KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Killer Instinct 3

Killer Instinct 3
Started by: Bro SMASH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I read elsewhere that the 8 characters are planned in the first year, and there will be more characters added over the second year as well.

So, eventually all of the iconic characters should be in it, just might take a while. Six characters at launch does seem very low, though.

I heard the same about there being a 2nd season/batch of DLC characters for 2014, but that it would happen ONLY IF KI3 ends up selling/being successful enough during its debut. Otherwise they wouldn't bother with who they left out aside from the 6 to 8 characters already planned.

Fulgore should've been one of the first characters added along with Jago since he's the posterboy for KI and since the two are rivals/enemies, like Scorpion and Subzero. If a 2nd batch of characters happens though and some of the more obvious picks like Fulgore and Orchid are among them, I guess I can forgive 'em at least.

Still, this whole process of having characters added is just financial greed as Blax put it. If Sony or someone else had bought Rare, I can almost guarantee that a lot more of the KI cast would've been in this reboot game from the get-go without this majority of 'em being DLC shenanigans.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Aug 26th, 2013 at 02:18 AM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2013 02:16 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It's still possible that Fulgore will be one of the first 6 characters, no? They've only officially shown 4 characters, while hinting at Kim Wu as the fifth. Won't be surprised if Fulgore is the last character revealed before launch to get people a bit more excited.

I'm also not so sure it has that much to do with greed as it does with them simply starting production on this project kind of late. I get the impression with what's being left out from the launch version of the game (no story mode, 6 characters) that they probably started production fairly recently, and they want it as a launch title where the title will probably stand out more to those who weren't previously fans of the series. I think it has more to do with them trying to get the game out there before it's fully ready. Which I guess you could argue is still based on greed.

Last edited by BackFire on Aug 26th, 2013 at 02:44 AM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2013 02:39 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

http://www.screwattack.com/news/kil...t-ultra-edition

So instead of promoting Killer Instinct by rereleasing the classic on both the 360 and the One, Microsoft decided it would be best you get it ONLY if you buy their special editions for the third game and KI2 will be available sometime later after KI3's release but, again, only on the One.

I don't want the One! Just give me the classics!

(please log in to view the image)

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 17th, 2013 at 03:39 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 03:26 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Eh, go freakin figure. It's Microshit after all.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 08:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Eh, go freakin figure. It's Microshit after all.

They are hit or miss, these days. Don't know how much more my emotions can take. *weeps quietly*

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 01:01 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Why would they release it on the 360? Having it as an exclusive on the One will get very hardcore fans to buy the console. Seems smart to me.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 01:51 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I think you're missing what the main gripe here is. It's not so much that KI3 isn't on the 360, but the fact the classic KI games are only available for those who get the special ultra edition of KI3, when re-releasing the two KI classics on either the 360 or the One as downloadable titles would've been a smart move, as they would've gotten plenty of money from those who only wanted to play the classics, but now they're forcing you to get the ultra edition of KI3 if you want to play the classic games at all, which is an asshat move even for Microshit.

That would've been like if you had to buy the Komplete Edition or whatever for Mortal Kombat 9 if you just wanted to get the MK Arcade Kollection for the first three games. See where I'm getting at now?

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Nov 18th, 2013 at 03:22 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:19 AM
ares834

Is it an asshat move, perhaps. But I still see it as a smart one.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:21 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Again, plenty would've payed money just to get the classic games. You're saying re-releasing them individually for those who didn't want KI3 wouldn't have been a smart move?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:24 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I guarantee they'll make less sales of the forced bundle than they would have of all three individual games.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:24 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

^ See, this man gets it. Ares clearly doesn't.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:25 AM
ares834

Originally posted by KingD19
I guarantee they'll make less sales of the forced bundle than they would have of all three individual games.

Sure, but selling Xbones is more important than selling games on 360.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:26 AM
dadudemon

I think you're missing what the main gripe here is. It's not so much that KI3 isn't on the 360, but the fact the classic KI games are only available for those who get the special ultra edition of KI3, when re-releasing the two KI classics on either the 360 or the One as downloadable titles would've been a smart move, as they would've gotten plenty of money from those who only wanted to play the classics, but now they're forcing you to get the ultra edition of KI3 if you want to play the classic games at all, which is an asshat move even for Microshit.

That would've been like if you had to buy the Komplete Edition or whatever for Mortal Kombat 9 if you just wanted to get the MK Arcade Kollection for the first three games. See where I'm getting at now?

It's amazing that a person that can barely be called a man gets marketing more than the geniuses at Microsoft.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:29 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by ares834
Sure, but selling Xbones is more important than selling games on 360.

Doesn't change that they'd get more money off of selling the three KI's individually than as a forced bundle. Why do you support Microshit's stupidity? Out of fanboyism?

@ dadudemon: Thanks, I think. embarrasment

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Nov 18th, 2013 at 03:33 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:29 AM
ares834

Doesn't change that they'd get more money off of selling the three KI's individually than as a forced bundle. Why do you support Microshit's stupidity?

Because I don't see it as stupid. Right now selling Xbones is far more important than making money off 360 games. If releasing KI as a bundle exclusively on the Xbone has them sell more Xbones than it's a good move for Microsoft.

Yes, it sucks for those people who want KI but had no intention of buying the Xbone. But that's the point, now those people may end up buying it.

Out of fanboyism?

laughing out loud

The fanboy argument a classic tactic. How about arguing the points instead of pulling out the ad hominems.

Heck, as of now, I don't intend to get a Xbone until it gets some strong exclusives and becomes cheaper. Right now, the PS3 certainly looks like the preferable console.

Last edited by ares834 on Nov 18th, 2013 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:32 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Because I don't see it as stupid. Right now selling Xbones is far more important than making money off 360 games. If releasing KI as a bundle exclusively on the Xbone has them sell more Xbones than it's a good move for Microsoft.

Yes, it sucks for those people who want KI but had no intention of buying the Xbone. But that's the point, now those people may end up buying it.

I like KI but **** that. As much I like pulling off ultra combos with a raptor, it's not worth getting if it means going that far just to play it

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:48 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Only the most diehard fans for KI would get an xbone just for that forced bundle though, which is marginal compared to the amount that would've payed money just to play the classic KI games again as downloadable titles on the 360 OR the One.

Which option makes them the most money is what should naturally be the most important decision as a business, and what I said is what would get them more money from KI than the forced bundle crap. I mean despite how long it's been around, KI alone won't be a system seller like Halo or one of those series, as it's got more of a small cult fanbase than anything else, with how long it's been dead till recently...

laughing out loud

The fanboy argument a classic tactic. How about arguing the points instead of pulling out the ad hominems.

Was genuinely trying to take a guess out of why you were doing what you're doing more than I was being an ad hominem, but okay.

Heck, as of now, I don't intend to get a Xbone until it gets some strong exclusives and becomes cheaper. Right now, the PS3 certainly looks like the preferable console.

So you admit then that KI isn't a particularly strong exclusive? Why do you say then that the forced bundle is a smart move, even though it gets them less money than the alternative mentioned?

You mean PS4? In which case, I agree.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:52 AM
ares834

I have no interest in fighting games, and yeah, I don't see it as that strong of an exclusive but I know plenty of people who were huge fans of the games.

Last edited by ares834 on Nov 18th, 2013 at 04:01 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:56 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Eh, fair enough then.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 03:57 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The sales for KI3 I imagine still won't reach Microsoft's expectations. As Ridley said, the fanbase is kind of small for it's been years since we've seen that fighter and making the older Killer Instincts exclusive to a bundle on another platform won't really motivate potential newcomers unless those games were available on the 360 for them to try out and leave them with a wanting for more which will then make them get a One if they want to play the third installment. That would've been a better strategy IMO.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 04:10 AM