KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: Rebels!

Star Wars: Rebels!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 140 141 [142]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thrawn's characterization in Rebels didn't bother me much at all, tbh... But he's really the only character I can say that about.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:22 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

"We can't launch we'll crash into Thrawn and destroy the city"

20 minutes later

Proceeds to launch dome not that far into the air, only blow up a small portion and then leaves it to drop on the city.

Welp, hope the Citizens of Lothal have fun with that

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:29 PM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Greysentinel365

20 minutes later

Proceeds to launch dome not that far into the air, only blow up a small portion and then leaves it to drop on the city.

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who thought about that.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:34 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Of course crashing both the ISD and base dome would be worse...still though.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:52 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Loved it. Had a real Return of the Jedi vibe [SPOILER - highlight to read]: and the send-off for Ezra was a good balance between simply killing him and explaining his absence in the movies.

Originally posted by Greysentinel365

20 minutes later

They specifically said that it exploded over the ocean. no expression

Last edited by Beniboybling on Mar 6th, 2018 at 09:49 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

So does this mean that Ahsoka is alive after the events of the Battle of Endor?

It true it's fine with me as she isn't a Jedi anymore, Ezra really isn't a Jedi either.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 12:21 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah Ahsoka's still alive post-RotJ. Pretty much every hero from Rebels is.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Thrawn isn't going out like a *****, he'll be back one way or another.

What did you think of Thrawns speech to Ezra about the Jedi and the force? I got the idea that there is still Jedi out there and Thrawn is aware of that.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 02:11 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh he definitely knows there are various Jedi still running around.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 02:26 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

So were those Royal Guards that fought Ezra? They kinda looked like Praetorian to me.

Last edited by juggernaut74 on Mar 7th, 2018 at 06:14 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 06:07 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by juggernaut74
So were those Royal Guards that fought Ezra? They kinda looked like Praetorian to me.

They were RG. Fought is a lose word, they didn't do *** other than hold him in the air...which was stupid.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 06:48 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

*gears grinding*

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, they had different(and more tactical-looking) armor than we've seen before, but they were undoubtedly Royal Guardsmen.

The hilarious part was how the Stormtroopers who entered the room shortly afterward STILL couldn't shoot Ezra, despite him being fully immobilized and levitating like 10 feet in front of them, lol.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 07:11 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, they had different(and more tactical-looking) armor than we've seen before, but they were undoubtedly Royal Guardsmen.

The hilarious part was how the Stormtroopers who entered the room shortly afterward STILL couldn't shoot Ezra, despite him being fully immobilized and levitating like 10 feet in front of them, lol.

Meanwhile Palps just standing there, doing nothing and wanting Ezra to die...when he could easily do it himself. Like it wouldn't be that hard for him.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Mar 7th, 2018 at 08:21 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 08:16 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

The Emperor cut the holo immediately after giving the order, he didn't even stick around to see if Ezra actually died. When you're Emperor of the Galaxy and the most powerful Sith Lord in history, you're going to start to see certain tasks as beneath you.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 07:07 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Thought the show was incredible. Kanan and Hera will remain among my favorite SW characters from any medium. Everyone struggled numerous times, so I don't get "Mary Sue" comments. It's Disney, and a large part of their audience is children. We have to remember that. So adult fans are going to have to stomach some characters who lack nuance, the occasional annoying trope, etc. But you could absolutely tell that the creators respected the hell out of existing canon, doing everything they could to nail characterizations for cameos like Lando, Vader, Leia, etc. and to work this story into existing canon while keeping continuity lapses to a minimum. Thrawn was exactly like I imagined him. And even the show's more annoying elements - like Loth-animals and Ezra in general - got less cloying over time, and progressed in organic ways.

The ending, while a bit contrived, set up future series and confirmed some fan theories without being too fan service-y. It did what was needed of it, given the fact that it's the B-squad in a larger universe that doesn't usually care what goes on in the cartoons. Even trolled EU fans lightly by naming the kid Jacen, which I thought was hilarious.

Forums like this one tend to nit-pick until the only fashionable thing is to deride it as childish or illogically constructed. When that's the approach, it's easy to find fault. But Rebels had a ton of heart, had some great moments, and felt like an honest-to-goodness Star Wars story. I'm hoping we get more from many of the characters down the road, but we'll see.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 8th, 2018 at 02:42 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 02:39 PM
Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Digi
Forums like this one tend to nit-pick until the only fashionable thing is to deride it as childish or illogically constructed. When that's the approach, it's easy to find fault. But Rebels had a ton of heart, had some great moments, and felt like an honest-to-goodness Star Wars story. I'm hoping we get more from many of the characters down the road, but we'll see.
thumb up

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 04:37 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Zenwolf
They were RG. Fought is a lose word, they didn't do *** other than hold him in the air...which was stupid.
If I'm not mistaken isn't this the first time in canon we saw them do anything other than just stand there?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 01:42 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by juggernaut74
If I'm not mistaken isn't this the first time in canon we saw them do anything other than just stand there?

Nah, in Lords of the Sith there was one who did stuff. Also in the short Lando comic. Not sure about anything else in the new canon.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 01:57 AM