prognostications.

I'm not sure I get the Thor question. It doesn't seem to respond to or counter anything I said. Based on my assessment, which itself was generalized and not without exception, Thor should lose to Supes.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Don't encourage him.

Oh, shush. I need my fun.

Last edited by Digi on May 20th, 2013 at 06:11 AM

Old Post May 20th, 2013 06:06 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

I do remember that comic as I purchase it when it came out originally and it seem to me that Superman was said to be stronger than He-man.

Which back then it was the question everybody had in mind because of how popular He-man was.

Ill prob post the scans some other time. But IIRC theey said it plain and simple that The son of krypton was stronger than he-man.

They should make a live action movie of MOTU

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post May 20th, 2013 06:09 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Rao Kal El

They did.

And it is glorious.

Old Post May 20th, 2013 06:13 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The "fight" is in the respect thread. Years after it was posted, the forum consistently acts like we don't have access to it. Look for yourselves:

http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?...15336004vz2.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?...24848967dz7.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?...10929464tu2.jpg

He-Man was ok afterward. Superman was mystically controlled. He-Man was without the Sword of Power, which in those days definitely could've cut/hurt Superman. Glean from those what you will. Imo, it's a non-feat all-around.

They did. How old are you?

Last edited by Digi on May 20th, 2013 at 06:17 AM

Old Post May 20th, 2013 06:14 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
They did.

And it is glorious.

???

A new one?

Not the shitty Dolph Ludgren one, right?

I just remember those superher 90's movies of the punisher and captain America, or 80's spiderman.

Old Post May 20th, 2013 06:17 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Yeah, looking at the scans above, don't see how Superman "humilated" He-Man at all there. Given narration and Skeletor's commentary, seemed as if Superman was just barely stronger than He-Man.

Old Post May 20th, 2013 06:20 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

???

A new one?

Not the shitty Dolph Ludgren one, right?

I just remember those superher 90's movies of the punisher and captain America, or 80's spiderman.

"Shitty"?

wut?

That movie is a cult classic.

Old Post May 20th, 2013 06:21 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The He-Man fourth world homage is all kinds of awesome.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 20th, 2013 06:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
"Shitty"?

wut?

That movie is a cult classic.

As much of a He-man fan I was, I hate the movie.

I just did not like it, well I did back then, but now? No, I just don't like it.

Old Post May 20th, 2013 06:25 AM