KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Khan Noonien Singh vs. Yoda

Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Khan Noonien Singh 10 8.77%
Yoda 102 89.47%
Yoda flees like he did against Palpatine in shame 2 1.75%
Total: 114 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khan Noonien Singh vs. Yoda
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (201): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I edited my previous post BTW to answer a post I missed, so I'll re-quote it here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
What the fu.... This isn't even REMOTELY related to what is being discussed.... You have the attention span of a pea.

It takes him an instant to stop the thing in mid motion, against gravity I might add. It takes a moment to spin it up and chuck it back against said gravity, to which it pulverises several other pods and forces Sidious to move and alter tactics.

Because there are numerous clones, and only one Khan. Most clones that challenged Yoda never got a shot off.

Originally posted by quanchi112
He did stop it. I always said he did. He also stays still and takes seconds to spin and launch. Wide open for Khan. Bye bye Yoda.

No, what you are not understanding is that there is literally nothing stopping Yoda using that same force grip to immobilise Khan, Gun and all. What, you think I was arguing that Khan was gonna actually throw spinny disks at Khan?

(please log in to view the image)

Yoda didn't force defeat Palpatine who is much weaker than Khan is. Khan wins.

Physically, Palps may be weaker than khan, but the force is a powerful ally and amplifier that puts Sidious out of Khan's league by dozens of orders of magnitude.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2013 03:44 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I edited my previous post BTW to answer a post I missed, so I'll re-quote it here.

No, what you are not understanding is that there is literally nothing stopping Yoda using that same force grip to immobilise Khan, Gun and all. What, you think I was arguing that Khan was gonna actually throw spinny disks at Khan?

Physically, Palps may be weaker than khan, but the force is a powerful ally and amplifier that puts Sidious out of Khan's league by dozens of orders of magnitude.
Because he doesn't do so to immobilize his enemies. We've seen him fight. Dooku, Palpatine, and clones. We see he uses force powers to defend against those attacks.

No, but I'm telling you Yoda doesn't just hurl pods. He defends himself and might force push. That's it. Didn't beat Palpatine. Fact.

If the attack can't beat an old man it isn't beating a genetic superman.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2013 03:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Because he doesn't do so to immobilize his enemies. We've seen him fight. Dooku, Palpatine, and clones. We see he uses force powers to defend against those attacks.

He did use the force on Dooku, he absorbed his force lightning. Oh and the fact that using force powers on force users is more difficult than on normal people. Khan is not a force user, thus he has no defence.

Clones get decapitated the instant they raised their weapons.

No, but I'm telling you Yoda doesn't just hurl pods. He defends himself and might force push. That's it. Didn't beat Palpatine. Fact.

Palpatine just happens to be a force user, and one of the few who are stronger than Yoda in pure power.

If the attack can't beat an old man it isn't beating a genetic superman.

Khan doesn't have Force Precog, not force powers to defend himself with. He will simply look at Yoda helplessly as his arms, legs and weapon refuse to budge.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2013 03:59 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

He did use the force on Dooku, he absorbed his force lightning. Oh and the fact that using force powers on force users is more difficult than on normal people. Khan is not a force user, thus he has no defence.

Clones get decapitated the instant they raised their weapons.

Palpatine just happens to be a force user, and one of the few who are stronger than Yoda in pure power.

Khan doesn't have Force Precog, not force powers to defend himself with. He will simply look at Yoda helplessly as his arms, legs and weapon refuse to budge.
Yes, he did but Couldnt beat Dooku with it either. He uses his powers to defend himself, usually.

Jango isn't a force user yet no one easily force crushed him. Not how it works.

Yes, in close proximity with his saber. I fully believe Yoda will try to win with his saber. You are starting to get it.

The force push hit him. Didn't defeat him. Lol.

You have no examples to support your case. Essentially you want to script the battle and ignore the characteristics, history, and temperament of the characters to sell your case.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2013 04:09 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Yes, he did but Couldnt beat Dooku with it either. He uses his powers to defend himself, usually.

I'm pretty sure I just explained this to you. Dooku is a force user.

Jango isn't a force user yet no one easily force crushed him. Not how it works.

So, PIS, CIS and suspension of disbelief are all on full. Just because it is not explicitly seen, does not mean it cannot and does not happen. hell, Windu force crushed Grevious's chest.

Yes, in close proximity with his saber. I fully believe Yoda will try to win with his saber. You are starting to get it.

Or throw the saber so fast and control it's movement like a remote missile that Khan can't dodge it.

The force push hit him. Didn't defeat him. Lol.

Let me put this another way then. Khan has no way of stopping that attack, Khan cannot get up with several dozen tonnes of invisible psychic force pressure continually thumping into him, he is pinned to the ground, and Yoda calmly walks up to him, pokes Khan's immobile body with his cane, then cuts off his arms at the shoulders and legs at the hips.

And thus, Khan has lost as he can never fight again.

You have no examples to support your case. Essentially you want to script the battle and ignore the characteristics, history, and temperament of the characters to sell your case.

You wrote the OP bro, Yoda enraged, he aint going to be holding back.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2013 04:19 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I'm pretty sure I just explained this to you. Dooku is a force user.

So, PIS, CIS and suspension of disbelief are all on full. Just because it is not explicitly seen, does not mean it cannot and does not happen. hell, Windu force crushed Grevious's chest.

Or throw the saber so fast and control it's movement like a remote missile that Khan can't dodge it.

Let me put this another way then. Khan has no way of stopping that attack, Khan cannot get up with several dozen tonnes of invisible psychic force pressure continually thumping into him, he is pinned to the ground, and Yoda calmly walks up to him, pokes Khan's immobile body with his cane, then cuts off his arms at the shoulders and legs at the hips.

And thus, Khan has lost as he can never fight again.

You wrote the OP bro, Yoda enraged, he aint going to be holding back.

He only used it in defense. That's how he uses it in character save a force push which is fair game. I argue based on how these characters fight whereas you want to ignore that and script the whole thing.

You want to ignore the fights or how these characters interact with bias. Not the first time or last time I will see this weak argument. Canon. Undeniable. Pis and CIs is subjective and a tool,used by trolls whereas I accept all the evidence. Live actions films only. Characters were portrayed vastly different in that toon compared to the live action films.

We've never seen this. He took out a clone or so and it was not anywhere near this fast. Khan is going to be firing his guns so its silly for him to toss his weapon.

Palpatine got up. You don't get to cross match feats and ignore a frail human body getting up just fine and beating Yoda. Nice fanfic but is based off your wild imagination.

Yoda wasn't holding back against Palpatine. The circumstances were far graver with the galaxy in the line. I am using his temperament from that fight as well as Dooku which could have ended the Separatist affair altogether.

Face it Yoda is a failure. If this gets in close combat Khan breaks his face.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2013 05:09 PM
quanchi112
Disney

The Yoda side has conceded.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 01:30 AM
Darkstorm Zero

See, this ios why people have a problem with you Quan, this is why people cannot have legitimate discussion or debate with you. You wrote the damn OP, you didn't stipulate any of this, and in mid debate (In which you claimed was a cowardly tactic to another poster BTW) changed the stips, and did a goalpost shift.

This is Khan Noonien Singh from Star Trek: Into Darkness vs. Yoda from the live action films only. Yoda has had enough. Khan has been ruthlessly slaughtering jedis with greater precision than Order 66. The fight takes place in the Senate Pod room. Can the most powerful Jedi survive ?

Stick with the program you wrote Quan. Debates such as these are not from an in-story in-universe perspective, and are not plot or character driven. If you want debates like those, then write details into the OP like proper stipulations.

He only used it in defense. That's how he uses it in character save a force push which is fair game. I argue based on how these characters fight whereas you want to ignore that and script the whole thing.

No, I look at it as how they would react with their power set when plot isn't an issue.

You want to ignore the fights or how these characters interact with bias. Not the first time or last time I will see this weak argument. Canon. Undeniable. Pis and CIs is subjective and a tool,used by trolls whereas I accept all the evidence. Live actions films only. Characters were portrayed vastly different in that toon compared to the live action films.

It's only weak to you because you can't win a debate in any other fasion but your horribly stacked decks.

We've never seen this. He took out a clone or so and it was not anywhere near this fast. Khan is going to be firing his guns so its silly for him to toss his weapon.

Hmm, Killing several clones on Kasshyyk, and those ones outside the Jedi temple of Coruscant... Yoda throws his saber and stabs one on the heart.

Palpatine got up. You don't get to cross match feats and ignore a frail human body getting up just fine and beating Yoda. Nice fanfic but is based off your wild imagination.

So, once again, Sids having the force to a stronger degree and knows how to counter it's effects somehow does not apply. Interesting, but wrong.

Yoda wasn't holding back against Palpatine. The circumstances were far graver with the galaxy in the line. I am using his temperament from that fight as well as Dooku which could have ended the Separatist affair altogether.

Because Yoda kills indiscriminately, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Face it Yoda is a failure. If this gets in close combat Khan breaks his face.

Khan would never be able to hit him, and loses limbs to the lightsaber for trying.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 02:15 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

See, this is why people have a problem with you Quan, this is why people cannot have legitimate discussion or debate [anywhere in this versus forum]

fixed.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Last edited by focus4chumps on Jun 14th, 2013 at 02:43 AM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 02:41 AM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by focus4chumps
fixed.

Or in any forum for that matter... wink

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 02:44 AM
quanchi112
Disney

See, this ios why people have a problem with you Quan, this is why people cannot have legitimate discussion or debate with you. You wrote the damn OP, you didn't stipulate any of this, and in mid debate (In which you claimed was a cowardly tactic to another poster BTW) changed the stips, and did a goalpost shift.

Stick with the program you wrote Quan. Debates such as these are not from an in-story in-universe perspective, and are not plot or character driven. If you want debates like those, then write details into the OP like proper stipulations.

No, I look at it as how they would react with their power set when plot isn't an issue.

It's only weak to you because you can't win a debate in any other fasion but your horribly stacked decks.

Hmm, Killing several clones on Kasshyyk, and those ones outside the Jedi temple of Coruscant... Yoda throws his saber and stabs one on the heart.

So, once again, Sids having the force to a stronger degree and knows how to counter it's effects somehow does not apply. Interesting, but wrong.

Because Yoda kills indiscriminately, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Khan would never be able to hit him, and loses limbs to the lightsaber for trying.
I did not change the stips at all. Nothing has changed. I always argue in character but most of you don't. It isn't the characters and a flawed way of debating.

They still fight in character ie. we don't just pretend we are them with their powers as you are essentially eliminating the characters themselves.

Yoda had ample opportunity to do so and was in combat situations. He only does so in defense.

That isn't a stacked debate its called being consistent to both characters. I only argue in character. You bounce all over the map and create your own imaginary feats not even seen in the movies.

Yes. Yoda can throw his saber and has. I never argued otherwise but he was close and had an ally. If he misses Hes screwed. It also leaves him wide open while he's throwing it. He is going to be busy dodging blasts to worry about tossing his only defense.

Palpatine was hit with the attack. The attack was over. He Didnt defend against the attack at all. He was fine. We see Yoda use the force to deflect lightning but prior to that we see Yoda squarely hit and briefly ko'd. Yoda didn't use the force he was simply rocked that first time. Same thing with Palpatine.

Yoda was trying to kill Palpatine and failed. That is an example of him going all out.

Khan is more skilled, stronger, and better trained in combat. Yoda is only skilled with a saber and has a knowledge of the force and its general application. Khan wrecks him close. It's easy to disarm Yoda as well.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 02:53 AM
quanchi112
Disney

fixed.
Or in any forum for that matter... wink
You girls.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 02:54 AM
Silent Master

Yoda wins.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 02:58 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

I did not change the stips at all. Nothing has changed. I always argue in character but most of you don't. It isn't the characters and a flawed way of debating.

You are the only one who thinks this way, and since you didn't stipulate it in the OP, my point stands. CIS and PIS are out according to forum rules unless otherwise noted, you didn't note it, therefore you are subject to the same rules as everyone else.

They still fight in character ie. we don't just pretend we are them with their powers as you are essentially eliminating the characters themselves.

Don't make me repeat myself.

Yoda had ample opportunity to do so and was in combat situations. He only does so in defense.

Irrelevant to a theoretical debate.

That isn't a stacked debate its called being consistent to both characters. I only argue in character. You bounce all over the map and create your own imaginary feats not even seen in the movies.

It's called drawing logical conclusions with the power set involved. We here on KMC are not restricted to plot development.

Yes. Yoda can throw his saber and has. I never argued otherwise but he was close and had an ally. If he misses Hes screwed. It also leaves him wide open while he's throwing it. He is going to be busy dodging blasts to worry about tossing his only defense.

So the force is not a defence or a weapon now? And dodging incoming fire is not going to be an issue for someone with precog.

Palpatine was hit with the attack. The attack was over. He Didnt defend against the attack at all. He was fine. We see Yoda use the force to deflect lightning but prior to that we see Yoda squarely hit and briefly ko'd. Yoda didn't use the force he was simply rocked that first time. Same thing with Palpatine.

You obviously know absolutely nothing about the force or it's applications. I am far from surprised considering you lack the motivation to do any modicum of research before you slap together and jury-rig a thread.

Yoda was trying to kill Palpatine and failed. That is an example of him going all out.

No, an example of him going all out would not involve him retreating.

Khan is more skilled, stronger, and better trained in combat. Yoda is only skilled with a saber and has a knowledge of the force and its general application. Khan wrecks him close. It's easy to disarm Yoda as well.

More killed? no. Physically stronger vs normal humans perhaps, not against someone who is force amped and has 800 years experience with it. And jedi training involves military tactics and maneuvers. They know how to fight wars, and Yoda is the most experienced of them all. You dreadfully overestimate Khan.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 03:07 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I will get to this later when I have the time.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 03:17 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

coward. you'll just post your usual stupid "lol u mad khan wins" clownshit and move on to posting the next spite thread.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 03:48 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

coward. you'll just post your usual stupid "lol u mad khan wins" clownshit and move on to posting the next spite thread.

Khan vs Zod maybe? Zod loses due to Khan killing non humans and Zod is a non human?

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 04:21 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 07:42 PM
quanchi112
Disney

So full of rage. You're a coward.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2013 02:19 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Its about time.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2013 02:20 AM