KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy XV
Started by: noitseuq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yeah, I kinda hoped they would fix that shit for the retail version but apparently they decided to keep it.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 10:20 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Not to mention the car is so slow. Can't help but feel like its just a way to force us to get a feel of how big the open world is. And it totally backfires because it gets boring at times. Even if I do enjoy the scenery.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 10:38 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Got the game last night, played it for a few hours. On Chapter 2.

Enjoying it so far, already moreso than 13. The world feels more lived in than 13's did. Combat is fun if a little hectic, and characters are pretty likeable, though a bit annoying.

The voice work is pretty weak, though, seems to have taken a few steps back from FF13 and other high end voice acting in modern games.

Overall I'm enjoying it so far, though.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 11:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Not to mention the car is so slow. Can't help but feel like its just a way to force us to get a feel of how big the open world is. And it totally backfires because it gets boring at times. Even if I do enjoy the scenery.
Chocobos are way more fun anyway, it's a shame you have to rent them instead of simply owning one. A breeding system would have been amazing, they dropped the ball big time there.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 02:14 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just wondering about the install size with its 40.5g, Does that also apply to it if you buy it on disc?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 03:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Chocobos are way more fun anyway, it's a shame you have to rent them instead of simply owning one. A breeding system would have been amazing, they dropped the ball big time there.

That...really sucks actually.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Just wondering about the install size with its 40.5g, Does that also apply to it if you buy it on disc?

From what I recall, no matter if you buy it physically or digitally, the size is always the same. Getting the disc just makes installing the game slightly faster.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 03:43 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

When I installed it on my brother's XBONE it was a 40gb install, so I imagine it's the same on PS4 too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 03:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

So I just tried fighting an Iron Giant at midnight and I'm level 14. He spawned right on top of my car so I couldn't get inside without him gone. I've been stuck out all night waiting because the phaggots just hanging out there. Tried to fight him and actually got him down to half way before he wiped us all out and I barely limped away from him. Now I'm back to waiting for him to disappear at morning.

What a dick.

EDIT: Holy phuck, I waited until morning and he would not leave lol. The sunlight started to kill him. I gave the fight another go and actually won while the sun burned him down too. That was BADASS!

PWNT

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 06:03 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Arachnid1
So I just tried fighting an Iron Giant at midnight and I'm level 14. He spawned right on top of my car so I couldn't get inside without him gone. I've been stuck out all night waiting because the phaggots just hanging out there. Tried to fight him and actually got him down to half way before he wiped us all out and I barely limped away from him. Now I'm back to waiting for him to disappear at morning.

What a dick.

EDIT: Holy phuck, I waited until morning and he would not leave lol. The sunlight started to kill him. I gave the fight another go and actually won while the sun burned him down too. That was BADASS!

That sounds like it can be a really fun gameplay mechanic (monsters being really tough to beat at night, daybreak weakening them).

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 01:32 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

It happens. Night exploring is annoying as **** lol.

I was driving in a tunnel on my way to the first big town we encounter and I was interrupted by a fricking tonbery. Now take in mind the scale of this world, so the tunnel was huge. So it was either fight the guy or run for ages. I was panicking but did manage to beat him...after getting insta gibbed like 4 times LMAO

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 02:19 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I'm midway through chapter 7 and it's really fun so far.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 03:14 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 02:11 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I just finished the Leviathan fight. Come the **** on Square.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 03:20 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I know.

Game is literally Xenogears 2.0

Funny thing is

FFXV Update road map
Short term goals
First of all, improve chapter 13. In order to do this we will be increasing the strength of the ring magic etc.

Mid term goals
Improve the story in the second half by having full voiced event scenes. This is mid term goal since they have to localize all the new stuff into several different languages which takes time.

Long term goals
Allow the important characters that appeared in the story to be playable. Also currently determining if they will add an avatar system in the game, where you can create your own character.

Others
New game +, Low level runs, invincibility options, increase font size to make text more easy to read.

-- I don't know what to say.

Da Fuq, Square Enix????

Last edited by Zack Fair on Dec 7th, 2016 at 07:22 AM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 07:18 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

But it shows they care about fans' opinions.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 07:28 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Zack Fair
I know.

Game is literally Xenogears 2.0

Funny thing is

FFXV Update road map
Short term goals
First of all, improve chapter 13. In order to do this we will be increasing the strength of the ring magic etc.

Mid term goals
Improve the story in the second half by having full voiced event scenes. This is mid term goal since they have to localize all the new stuff into several different languages which takes time.

Long term goals
Allow the important characters that appeared in the story to be playable. Also currently determining if they will add an avatar system in the game, where you can create your own character.

Others
New game +, Low level runs, invincibility options, increase font size to make text more easy to read.

-- I don't know what to say.

Da Fuq, Square Enix????

So anybody who got XV already should withhold from playing until said updates arrive then. Mon dieu

I guess better late than never but man you wish they thought of that stuff sooner. Why didn't they think of that stuff sooner?

Last edited by Nemesis X on Dec 7th, 2016 at 02:08 PM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 01:58 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Because they wanted to get some money back. So they cut corners and now are trying to handle the backlash.

I am not going to lie, game's second half is really bad. And I had my hopes up that everyone was just being negative, but it is really really bad -_-

And yes people are better off not finishing the game. Kind of ridiculous, no?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 05:35 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm about to start the dreaded Chapter 13. I've heard nothing but horrible things about it, and I'm considering just not starting that until they "fix" it.

I've enjoyed the game thus far, even the more linear chapters I think have been fine. But they really took a strange approach to this game, where they just abandon the open world they clearly worked so hard on to push the story forward. Why do that? Just take Witcher 3's much superior approach and set the story bits in the open world itself.

I'm still a bit bewildered as to how they apparently had to rush this game even thoug they've had 5+ years of active development on it. I'm not sure where that time went. I get the impression that a lot of Japanese developers have serious time allotment and efficiency issues with making games these days. There's no reason this game should have taken more than 3 years to make. The world is nice, and the gameplay is fun, but it's not like the world is super fleshed out, or the side quests are terribly engaging - pretty simple MMO style quests. Like, how does CD Project Red make a game like Witcher 3 in around 3 or 4 years, with so much more quality content and a better, richer world, and a smaller budget, but Square takes 5 years to make a clearly rushed and flawed game with a much larger budget and less content? I just don't get it.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 11:42 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I'm trying to speedball through it this exact moment, it's endless

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 12:44 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Chapter 13 is real bad in the beginning. Still I had little trouble because I was way over leveled. But chapter 13 is basically FF meets old school Resident Evil and Metal Gear. By the time I was near the end I was kind of liking it. I'm weird but I just looked at it as the last 'final boss" dungeon we always get in Finals. And it reminded me of ShinRa HQ from Final 7.

All of that said this game has the best final fantasy ending of the entire series. None other comes close to how powerful and emotional it is. kudos to them for at least getting the ending right.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 05:15 AM