KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: Rebels!

Star Wars: Rebels!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 135 136 [137] 138 139 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Star Wars Rebels will be over in two weeks.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 08:37 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Cool. Hopefully they move Dave Filoni onto something else (for his own good), and looking forward to a new animation.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Well today's the day! Lets see what this last half will bring.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

predictable and boring

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: RIP to the best character in the show though

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 03:10 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Alright so first thing's first I suppose.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kanan's sacrifice was pretty great.

Other than that the first episode was nice overall, the second episode was eh?....not much went on and I felt it dragged a little too long with Ezra just being lost, though the final bit with the wolves was great.

I don't get what they're doing with Rukh...I mean they first have him lose to Hera, then he fights and pretty much bests Kanan, then he fights both Zeb and Sabine...speaking of, that cloaking device could have came in handy a few times before, he's just now using it? I feel like he should have easily killed them.

Also why is blowing up a fuel depot suddenly mean the loss of the entire TIE Defender program?...Like Thrawn can't just move somewhere where there's more fuel or more secured? Like dude, you're not even trying...I mean there's this galactic spanning Empire and the loss of a fuel depot means the loss of an entire project?....What?

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 20th, 2018 at 03:23 AM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 03:18 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I think it's stated earlier in the show that there's something unique with Lothal and its oil.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 04:42 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

They need unique oil now?....<.<

Also they couldn't have made the Imperials any dumber if they tried, literally no one saw a TIE pilot get KO'd right in the middle of a landing strip as troopers were boarding the gunships? Like it wasn't even a really good hiding spot.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 04:52 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Alright so first thing's first I suppose.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kanan's sacrifice was pretty great.

Other than that the first episode was nice overall, the second episode was eh?....not much went on and I felt it dragged a little too long with Ezra just being lost, though the final bit with the wolves was great.

I don't get what they're doing with Rukh...I mean they first have him lose to Hera, then he fights and pretty much bests Kanan, then he fights both Zeb and Sabine...speaking of, that cloaking device could have came in handy a few times before, he's just now using it? I feel like he should have easily killed them.

Also why is blowing up a fuel depot suddenly mean the loss of the entire TIE Defender program?...Like Thrawn can't just move somewhere where there's more fuel or more secured? Like dude, you're not even trying...I mean there's this galactic spanning Empire and the loss of a fuel depot means the loss of an entire project?....What?

Because that was likely all of their fuel and it apparently damaged surrounding factories.
Even if it isn't the total loss, it would still take them a while to get back to that level of resources. They suddenly lost huge deposits of fuel that kept the factories churning. That's not exactly something you can just get over within the day.

They were debating who would get the funding. A sudden and total loss of fuel doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 06:23 AM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Because that was likely all of their fuel and it apparently damaged surrounding factories.
Even if it isn't the total loss, it would still take them a while to get back to that level of resources. They suddenly lost huge deposits of fuel that kept the factories churning. That's not exactly something you can just get over within the day.

They were debating who would get the funding. A sudden and total loss of fuel doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

I don't recall any mention of the factories being damaged, just the fuel.

But ok sure, I'm not expecting them to get over it in a day it's just....a galaxy wide Empire that can make these huge ships and build superweapons, can't have enough resources to move a project over somewhere else?

But ok I suppose, maybe Director (forgot his name) gets the funding from the project towards the Death Star....even though logically, a galaxy wide Empire should have more than enough for multiple projects.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 20th, 2018 at 01:50 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 01:48 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thrawn reprimanding Pryce for her stupidity was awesome... One of the only times I've seen her egotistical ass legit scared. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:35 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

She needs to die already, hopefully next week.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 10:57 PM
ares834

Good episodes. Kanan's death was tragic but really well done. I loved him getting his vision back at the end.

I'm looking forward to next week's episodes. thumb up

I don't recall any mention of the factories being damaged, just the fuel.

But ok sure, I'm not expecting them to get over it in a day it's just....a galaxy wide Empire that can make these huge ships and build superweapons, can't have enough resources to move a project over somewhere else?

It's not exactly quick and easy to build a new factory somewhere else. Obviously they can do it, but, as these episodes make clear, the TIE Defender project was already on the chopping block. With a major set back like this, it makes sense that it would then be cancelled.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 02:35 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ares834
Good episodes. Kanan's death was tragic but really well done. I loved him getting his vision back at the end.

I'm looking forward to next week's episodes. thumb up

It's not exactly quick and easy to build a new factory somewhere else. Obviously they can do it, but, as these episodes make clear, the TIE Defender project was already on the chopping block. With a major set back like this, it makes sense that it would then be cancelled.

Not like there haven't been worse setbacks....but alright I guess, a shame though....RIP TIE Defender.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 03:04 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

She needs to die already, hopefully next week.
It's a shame because Pryce was actually very intelligent and competent in Thrawn. But I guess it's natural for Rebels to ineffectualize everyone in the Empire, lol.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:17 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by |King Joker|
It's a shame because Pryce was actually very intelligent and competent in Thrawn. But I guess it's natural for Rebels to ineffectualize everyone in the Empire, lol.

Isn't that an understatement. Seems they all got handed the idiot ball the size of the Death Star.

Speaking of Rebels, with it ending, they really seemed to have wasted Kallus and Rex, we've barely gotten anything from them.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 03:34 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by |King Joker|
It's a shame because Pryce was actually very intelligent and competent in Thrawn.
thumb up

In the novel Arihnda's scheming/cunning/machinations were so clever that she impressed the hell out of Tarkin himself(that's *why* he decided to make her a Governor, in fact)... And she was also quite integral in Thrawn's rise to power as well.

...You'd never guess any of that by her horribly inept portrayal in Rebels, though. Real shame. sad

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 01:05 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Speaking of Rebels, with it ending, they really seemed to have wasted Kallus and Rex, we've barely gotten anything from them.

Word, wtf happened to the clones?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Word, wtf happened to the clones?

I guess we'll never know....at least on Rebels, which you'd think we'd get something...but nope, I guess it'll all be explained instead in a comic or novel.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 02:44 AM
Mendax
Hand of God

So does Thrawn outrank Pryce or what?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mendax
So does Thrawn outrank Pryce or what?
In Imperial/Military matters, yes. In purely political matters, no.

That's why Thrawn was able to reprimand the living f*ck out of Pryce in the last episode. Even though the 'incident' occurred on Lothal(where she is Governor), it directly impacted the Imperial/Military TIE-Defender project, which falls under Thrawn's jurisdiction.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 12:55 PM