KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Does Hollywood need saving from superheroes?

Does Hollywood need saving from superheroes?
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Does Hollywood need saving from superheroes?

Found this article while looking on IMDB news

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013...eak-superheroes

Old Post Jun 12th, 2013 10:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Re: Does Hollywood need saving from superheroes?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Found this article while looking on IMDB news

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013...eak-superheroes

That's funny.I think Hollywood upon this time needs new ideas in making films.The abundance of remakes of old films pretty much says that.And sometimes the remakes itself isn't even appreciated by some movie goers.This is most specifically of fans of the original work comparing the original with the remake.I know there are exceptions.But it would seem Majority of the time.Kinda like writing a book and choosing what kinda of race would the protagonist belongs to.This reminds me of a Simpson episode were Homer's group were writing a story.Homer suggested that the protagonist be a vampire.Then Selma(Don't know the spelling of her name so forgive for me this) points to a shelf full of books about stories of vampires.Bart then said "The Vampire genre is sucked out!" Its like making a story about deities interacting with humans.But you choose Norse or Greek myths only to realize that Marvel has already done those.So what's the alternative?Find a mythology people have never heard about.It will be new to them in a way since it would not be Greek or Norse myth smokin'

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Jun 12th, 2013 10:59 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Funny at his comments about about female superheroes, Its not because people are not interested in, Its because no one hasn't adapted a good one to film.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2013 12:23 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

FFS, I would go to the theatres even less if there were no super hero movies. This year, I've only gone to see Iron Man 3, Star Trek, and I'll be watching MOS, Thor: The Dark World and Desolation of Smaug. Maybe another movie or 2 but I doubt it.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 13th, 2013 02:30 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

The super heroes genre is a mix of western/action/kung fu/sci-fi genres. So no, Hollywood does not need saving from this genre. It's a fun genre that brings in hundreds of millions and far better than some of the stuff Hollywood has. The horror genre sucks and doesn't even bring in that much. Comedy is a mix bag of good and crappy movies. Action heroes genre doesn't even make that much any more. There's a lot of genre's which suck these days. Superheroes are fun, intriguing, and block busters. Sometimes they're just plain bad though.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2013 08:06 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's the other way around. Superheroes are what's carrying Hollywood right now. The geeks have inherited the Earth.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 09:20 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote