KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul, Savage Opress, Pre Vizsla, Bo-Katan vs Revan

Darth Maul, Savage Opress, Pre Vizsla, Bo-Katan vs Revan
Started by: Taay'hai

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Taay'hai
SWLegend, you have two problems. You're highly underestimating Darth Maul's abilities

Sorry, I am calling a spade a spade here. If you can disprove/discredit my arguments, please do so.

and you're the biggest Revan fanboy anybody could meet.

Debating objectively for him does not makes me a fanboy; yes, he is (one) of my favorite characters. But I don't overestimate his abilities.

In case of Revan, issue is that he isn't much explored in the context of his capabilities; in-fact, much of his story has been explored in games. However, promotion and combat performance wise, he outclasses Maul by a big margin. He have reshaped Galactic events and defeated very powerful adversaries in single combat; he even held his own against Vitiate, an avatar of the dark side, for a while (which is HUGE). These combat performances alone put him noticeably ahead of Maul.

In case of lightsaber dueling: Revan packs great skill as well. Remember when the first Jedi Strike Team approached him? He had ignited his lightsaber and looked confident. Centuries later, when another Strike Team approached him, he again ignited his lightsaber and (presumably) engaged all opponents in lightsaber combat with confidence; and he wasn't cut down. So What does this example indicates?

Revan was a big threat to the Sith Empire; the Sith would not taken chances against him by sending mooks to encounter him. Do the math.

In case of Force powers: What you also have failed to understand thus far is that Revan's (peak) telekinetic abilities have not been canonically depicted/explored; he might be as good as Yoda...who knows? We are dealing with possibilities here. The novel depicts him as a very calculative individual and all of his feats (in the novel) affirm his "great control" over his actions. In addition, Revan stood up to his reputation of packing very impressive command of the Force during his encounter with the Imperial Strike Team. You can see his actions in the video that I cited; the game is an MMO so combat feats may not look impressive to some in it. However, same fight will look very impressive in a high-budget medium.

Secondly, I never compared Darth Maul to Vitiate. Maul and his team are the confronters--notice I used the word TEAM? With his extra support, he hasn't a chance of immediate infiltration/assassination. I didn't see Revan suddenly assassinating anyone in the Imperial Strike Team--not even the Agent or bounty hunter!

Oh! I think you misunderstood my argument in this context. I am not saying that Revan might blitz Team members but he has a good chance at quickly subduing the Mandalorians in the Team with his powers at least. Also, fight in the game is not scripted; we do not know if any member of the Imperial Strike Team died or not in this encounter. Important observation is that Revan didn't turn out be a walk-in-the-park for such a formidable TEAM even after enduring 3 centuries of torture. And his command of the Force is at such a level that he created a protective bubble around him when he was vulnerable and then did the impossible...

If I remember clearly (and I do), Savage in his rage-enhanced mode caused by pain that you expect him to endure plenty of thx to Revan, can create a Force Repulse that is extremely difficult to defend against. Secondly, Pre Vizsla and Bo-Katan are incredibly skilled in hand-to-hand. Maul is the best saberist, acrobat, and so on.

The Imperial Strike Team that was sent to confront Revan was also made-up of bad@sses. What part of this assertion you find it so hard to understand?

And according to one source, Revan engaged Mandalore the Ultimate in a hand-to-hand combat and prevailed.

Also, Revan had to fight his way through large number of Sith stationed on Star Forge (including an army of Star Forge's battle droids) to reach the position of Darth Malak and he succeeded; he is after all one of the strongest Jedi in history.

Savage has produced Force waves already. His physically enhanced saber blows send people flying, as shown in season 3.

Revan have lot of raw power under his belt and can utilize it effectively due to his exceptional command of the Force. He is in a good position to endure Savage's attacks. An avatar of the dark side was able to send Revan packing; their is no guarantee that a Savage class opponent can accomplish the same.

Vitiate >>>>>>>>>>> Savage.

Vizsla has overpowered Obi-Wan in hand-to-hand combat even while he was armed with a lightsaber. He fought as well as he did against Ahsoka while he was drunk. He gave even Maul a hard time. And he's the best Mandalorian swordsman I've ever seen in all of Star Wars as of yet.

This;

Though the Mandalorian fought valiantly, in the end he was no match for the Jedi Order’s most powerful champion. (SWTOR: Revan)

This same Mandalorian was so strong and skilled that he could subdue a well-trained Jedi easily as depicted in KoTOR comics.

Bo-Katan almost single-handedly took on four Mandalorian Super Commandos with only her body, she packed an incredible punch against Ahsoka while on top of the hull of moving, fast speeder. The only fear she ever had was of Vizsla's death. But there's no fast speeder to fight on so that doesn't count here.

Dude, Jedi like Ahsoka won't even register in front of Revan.

Maul has overpowered/killed many Jedi using both the Force and his lightsaber. His display of power was quoted several times by Intrepid.

To be honest, Bandon seems like a carbon-copy of Maul accept that he is a human. He have received promotion on similar lines; the only difference is that he is not explored in the context of his capabilities at all.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on May 23rd, 2013 at 01:17 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 01:09 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Taay'hai

Hm. SWLegend, I think this was a bit more well said than before. I think I've reached some agreements. Revan is indeed very powerful. I just got very frustrated that every argument in this thread was focused on the battle between Darth Maul and Revan while he has an entire team at his disposal.

I've said rude things to you and I apologize too. I'm gonna get SWTOR: Revan this week and see for myself, and compare his abilities to the team's.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 04:57 AM
Click here to Send Taay'hai a Private Message Find more posts by Taay'hai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Thanks. Do explore TOR era lore...

I would recommend you to get following books:-

http://www.amazon.com/Knights-Repub...g/dp/0786949236

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-The...a/dp/0756698391

You may also try the games, if you have time.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 07:46 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Taay'hai

I've played KotOR I and SWTOR--just haven't got to the Revan flashpoint yet.

Old Post May 23rd, 2013 11:33 PM
Click here to Send Taay'hai a Private Message Find more posts by Taay'hai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

In light of recent feats, I'm inclined to believe that Revan comes out of this with mid-difficulty at most. Bo-Kotan and Vizsla go down with motionless force chokes from Revan, much like the ones Sidious used on the DeathWatch guards. While they're gasping for air, Revan engages Maul and Savage Oppress simultaneously. With his superior combat experience, dealing with their combined efforts is a routine exercise at most, much like their failed effort to take on Sidious. Growing bored of their dance, Revan sends Maul and Oppress flying into a nearby wall with a force wave and finishes them off accordingly.

Last edited by Dark-Kenshin on Feb 21st, 2015 at 02:45 AM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 02:36 AM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

LMFAO.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 06:27 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
In light of recent feats, I'm inclined to believe that Revan comes out of this with mid-difficulty at most. Bo-Kotan and Vizsla go down with motionless force chokes from Revan, much like the ones Sidious used on the DeathWatch guards. While they're gasping for air, Revan engages Maul and Savage Oppress simultaneously. With his superior combat experience, dealing with their combined efforts is a routine exercise at most, much like their failed effort to take on Sidious. Growing bored of their dance, Revan sends Maul and Oppress flying into a nearby wall with a force wave and finishes them off accordingly.

LOL

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

wink

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 06:36 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Team stomps. Revan might be able to survive perhaps 20 seconds at best.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 11:03 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F96ghXk8FXg

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote