KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Which villain do you want to see for MOS 2?

Which villain do you want to see for MOS 2?
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Which villain do you want to see for MOS 2?

I think Cyborg Superman could be cool.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 09:41 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Have to change his origin

the one they had for Death & Return of superman was just stupid.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 09:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Brainiac, for Man of Steel 2, Doomsday for Man of Steel 3

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 06:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Brainiac and Lex. Or Mongul could be cool too

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 06:40 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Brainiac and Lex. Or Mongul could be cool too

the problem with Lex is that he is over done.. I would like Lex this time around if he is only a secular villain instead of the main one

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 06:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I agree. I don't want him front and center either, I just feel storywise, the sequel would be the perfect time for him to swoop in with his anti-superman propaganda and schemes. If not now I don't see a better time for them to work him in there. But I think he absolutely should be secondary to Brainiac

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 06:47 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I agree. I don't want him front and center either, I just feel storywise, the sequel would be the perfect time for him to swoop in with his anti-superman propaganda and schemes. If not now I don't see a better time for them to work him in there. But I think he absolutely should be secondary to Brainiac

I agree, David Goyer should watch a lot of the Justice League cartoon episodes where Lex was doing that..

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 06:51 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

The Brainiac/lex combo IMO would be their best bet for a successful sequel.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 06:53 PM
juggerman

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I agree, David Goyer should watch a lot of the Justice League cartoon episodes where Lex was doing that..

I think Young Justice Lex is where it's at

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 07:06 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Honestly, we do need Lex Luthor in this film franchise, and yes, he should be a major character/foil.

One of the themes in Man of Steel was truth/faith, both in the case of Kal putting said trust in his adopted family, the human race, and in himself. With the way things ended and Superman telling Swanwick to convince the US that he's here to stay and help (on his terms), we need to see the other side of that trust worthy coin.

The previous Luthors on the big screen didn't do Lex justice in the sense that through modern interpretations of the character, he's doing what he believes is honestly in humanity's best interest, not showcasing himself as the "greatest criminal mastermind of our time". The first film was the DC Cinematic Universe's first exposure to superpowers and alien life forms, and Lex needs to be the guy who doesn't sound all that crazy when he says that beings like Superman can and are a threat to humanity if left unchecked. Sure, he also needs to be a self serving, jaded, and corrupted man, but Luthor, like Superman, needs to represent qualities of humanity we can identify with, albeit reluctantly. Smallville, horrendous as it was at times, did Lex justice with his portrayal. The Man of Steel/DCCU should follow that example.

That said, I don't want to see him physically engage Superman. He should be developing anti-Superman measures/weapons and/or possibly be involved with Brainac's incursion (I can even see Luthor obtaining a sample of either Superman's DNA that was left over in the fight, or more logically, getting his hands on Zod's corpse and making a "Bizarro" like clone with it). Luthor should never be the immediate threat to Superman, but the long term and insidious one that only gets more and more bothersome as time passes on.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 07:15 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The Brainiac/lex combo IMO would be their best bet for a successful sequel.

agreed

Originally posted by juggerman
I think Young Justice Lex is where it's at

i forgot about those.. old age lol

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 09:49 PM
WhiteWitchKing

Cyborg Superman/Lex Luthor for the sequel. Lex builds CS from Kryptonian tech he gets access to. This would help establish Lex as a true intellect who's able to adapt Kryptonian tech but build an Cyborg than is every bit as powerful, if not more so, than even Superman. It makes him a credible threat than same of the Lex hacks we seen in the past.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 01:05 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Anyone but Lex Luthor...

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 02:29 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

They already confirmed Lex MoS2. Anyways, Brainiac would be a nice choice but not for a movie. I rather have Lex Luthor as the main antagonist. Something he does during the movie create a new villain, nothing too big. Parasite, or someone that can make Superman weak, NOT KRYPTONITE. Bring Superman down a notch, much like they did with Spiderman 2.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 03:02 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Lex won't be enough to carry the whole sequel. M.o.s gave the public a taste of Superman action done correct, they'll be looking for the sequel to hit even harder.

Last edited by BruhMan on Jun 21st, 2013 at 04:32 AM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 04:28 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Lex could be in the movies, but NOT as the main villain. I'm so tired of "Movie Lex" and they already redid Zod....ffs let's get some new blood in there.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 06:30 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Cyborg Superman/Lex Luthor for the sequel. Lex builds CS from Kryptonian tech he gets access to. This would help establish Lex as a true intellect who's able to adapt Kryptonian tech but build an Cyborg than is every bit as powerful, if not more so, than even Superman. It makes him a credible threat than same of the Lex hacks we seen in the past.

thumb up

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 03:28 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Lex Luthor as a villain will be the CEO of Lex Corp, seriously in a real world why will a CEO like Warren Buffet or Carlos Slim will like to fight the Man of Steel???

It will mostly be a CEO villain which seriously kills the character for me.

Plus that I have seen so many Superman movies with Lex Luthor as a villain that I feel like they should let him rest from the movies for a while. well I can think If somehow they can make Luthor to create a bizarro Superman but it very similar to Superman IV, so I guess I stick to the idea of forgetting Luthor at least for the second movie

Braniac will be great, Doomsday, Cyborg Superman.

Hemmil went to the phantom zone so that gives some room to create a villain as well.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 04:00 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

I hope it is a CEO villain. HE doesn't have to necessarily hate Superman. Instead, it could be that Superman is in his way and preventing him from achieving his goal, whether it be riches, or power.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 04:09 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Darkseid. Or Brainiac. Luthor is alright if he's with another villain.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2013 03:45 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote