KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: Rebels!

Star Wars: Rebels!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Joker
Why? Dooku and Sidious did some Sith spells/alchemy or something in the Yoda S6 arc. They brought that in the canon, don't know why bringing alchemy in would be crazy.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It would've been either Vader or Palpatine or both doing any of the Sith alchemy. I 100% agree that that would be far over Inquisitor's power level. And weren't there ancient Sith spirits on Moraband? I think I need to re-watch that arc.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Sith don't believe in the afterlife. If they could bring spirits back from death that would contradict it. And while I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back alchemy (as you note they brought back Sith sorcery) I'm very doubtful that they will give the Sith the power to call forth spirits.

As for the spirits on Moraband, they are confirmed to be illusions created by the Priestess. Sorta disappointing IMO, they should at least have been illusions created by the dark side like Vader was in the cave at Dagobah.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 04:51 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Yoda solo's.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 07:49 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Sith don't believe in the afterlife. If they could bring spirits back from death that would contradict it. And while I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back alchemy (as you note they brought back Sith sorcery) I'm very doubtful that they will give the Sith the power to call forth spirits.

As for the spirits on Moraband, they are confirmed to be illusions created by the Priestess. Sorta disappointing IMO, they should at least have been illusions created by the dark side like Vader was in the cave at Dagobah.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Good point. Maybe something has changed in 15 years...? I don't know. I just want an official word on this.

Oh. Damn. That sucks. So I'm assuming that includes Darth Bane's spirit as well?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 05:03 AM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 05:07 AM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Okay, it has to be something keeping Luminara in a coma like state or something, because that is clearly not a hologram, a hologram doesn't have a force presence.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 05:13 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Its a trap, Luminara is dead.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 05:32 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NewGuy01
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Its a trap, Luminara is dead.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 11:18 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by King Joker

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 12:27 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Wow that Luminara thing...didn't they cancel TCWs for being too dark lol...how is this better?

The North Remembers

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 02:27 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Easily the best episode so far. The Inquisitor has much-needed gravitas as a baddie, on par with TCW!Maul. Good to see the Rebels get outwitted and overpowered.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 02:39 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Watch the first episode.

Seems very...Disney. Both in terms of animation and writing. The Wookies looked ridiculous. Dialogue ranged from okay to stilted.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 02:51 PM
Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

^The Luminara Episode is certainly not Disney esq.

The North Remembers

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dave Filoni Interview -- Luminara Twist:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10...the-old-masters

So it was a holographic recording.

*Bows down to Ares* You were right, my Lord. I concede.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 03:47 AM
ares834

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Luminara confirmed to be a hologram.

"Order 66 didn’t wipe them all out. Some of them were captured and probably executed later, which is what you see the holographic recording of. It’s actually Luminara’s execution in that chamber. She’s used for a very nefarious purpose."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10...the-old-masters

Edit: ninja'd

stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 03:48 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Inquisitor's characterization is much better than I anticipated. An exquisite addition to the SW mythos. thumb up

...It was also nice to have the Forms of lightsaber combat further solidified as canon in ep. 4. thumb up x2

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 03:47 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yes, and Depa favored form 3 apparently... sad Glad they seemed to have moved away from using only one form though and rather integrate multiple techniques from the various forms into their own style.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 04:30 PM
Dionysus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hope they continue to mention the saber forms in the future. Pretty awesome how they're integrating the EU into Rebels.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 04:50 AM
Click here to Send Dionysus a Private Message Find more posts by Dionysus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

The forms of combat is one facet of the EU that I'm glad has been brought into this new canon. I always thought the concept tidied things up a bit. It makes lightsaber combat much less...I dunno...random. Imo.

I'd also like to see the Inquisitor fight an opponent of merit(that is to say: an upper-echelon and/or quantifiable force-user) at some point. Asajj, Vader, Maul, Kenobi, Quinlan[shifty], Ahsoka... Whoever. I just want to know exactly where he stands in comparison to higher-level opposition. He *seems* extremely skillful against inept Jedi(inept relative to the aforementioned, of course), and obviously has extensive knowledge of the forms of combat. However, Filoni has alluded to him being more of a C-List rogue who can't really compete with some of the more esteemed Jedi/Sith... But that's also how Asajj started, yet look how she turned out. So yeah, just want to know for sure. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 30th, 2014 at 04:28 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

The forms of combat is one facet of the EU that I'm glad has been brought into this new canon.

TCW was always pretty faithful to the forms without mentioning them.

Kenobi was clearly portrayed as a defensive combatant, and Dooku as a pure fencer.

But yeah it was nice to have them finally mentioned on the screen. But I have a feeling the forms will be different in many aspects now. They've already changed Depa's form. But I'm guessing will learn more in coming novels.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 11:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dionysus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't really understand what the Inquisitor means when he says Form 3 focuses on close-quarters combat... isn't a saber duel by default close-quarters combat? Someone help me!

@Galan007 Yeah, we won't really know where he stacks up to the greats until we see him face someone that has an established combat record. He's probably around OCW Ventress level I would think...

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 01:46 AM
Click here to Send Dionysus a Private Message Find more posts by Dionysus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote