KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: Rebels!

Star Wars: Rebels!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

And I think Luminara might be in next week since its called "Masters of Old."

So I'll just wait until next week to catch up since they will likely be 2 great episodes for me to watch by then, and I hate watching just 20mins at a time.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 08:18 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
its called "Masters of Old."

Make that "Rise of the Old Masters."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 02:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So the newest episode was pretty great. Inquisitor was really badass. Only one episode in and he is already a far more intimidating and better villain than any of the antagonists in TCW (besides Sheev himself).

Last edited by ares834 on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 03:46 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 03:42 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

This is getting a lot less viewers than TCW. Does Disney XD not got as many viewers as Cartoon Network. Or are people just not interested in new characters not seen in the films?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 04:58 PM
ares834

Disney XD gets far fewer viewers.

Specifically for shows like this.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 11:02 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

(please log in to view the image)

Zeb X Ezra

(please log in to view the image)

Sad thing is i'm only half-joking ._.

Also that looks so suggestive....

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 12:30 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, not many people have Disney XD. Which is why the ratings are so low. Though, given the massive promotional campaign I expected it to do a lot better. But, all that really matters is if it does good relative to other Disney XD shows.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: As for the episode, Rise of the Old Masters, I felt it was rushed as ****. Like, we really need more explanation on Luminara. Did she die in Imperial custody? Did she die during or after Order 66? Was that her ghost/spirit? Hologram? (nah). Some sort of Sith alchemy goin' on? TELL ME!

And it kind of sucks we already saw like 90% of the Kanan vs. Inquisitor fight from trailers and stuff.

I'd give the episode like a 6/10. Maybe they'll explain what happened to Unduli later in the season, or in a book or comic. Rise of the Old Masters should've been a two-parter.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 12:54 AM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It was clearly a [SPOILER - highlight to read]: hologram. I'm not sure why so many people think otherwise. We even see it do the tell tale fizzle when she steps into her coffin.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 12:57 AM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: How is it clearly a hologram? It doesn't look like a hologram to me, and I doubt it's that simple. And from what I remember, she more morphed into her coffin than fizzled in it. Plus, there's the fact Kanan sensed her when they first entered The Spire.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 01:20 AM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

finally an inquisitor siting next week big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 04:26 AM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It seemed to be, as a very powerful Master that Luminara manifested a Force Ghost. However due to the conditions she was kept in and how the empire was using her, it's power was weakened and she couldn't warn any of the Jedi away. So she could only react with sadness because she thought Kanan was going to get killed like others.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 04:46 AM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Force ghosts don't look like that.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 04:59 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Neither do holograms

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 05:09 AM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by KingD19

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: There have been colored holograms before. Anyway, if it's a force power it would likely be an illusion not a spirit. But I doubt the Inquisitor is capable of such a feat.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 05:19 AM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KingD19

thumb up

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: "Yes, I'm afraid Master Luminara died with the Republic, but her bones continue to serve the Empire, luring the last Jedi to their ends." ¯The Inquisitor[src]

If what we saw was a hologram, what's the point of having her body? That's one of the reasons I think that was her spirit/ghost we saw. Sith alchemy must be at work. Maybe that's the reason why they have her body, to keep her spirit trapped with it. This better be explained ASAP.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 04:13 PM
ares834

Sith Alchemy is no longer canon.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 04:21 PM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

That doesn't mean they can't make it canon. erm They still borrow stuff from the EU, occasionally.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I think they did something Sith-y on her, whether you want to call it alchemy or not.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 04:27 PM
ares834

Double

Last edited by ares834 on Oct 25th, 2014 at 04:34 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 04:32 PM
ares834

Originally posted by King Joker
That doesn't mean they can't make it canon. erm They still borrow stuff from the EU, occasionally.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I think they did something Sith-y on her, whether you want to call it alchemy or not.

Not like that. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: If it's a force power it's an illusion. Having Sith be able to keep ghosts around seems to conflict with the notion created by TCW's Yoda arc that Sith don't believe in life after death. Beyond that it's a power that seems to be far beyond the Inquisitor.

Beyond that retaining your identity after death is a very rare power. Qui-Gon is supposedly the first Jedi to ever do so and Yoda/Kenobi perfected it.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 04:33 PM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
Not like that. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: If it's a force power it's an illusion. Having Sith be able to keep ghosts around seems to conflict with the notion created by TCW's Yoda arc that Sith don't believe in life after death. Beyond that it's a power that seems to be far beyond the Inquisitor.

Why? Dooku and Sidious did some Sith spells/alchemy or something in the Yoda S6 arc. They brought that in the canon, don't know why bringing alchemy in would be crazy.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It would've been either Vader or Palpatine or both doing any of the Sith alchemy. I 100% agree that that would be far over Inquisitor's power level. And weren't there ancient Sith spirits on Moraband? I think I need to re-watch that arc.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 04:43 PM