KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Shang Chi vs Lady Shiva

Shang Chi vs Lady Shiva
Started by: jitay

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dareangel

Shang Chi

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 08:58 AM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

A decent argument can be made for either.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 03:37 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah, Shiva. EASILY. Shang is sub Batman level.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 07:48 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Shang Chi.

I’ve also noted that I’ve not seen one person clearly state how Shiva could win. For Shang Chi, there’s a scan showing him making a Karate Kid-lite move. Anything similar for Shiva, or is it just conjecture?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 07:38 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Other than Shiva completely owning Batman (League of Shadows arc)? Batman is in god tier when it comes to MA.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 07:49 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Shang

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 08:30 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Shiva also fought the Gotham Knights by herself, including Cassandra Cain and Azrael.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 09:02 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

i'm the biggest DC fan on these boards but I'm also honest. Shang destroys her

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 03:15 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Shang takes this rather solidly.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 03:33 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

How?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 05:28 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
How?

with his furious yellow fists

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 05:33 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by deathslash
Shang takes this rather solidly.

Doubtful.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:39 PM
Raisen

Originally posted by Zack M
Doubtful.

DC is pretty hax huh?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:40 PM
Senor Cage

I would have given Shang the sleight edge, but after League of Shadows are, Shiva reclaimed her top spot by actual feats.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:43 PM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

I would have given Shang the sleight edge, but after League of Shadows are, Shiva reclaimed her top spot by actual feats.

Would you mind sharing those Zack? I ask because - and don’t get me wrong - while I think that Lady Shiva is at the very top of human martial artists (together with the likes of the original Richard Dragon) , and has skill levels that are absolutely superlative, that Shang Chi is something beyond human. There was a time Shang Chi was a male Marvel version of Shiva (or, better yet, Marvel’s Richard Dragon), but recently I’ve seen him doing things that make him a weak version of Karate Kid. Or, put in a different way, he is Iron Fist without the glowing hands.

The way I see it, in the same way DC enhances its better-than-meta characters. As an example, everyone higher than meta in DC seems to have a combo of strength, speed, other ...even Aquaman has high level strength, can move at super speed, can jump over tall buildings, has access to magic, is a great fighter, can control sea life, and has high level telepathy ...with him being a joke largely because he is in a team with characters that can do all of those things better (strength -SM, and virtually everyone but BM; fighting skill WW and BM; speed everyone but Bm, telepathy MM, magic Zatanna, you get the drift)

In the same way DC does that to its ‘higher-than-meta’ characters, Marvel does that to its martial artists. All of them - from Black Cat to Electra to Daredevil to T’challa to Steve Rogers to Danny Rand to Shang Chi ...every martial artist better than Black Widow has some sort of powers.

I’d love to see how Shiva can beat Shang Chi, but I just don’t see it.

Shang Chi would give Lady Shiva her beautiful death. I see him as a more skilled Iron Fist without glowing fists (and the ability to punch trains).

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 05:05 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Bruce would slap Shang around quite easily, so anyone who could give him difficulty would be too much for Shang

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 07:04 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote:
Would you mind sharing those Zack? I ask because - and don’t get me wrong - while I think that Lady Shiva is at the very top of human martial artists (together with the likes of the original Richard Dragon) , and has skill levels that are absolutely superlative, that Shang Chi is something beyond human. There was a time Shang Chi was a male Marvel version of Shiva (or, better yet, Marvel’s Richard Dragon), but recently I’ve seen him doing things that make him a weak version of Karate Kid. Or, put in a different way, he is Iron Fist without the glowing hands.

The way I see it, in the same way DC enhances its better-than-meta characters. As an example, everyone higher than meta in DC seems to have a combo of strength, speed, other ...even Aquaman has high level strength, can move at super speed, can jump over tall buildings, has access to magic, is a great fighter, can control sea life, and has high level telepathy ...with him being a joke largely because he is in a team with characters that can do all of those things better (strength -SM, and virtually everyone but BM; fighting skill WW and BM; speed everyone but Bm, telepathy MM, magic Zatanna, you get the drift)

In the same way DC does that to its ‘higher-than-meta’ characters, Marvel does that to its martial artists. All of them - from Black Cat to Electra to Daredevil to T’challa to Steve Rogers to Danny Rand to Shang Chi ...every martial artist better than Black Widow has some sort of powers.

I’d love to see how Shiva can beat Shang Chi, but I just don’t see it.

Shang Chi would give Lady Shiva her beautiful death. I see him as a more skilled Iron Fist without glowing fists (and the ability to punch trains).

DC does this with their Martial Artists as well. Look at Karate Kid, Batman, Shiva, Azrael, Jason (and his teachers, the All Caste), Cassandra, etc...

I don't see Shang beating someone who took on the entire Gotham Knights (Including Clayface) at once.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 07:40 PM
Senor Cage

I forgot to add Ra's Al Ghul to that list. In League of Shadows arc, it was revealed that he knew backwards magic (think Zatanna).

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 07:42 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

DC does this with their Martial Artists as well. Look at Karate Kid, Batman, Shiva, Azrael, Jason (and his teachers, the All Caste), Cassandra, etc...

I don't see Shang beating someone who took on the entire Gotham Knights (Including Clayface) at once.
you still haven't posted the scans of this.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 08:08 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Here are other martial artists with powers:

Judomaster (Can't be hit and here is her explanation)

(please log in to view the image)

Original Judomaster. Got out of unbreakable chains by controlling her every molecule and phasing.

Sa'ar the Ageless (Easily owned Shiva and Martian Manhunter)

Sensei (has Chi powers)

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 08:13 PM