KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Are you fine if the next Storm actress won't be black?

Are you fine if the next Storm actress won't be black?
Started by: RLAAMJR.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
No

Hell2the no to Black Johnny Storm

How did you guys feel about black Heimdall or Kingpin?
They were actually both really good imo.

Changing the race of Johnny or Storm would be stupid though.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 10:24 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Duncan was really the only well known person with the size to play Kingpin. Will Sasso doesn't seem like he would do the role well. I really enjoyed Duncan's Kingpin and would've loved to see him again in future Spider-Man or Daredevil titles.

I disagree there

John Goodman could'eve been Kingpin.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 10:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Meh. Goodman looks too soft to be physically imposing. Duncan had lean, solid mass behind his weight.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jul 25th, 2013 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 08:21 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Heimdall and Kingpin were fine to change.

Johnny and Storm wouldn't be.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2013 04:50 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

This will likely blow over just like when Donald Glover was publicly campaigning to be Spider Man. Myself, I'm not for changing Johnny from Caucasian to Black. The group dynamic will be changed too much.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2013 07:08 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Kazenji
I disagree there

John Goodman could'eve been Kingpin.

Goodman is too short, was too old, and not physically imposing enough to play Kingpin. MCD was big, tall and massive, he was physically intimidating, something Goodman doesn't really have.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2013 10:13 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

John Goodman can and has been physically intimidating (O Brother Where Art Thou?), but not by superhero movie standards. A younger, more muscular John Goodman could have been the perfect Kingpin, imo. He's very good at being menacing when he needs to be.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2013 08:53 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Affleck is taller than Goodman, DD can't be taller than Kingpin. He's always been a good actor, he's just not Kingpin material in my opinion.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2013 03:37 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Affleck is taller than Goodman, DD can't be taller than Kingpin. He's always been a good actor, he's just not Kingpin material in my opinion.

On the subject of needing to be 'taller' I'm sure they could of made up for that with movie magic if they had to.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Aug 4th, 2013 05:05 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Or hire a shorter actor to play DD.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2013 08:43 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Nah movie magic

like how they did the hobbits in the Lord of the rings movies.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2013 08:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

Storm should remain black and Johnny Storm The Human Torch, White.
Since Sue and Johnny's mother was never a "whoe" i think anyone wanting to rewrite the origin would be a loser to do that. as for the role of kingpin, the acting chops never really were called for there and yes Nathan Jones a white actor would even dwarf mcd. Michael clark duncan is a descent actor loved him in the greene Mile and amrmageddon. I prefer cannon and that includes Nick Fury.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2013 01:30 AM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
flipperflip

Storm will not be the same if she's any other color than black.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2014 01:44 AM
flipperflip is currently offline Click here to Send flipperflip a Private Message Find more posts by flipperflip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

storm has african heritage.. storm can be connected to black panthereventually you cnt change her race...... johnny storm is just a person... he can be any color

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 11:16 PM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Shabazz916
storm has african heritage.. storm can be connected to black panthereventually you cnt change her race...... johnny storm is just a person... he can be any color

The same can be said about Storm. Johnny Storm is of Anglo Saxon heritage, you can't change his race.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2014 04:46 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Shabazz916

Johnny Storm is white, though. I mean, sure, if you can't find a good actor that resembles the character, then by all means, find someone of a different colour to do the job.

It's excusable when it's people like Kingpin or Heimdall, imo. When it's someone like Johnny Storm and it would in turn affect other characters? Not so much.

I'd be more willing to accept say, Reed or Doom played by Idris Elba or something, but then again, I'm not a massive F4 fan.

If they decided to make Cyclops black, that wouldn't be cool, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2014 06:36 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by -Pr-

If they decided to make Cyclops black, that wouldn't be cool, imo.

That's because you can't see yourself as strong, proud Black man! mad

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2014 05:11 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Storm has had her heritage expounded upon too much to be any color other than black.

She's descended from an ancient, centuries old line of African tribal priestesses on her mothers side, and her dad is black. You'd have to change her entire backstory to make her any other color.

As for Johnny. While he's a white guy and imo should remain a white guy, a race change on him wouldn't be as drastic since Johnny and Sue's family and backstory and lineage have never really been a big deal. They're white, they had parents. That's about as far as it goes.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2014 07:08 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's because you can't see yourself as strong, proud Black man! mad

sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 12:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by -Pr-
sad

Time for your sensitivity training.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 07:16 AM