KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane (DoE) vs Anakin Skywalker (RotS)

Darth Bane (DoE) vs Anakin Skywalker (RotS)
Started by: NewGuy01

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

So? I could and do feel the same about Bane's feat. Same thing goes.

Also, the majority of Maul's speed-feats comes from his journal, but I tend to ignore this one:

They are no match for me. They chase me, shaking their gaderffii sticks, but they cannot catch me. I am a streak of darkness, faster than light.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 04:21 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Actually, Zannah describes it as this:

At the back of the library was a nondescript door; beyond it, Zannah could sense the power of the dark side. It called out to her, like the vibrations of a churning engine thrumming through the floor. Approaching carefully, she felt the power grow. It wasn't coming from any person or creature; she knew the sensation of a living being attuned to the Force. This was different. It reminded her of the invisible pulses of energy she had felt emanating from the Force crystals she had used to construct her lightsaber.

-Dynasty of Evil

Lol, thats from Harths collection of darkside artifacts. That it reminds her of Force crystals should have been a clue for you:

'She tested the door and was surprised when it opened easily. Obviously, Set was confident in his privacy-but then, he no doubt had never suspected that a Sith might come to visit. Stepping into the room, she found it small and plain next to the rest of the mansion. There were no works of art, and the only furnishing was a display case set against the back wall a few meters away. By the light of her glow lamp, she could see an array of jewelry carefully arranged in the display case: rings, necklaces, amulets, and even crowns, all imbued with the power of the dark side.'

Its not a nexus and besides that they don't even fight there, but in Harths lounge.

Good to see that you concede that, without nexus', Bane hasn't anything on Maul in terms of power.

You're a funny man. Even without a nexus Banes lightning is powerful enough to incinerate beings and disintegrate stone. Even weakened by Cognus and stunned it can disintegrate a tangle net and he can block a half dozen concussion grenades. Fast enough to block every rain drop in a howling storm for 20 minutes. Powerful enough to dominate and crush Sith Lords like paper.

Do you really believe he's so much less powerful in DoE that he went from easily being above Maul (in RoT) to not having shit on him?

Agreed with your last sentence.

Canonically, he's a fraction slower than he had once been.

A 'fraction', yes. Not exactly a huge amount is it? Even if he is, he's still faster than Maul.

But he's not slower than he was in RoT.

Yep.

The two droids fired at Obi-Wan, but he batted their fired energy bolts back at them and cut them down as he moved fast for Dooku. Unfortunately, Dooku moved faster, extending his left hand toward Obi-Wan as he used the Force to lift the Jedi off his feet while at the same time constricting his throat.

-The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader

Eh, non-canon. Obi-Wan reaches Dooku in the movie, who takes him out while parrying him, not by being faster than him.

Yep.

But Obi-Wan, while not so experienced as Qui-Gon, was quicker. Anticipating each blow, he was able to elude his antagonist's efforts to bring him down.

-The Phantom Menace

Interesting. So Obi-Wan was quicker than Qui-Gon even as of TMP? That certainly doesn't look good for Qui-Gon.

rofl

Get your facts right. When Maul couldn't track Sidious' blade, it wasn't after starving for a month... it was after a training section:

The lightsaber whirls in the air, twirling, held in my Master's hand. I can't track it, it moves so fast. But I know it's heading for me.

Lord Sidious moves faster than my eye can follow. I smell heat and smoke. The laser traces the outline of my body, my face, my hands. The buzz is loud in my ear. One flinch, one involuntary twitch of a muscle, and I am dead.

I do not flinch.

At last, Lord Sidious deactivates my weapon. He tosses it toward me. The sweat on my palm almost causes me to drop it.

-Episode I Journal: Darth Maul

I see we've been talking about separate events. A simple misunderstanding. This also occurs in the quote I supplied. Either way, who cares? It was Maul still as a mere apprentice. When did this training session occur? How fast was Maul at that point? Even if he was fast, the quote indicates that he was exhausted. He was sweaty enough to drop his lightsaber. Clearly he was not in peak condition.

Is it not obvious that, when a planet feels strong with the dark side, that it is a nexus?

It wasn't the whole planet, it simply the cells of the Stone Prison. Bane simply says that the dark side was strong there because of the suffering that had taken place in the prison. Which is why its ridiculous to think its a nexus. If a nexus popped up everywhere a few people died the universe would be drowning in nexuses.

That has nothing to do with it. We know for a fact that DoE Bane is slower than once. She never imagined him to be as fast because he'd held back in his training sessions... is that so hard to grasp?

The quote is that 'He was faster than she could ever have imagined.'

Do you know what the word 'ever' means?

haha. Maul has moved ''easily five times faster'' than a normal human: Bane moving twice as fast as a human is not as impressive, neither is his other feats you mentioned.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I did not say he was that fast, I said he was at least that fast. I was severely lowballing to make a point.

Again, nexus and with double the blades, both increasing the amount of afterimages he'd make.

Indeed. But Kas'im's feat is still superior in my eyes.

Anakin is faster than Dooku, and Yoda is faster than Anakin. By much? No, but it's still a difference.

Being faster than Anakin puts Yoda tiers above Bane in terms of speed.

When you assume you make an ass out of u and me.

Okay, but you know you're essentially arguing that Yodas faster than Anakin to the point where he wouldn't even be able to see him, and that Anakin is faster than Dooku, who was able to duel Yoda closely enough to avoid capture and exhaust Yoda. Riiiiight? Thats what this all adds up to.

I didn't say that Bane was faster than Zonikan. Regular Anakin I would say that he is though.

And 'tiers'? **** me, you really lowball Bane don't you?

Answer honestly: do you really think Maul produced ten thousands of lunges in his fight in TPM? Against Anoon Bondara or his apprentice?

No, but you're being incredibly vague about how 'short' this training session was so theres no actuial comparison here.

What exactly is your point here?

Might have missed your point. You just said she had impressive defensive qualities.

I just quoted myself where I said she was 'extremely swift'. And I just did it again! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!!!

Except we know nothing of Bane's power inbetween DoE and RoT and it'd be ridiculous for Karpyshan to refer to such a period because of just that: our lack of knowledge of it.

Well Karpyshan's a fairly crappy writer so I wouldn't put it passed him. It just says that he's slower. ~End of discussion.~

Except Bane isn't a better duelist than Maul. Bane lost to Kas'im, was winning against Zannah and, if I recall so, was losing against the Jedi in RoT. Maul has beaten Jinn, Bondara, Kenobi, Bondara's padawan (forgot name) and random Jedi in Sith Hunters.

Bane lost because of a specific weakness he has that Maul isn't going to exploit. He was winning until then and wasn't as his best. He wasn't losing to them and they were under Battle Meditation AND were impressive Jedi Masters in their own right (Farfalla defeat Sith Lord Kopecz in a lightsaber duel, who was fast enough to kill an entire squad of the Republics best before they could fire more than once and Raskta Lsu killed more Sith Lords than the Thought Bomb, was likened to Kas'im in terms of skill, was verbally fellated by the narration and dual wielded, which is Banes weakness).

They're comparable in terms of skill in my books, but Bane definitely is more powerful and faster than Maul, as well as being bigger and stronger.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 04:42 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Seems like some kind of tap into potential.

Zannah is more powerful than Maul, yes. But she'd actualized her power by DoE so you can hardly argue that she's not be able to replicate it. She's the Dark Lord of the Sith by the end.

The common conclusion os made by Obi-Wan fanboys who ignore context of their fights. Really, Maul has already defeated him in Season 4 final and then fought him equally (while not ready and holding back) in Season 5.

And the fact that he had Savage Oppress fighting with him more than makes up for him 'not being ready'. Really anyone who loses in a two on one fight and then complains that they were disadvantaged is a ****ing pussy. laughing

Yeah, no. Maul has survived a month fighting assassin droids with no food or water, still being strong enough to attempt defeating Sidious afterwards.

Which isn't an example of combat endurance. It doesn't mean that he wouldn't get sloppy and leave himself open to counter attacks from Zannah. Like he did when he was fleeing with Savage for example.

So? I could and do feel the same about Bane's feat. Same thing goes.

Also, the majority of Maul's speed-feats comes from his journal, but I tend to ignore this one:

They are no match for me. They chase me, shaking their gaderffii sticks, but they cannot catch me. I am a streak of darkness, faster than light.

Except that Bane's feat is nowhere near as ridiculous. You're comparing catching raindrops to LIGHTSPEED. Do you know how fast LIGHT is? There is no comparison.

Banes feat was something like mach 2. Light speed is mach 880991.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jul 10th, 2013 at 04:48 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Lol, thats from Harths collection of darkside artifacts. That it reminds her of Force crystals should have been a clue for you:

'She tested the door and was surprised when it opened easily. Obviously, Set was confident in his privacy-but then, he no doubt had never suspected that a Sith might come to visit. Stepping into the room, she found it small and plain next to the rest of the mansion. There were no works of art, and the only furnishing was a display case set against the back wall a few meters away. By the light of her glow lamp, she could see an array of jewelry carefully arranged in the display case: rings, necklaces, amulets, and even crowns, all imbued with the power of the dark side.'

Its not a nexus and besides that they don't even fight there, but in Harths lounge.

Fair enough.

You're a funny man. Even without a nexus Banes lightning is powerful enough to incinerate beings and disintegrate stone. Even weakened by Cognus and stunned it can disintegrate a tangle net and he can block a half dozen concussion grenades. Fast enough to block every rain drop in a howling storm for 20 minutes. Powerful enough to dominate and crush Sith Lords like paper.

Zannah has succesfully caught his lightning with her saber, I don't see why Maul would be different. Besides, being a Zabrak, he can tolerate high amounts of pain.

So? Maul is powerful enough to end his fight against Obi-Wan by hurling into a wall so hard it collapsed the ceiling and he literally chokes the life out of him in the TCW comic.

Do you really believe he's so much less powerful in DoE that he went from easily being above Maul (in RoT) to not having shit on him?

Feats indicate that. Bane is, at best, equal to Maul in terms of power. Bane muses in DoE that he'd been a smoking husk five years later.

A 'fraction', yes. Not exactly a huge amount is it? Even if he is, he's still faster than Maul.

But he's not slower than he was in RoT.

I don't see how he is faster than Maul when concerning combat-speed.

Yes he is.

Eh, non-canon. Obi-Wan reaches Dooku in the movie, who takes him out while parrying him, not by being faster than him.

Nah, Dooku was just faster.

Interesting. So Obi-Wan was quicker than Qui-Gon even as of TMP? That certainly doesn't look good for Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon is still quite fast.

Also, Maul is faster than Jinn.

I see we've been talking about separate events. A simple misunderstanding. This also occurs in the quote I supplied. Either way, who cares? It was Maul still as a mere apprentice. When did this training session occur? How fast was Maul at that point? Even if he was fast, the quote indicates that he was exhausted. He was sweaty enough to drop his lightsaber. Clearly he was not in peak condition.

At this point of time, Maul moves in the time it takes for an onlooker to blink, moves in a blur, moves so fast that an eyelooker would not be able to tell which of his blows came first, and then did the session in which he threw ten thousands of lunges. At this point, he's trained so much that he knows each of his moves ''intimately'', without ''making a mistake of misstep in years'', doing the maneuvers hundred times a day as his basic exercises. He's hardly a weakling at this point.

As for your second point, it was Sidious fighting so fast that made his blade hot that made Maul sweat.

It wasn't the whole planet, it simply the cells of the Stone Prison. Bane simply says that the dark side was strong there because of the suffering that had taken place in the prison. Which is why its ridiculous to think its a nexus. If a nexus popped up everywhere a few people died the universe would be drowning in nexuses.

Nah, obviously something horrible had happened, like Vjun and the cave at Dagobah.

Once again he could feel the power of the dark side. It was strong in this place; the misery and suffering of centuries hung in the air here. Bane could almost hear the screams of all the countless victims still echoing off the walls.

-Dynasty of Evil

The quote is that 'He was faster than she could ever have imagined.'

Do you know what the word 'ever' means?

It amuses me that you can't properly comprehend your own citation.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I did not say he was that fast, I said he was at least that fast. I was severely lowballing to make a point.

Where did you get the idea of Bane moving faster than a human.

Indeed. But Kas'im's feat is still superior in my eyes.

lol

Okay, but you know you're essentially arguing that Yodas faster than Anakin to the point where he wouldn't even be able to see him, and that Anakin is faster than Dooku, who was able to duel Yoda closely enough to avoid capture and exhaust Yoda. Riiiiight? Thats what this all adds up to.

You're making the gap between Dooku and Anakin and Anakin and Yoda bigger than it actually is.

I didn't say that Bane was faster than Zonikan. Regular Anakin I would say that he is though.

Really? That Dooku could only see multiple afterimages of Anakin's blade is definitely above anything Bane has done.

And 'tiers'? **** me, you really lowball Bane don't you?

No.

No, but you're being incredibly vague about how 'short' this training session was so theres no actuial comparison here.

He does his basic exercise hundred times a day, and that's only his ''BASIC'' excersie which would mean he'd still have time for other activities.

What exactly is your point here?

That combat-speed =/= speed shown in training

I just quoted myself where I said she was 'extremely swift'. And I just did it again! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!!!

I'm completely lost.

Well Karpyshan's a fairly crappy writer so I wouldn't put it passed him. It just says that he's slower. ~End of discussion.~

Karpyshan isn't that bad, and if he is, then I'd blade Bane's rain-feat on him.

They're comparable in terms of skill in my books, but Bane definitely is more powerful and faster than Maul, as well as being bigger and stronger.

They're definitely comparable in terms of skill but Maul still edges it in my opinion. He's slain Anoon Bondara easily, and his padawan and Qui-Gon muses that his skills were some of the best. He also slew Qui-Gon himself with little difficulty, and Jinn is one of the best in the order. He's regarded as one of the most skilled and most highly trained Sith in history. Seems superior to Bane.

We've been over the speed-thing. Stronger? Maybe, but again, Maul's legs seemed to nullify Opress' strength completely, and he is quite strong in his own right having shattered a door with a punch so it'd be almost negligible. Maul's telekinetic feats exceed's Bane's.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zannah is more powerful than Maul, yes. But she'd actualized her power by DoE so you can hardly argue that she's not be able to replicate it. She's the Dark Lord of the Sith by the end.

It's not my job to prove a negative.

And the fact that he had Savage Oppress fighting with him more than makes up for him 'not being ready'. Really anyone who loses in a two on one fight and then complains that they were disadvantaged is a ****ing pussy. laughing

No. Maul wasn't ready, was holding back and was hindered by the size of the cave they fought it.

Which isn't an example of combat endurance. It doesn't mean that he wouldn't get sloppy and leave himself open to counter attacks from Zannah. Like he did when he was fleeing with Savage for example.

I was more trying to make a point that she wouldn't outlast him.

Unless we're scripting the fight, Maul is not gonna get sloppy. Sidious explictly says in Maul's journal that he had taught him not to be underestimating his enemies, and Maul worked on developing his tactical abilities anyways.

Except that Bane's feat is nowhere near as ridiculous. You're comparing catching raindrops to LIGHTSPEED. Do you know how fast LIGHT is? There is no comparison.

Banes feat was something like mach 2. Light speed is mach 880991.

No, but his feat is ridiculous in comparison to his other ones. One showing does not outweigh the average.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 05:37 PM
juggerman

Unless we're scripting the fight, Maul is not gonna get sloppy. Sidious explictly says in Maul's journal that he had taught him not to be underestimating his enemies, and Maul worked on developing his tactical abilities anyways.

Didn't he underestimate Obi-Wan?

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 06:55 PM
Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was enjoying his triumph.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 07:00 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He underestimates Anoon and his apprentice as well. It almost gets him killed. In fact, that book really makes him come off as an arrogant twit, perfectly setting up his defeat through sheer incompetence in TMP.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 07:51 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sidious said it was because Maul felt such a job was ''beneath his skills''. I might remember incorrectly though.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 08:05 PM
The_Tempest

So it isn't actually fact that Palpatine erased those peoples minds huh? Apparantly its not even likely. Interesting that Gideon never mentioned that whenever he brought the feat up.

Probably because that wasn't the source Gideon was using when he referenced that feat.

(please log in to view the image)

The poor sap's been gone for almost 3 years now and he's still a step ahead of you. That's embarrassing.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2013 12:22 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2013 12:34 AM
The_Tempest

Old Post Jul 11th, 2013 12:36 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Zannah has succesfully caught his lightning with her saber, I don't see why Maul would be different. Besides, being a Zabrak, he can tolerate high amounts of pain.

So? Maul is powerful enough to end his fight against Obi-Wan by hurling into a wall so hard it collapsed the ceiling and he literally chokes the life out of him in the TCW comic.

Indeed, because Mauls displayed the ability to do that when he blocked lightning against.....

Also, lmao. Yes, since he's a Zabrak he can surely tolerate being disintegrated. I R GUD At SCIENCE.

Yes, thats totally the same thing as what I said. Because we all know how impressive Obi-Wan is with TK. Remember when he.......

Obi-Wan has also been overpowered by Savage and Ventress. Are they more powerful than Bane as well?

(which comic?)

Feats indicate that. Bane is, at best, equal to Maul in terms of power. Bane muses in DoE that he'd been a smoking husk five years later.

Bane was becoming enfeebled from the effects of the orbalisks and age. His power is not mentioned as being diminished however. That he is 'less impressive' in your eyes (despite him performing many of the same feats) does not mean that he was weaker. It seemly means that he didn't display his power to the same level. That in itself does not equal being weaker.

The text at no point mentions his powers being weaker. This is pure, unsupported speculation. Give me a shred of evidence that his power was weaker or drop the point.

I don't see how he is faster than Maul when concerning combat-speed.

Yes he is.

And I don't see how Maul approaches him.

Show me some evidence of that.

Nah, Dooku was just faster.

Qui-Gon is still quite fast.

Also, Maul is faster than Jinn.

Ooh, 'quite fast' huh? Yes, I can recall that highly hyperbolic statement you had about him. Pretty neeeeat!

He didn't seem to be that much faster than him. He needed to stun him first to get passed his guard.

At this point of time, Maul moves in the time it takes for an onlooker to blink, moves in a blur, moves so fast that an eyelooker would not be able to tell which of his blows came first, and then did the session in which he threw ten thousands of lunges. At this point, he's trained so much that he knows each of his moves ''intimately'', without ''making a mistake of misstep in years'', doing the maneuvers hundred times a day as his basic exercises. He's hardly a weakling at this point.

As for your second point, it was Sidious fighting so fast that made his blade hot that made Maul sweat.

None of that is as impressive as Bane's feats. In particular his 'moves so fast that an eyelooker would not be able to tell which of his blows came first' accolade barely matches up with Bane considering Bane appeared to wield 12 lightsabers at once well eclipses this.

Incorrect, that isn't mentioned in the text and you just made that up there. no expression

Nah, obviously something horrible had happened, like Vjun and the cave at Dagobah.

Once again he could feel the power of the dark side. It was strong in this place; the misery and suffering of centuries hung in the air here. Bane could almost hear the screams of all the countless victims still echoing off the walls.

-Dynasty of Evil
[/b][/quote]

Er, Vjun had the entire planet go insane and massacred each other to form the nexus. And Dagobah had a Dark Jedi's energy infect. Neither are really comparable to a simple prison.

It amuses me that you can't properly comprehend your own citation.

Such a compelling argument. My point stands. Bane was moving faster than Zannah could 'ever' have imagined. Meaning he was faster than in RoT.

Where did you get the idea of Bane moving faster than a human.

no expression

Bane was beating Kas'im you know.

You're making the gap between Dooku and Anakin and Anakin and Yoda bigger than it actually is.

If Anakin is really so inferior to Sidious that he can't even see him when fighting and Yoda is Sidious' equal, then that would seem to be the logical gap would it not?

Really? That Dooku could only see multiple afterimages of Anakin's blade is definitely above anything Bane has done.

Firstly, If you're talking about that 'Skywalker was everywhere' quote, thats hyperbole and doesn't actually indicate that he was seeing afterimages.

Secondly, Dooku was still blocking Anakin and its not mentioned that he's having any trouble with his speed or keeping up with him.

Thirdly, I didn't say that Bane could beat Zonakin, nor that he was faster than him. I said that Anakin wouldn't stomp him.

Fourthly, considering Dooku was blocking him, I fail to see how it is definitely above Bane or that its fast enough for him not to defend against it. Don't tell me, you think Dooku's faster than Bane as well.

And no it isn't.

No.

According to you Darth Bane is only as powerful as Maul, and several tiers below Yoda. Thats the lowest I've seen anyone rate Bane.

He does his basic exercise hundred times a day, and that's only his ''BASIC'' excersie which would mean he'd still have time for other activities.

Too indefinite to use as a feat. Futhermore, he could simply have been on a planet that has 80 hour days.

That combat-speed =/= speed shown in training

Except that it obviously does. Just because they're not throwing the same amount of attacks doesn't mean they're not moving as fast.

I'm completely lost.

We agree for once.

They're definitely comparable in terms of skill but Maul still edges it in my opinion. He's slain Anoon Bondara easily, and his padawan and Qui-Gon muses that his skills were some of the best. He also slew Qui-Gon himself with little difficulty, and Jinn is one of the best in the order. He's regarded as one of the most skilled and most highly trained Sith in history. Seems superior to Bane.

We've been over the speed-thing. Stronger? Maybe, but again, Maul's legs seemed to nullify Opress' strength completely, and he is quite strong in his own right having shattered a door with a punch so it'd be almost negligible. Maul's telekinetic feats exceed's Bane's.

Bane has also fought with extremely skilled opponents. And unlike Anoon and Qui-Gon they have things to back up their supposed elite status. Kas'im and Raskta actually have feats which make Bane dueling them impressive.

Why would Maul's legs nullify strength? erm Legs have nothing to do with blocking something with your arms.

Mauls feats do not exceed Bane's. no expression

It's not my job to prove a negative.

Did I ask you to?

No. Maul wasn't ready, was holding back and was hindered by the size of the cave they fought it.

How exactly wasn't Maul ready? There wasn't anything affecting him. And all these amazingly potent disadvantages are highly offset by Savages presence. The fact that he lost is nothing short of an embarrassment and no handwaving up some pitiful disadvantages for him can change that.

I was more trying to make a point that she wouldn't outlast him.

Except she will. And I know. But as I pointed out, your point had nothing to do with combat endurance. Maul didn't fight for a month straight, he just survived.

Which explains how he died from underestimating his opponent. And how he almost died twice in Shadow Hunter for.... underestimating his opponent. And how he had to run from Kenobi in Revival because he underestimated him. And how he lost to Darth Vader by underestimating him.

But I was talking about him getting sloppy from tiredness. Which is Zannahs whole strategy.

Although personally the fact that he had to run from assassin droids is pretty pathetic. You just know Bane would have vaporised the lot on the first day.

No, but his feat is ridiculous in comparison to his other ones. One showing does not outweigh the average.

It actually isn't that far off. Being able to move fast enough to appear to have 12 lightsabers from a powerful Force users perspective isn't that far below being able to block rain. If at all.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 12:57 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by The_Tempest
The entire excerpt of their excursion on Dromund Kaas indicates that they feel emanations from the nexus whenever they draw on the Force. Even passively. Luke mentions the Sith are being reinforced by its energy during the battle and they experience weakness without choosing to.

Occam's Razor dictates that the simplest explanation be our starting point. A nexus is simply a localization of Force energy. Ergo, when one draws on the Force in such an area it stands to reason that Force user's abilities are heightened. Your insistence that the dark side in a dark side nexus must be tapped into with effort by a dark sider has no basis when it's effects are noted as involuntary otherwise.

That there is any reason at all to believe the feats were performed with aid from a nexus is reason enough to disqualify them.

Exceptions can't be made simply because you like Bane.

I checked and I didn't see anything mentioning emanations whenever they draw on the Force. Also Luke doesn't mention that, its part of the narration from Ben's perspective.

Occam's Razor only works if you can agree on the most likely explanation. I do not agree with yours, therefor its pointless to bring it up. A nexus might be a localization of Force energy, but More Force doesn't equal More Power necessarily. The ability to command greater amounts of Force equal More Power. A persons ability to manipulate the Force is dictated by their amount of midi-chlorians (as well as other factors). Without actually accessing a Force Nexus, your ability to manipulate the Force would stay the same. Like if I was picking up water in a bucket. My bucket doesn't get bigger just because theres more water around. I need to actually buy a new bucket or something.

Bullshit. You speculating that they might be drawing on the nexus means nothing. The mere presence of a nexus disqualifies ****all.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 01:26 AM
The_Tempest

They sense the dark side radiating from the nexus whenever they draw on the Force.

It was Luke's perspective.

Your middle paragraph is moronic. No one said they're drawing on their own powers, they'd be drawing on borrowed power from the nexus in question.

I've already provided evidence of a nexus's effects being immediate. You haven't provided evidence of the reverse. What's more, you're only objecting because it diminishes Bane in your eyes. Your bias might be tolerable if you could craft a decent argument to support it, but all you've really said is "Waaah, waaah but Bane isn't as awesome if he was using the nexus!"

At best, it's nebulous; feats performed on a Force nexus cannot be logically said to be part of a character's standard array of feats, no matter who they are or how much you like them.

I'm officially bored with you and this subject, Neph. You've failed me and Bane... yet again.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 02:38 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed, because Mauls displayed the ability to do that when he blocked lightning against.....

Also, lmao. Yes, since he's a Zabrak he can surely tolerate being disintegrated. I R GUD At SCIENCE.

Sure thing, because disintegrating stone on a nexus (was it in the prison?) is the same thing as disintegrating a highly pain-tolerable Force sensitive Zabrak.

Yes, thats totally the same thing as what I said. Because we all know how impressive Obi-Wan is with TK. Remember when he.......

Obi-Wan has also been overpowered by Savage and Ventress. Are they more powerful than Bane as well?

Obi-Wan matched Anakin's Force push, and Anakin blew a door open by throwing a decently big slab of stone on it.

And I've seen pictures of Obi-Wan moving Durge's ship.

(which comic?)

The Sith Hunters one with Maul and Savage. They meet Obi-Wan, Maul chokes Kenobi who is helpless, more Jedi arrive, the brothers escape.

Bane was becoming enfeebled from the effects of the orbalisks and age. His power is not mentioned as being diminished however. That he is 'less impressive' in your eyes (despite him performing many of the same feats) does not mean that he was weaker. It seemly means that he didn't display his power to the same level. That in itself does not equal being weaker.

[QUOTE=14384614]Originally posted by Nephthys
The text at no point mentions his powers being weaker. This is pure, unsupported speculation. Give me a shred of evidence that his power was weaker or drop the point.

Zannah specifically says ''You've become weak'', and Bane says that his age has ''robbed him of his power''.

Also, a big LOL at this:

That he is 'less impressive' in your eyes (despite him performing many of the same feats) does not mean that he was weaker. It seemly means that he didn't display his power to the same level.

I see no reason for why RoT-Bane's feats should be applied to DoE-Bane, that's ridiculous.

And I don't see how Maul approaches him.

Show me some evidence of that.

When has Bane ever been mentioned as faster than his opponent?

I'm not aware of such.

Also, Maul sees a needle which by default is almost too fast to see, in slow motion:

Rapier lunged at full extension, its metal knee joint bent almost to the floor. The needle point flickered toward Maul's heart, almost too fast to see.

The dark side blossomed in Darth Maul, the power of it resonating in him like black lightning, augmenting his years of training, guiding his reactions. Time seemed to slow, to stretch.

It would have been easy to chop the blade itself in half, as few metals could resist the frictionless edge of a lightsaber. But there was no challenge to that. Maul spun toward the point, twisted around the outside, and snapped his hands horizontally at chest level. The left blade of the lightsaber sheared through Rapier's sword arm. Both arm and weapon clattered to the floor.

-Shadow Hunter

[b](please log in to view the image)

lol stick out tongue

Ooh, 'quite fast' huh? Yes, I can recall that highly hyperbolic statement you had about him. Pretty neeeeat!

What one?

He didn't seem to be that much faster than him. He needed to stun him first to get passed his guard.

Stun him?

As per TPM novelization, Maul was ''gaining ground rapidly'' when they met on Tatooine, but Jinn kept up well.

None of that is as impressive as Bane's feats. In particular his 'moves so fast that an eyelooker would not be able to tell which of his blows came first' accolade barely matches up with Bane considering Bane appeared to wield 12 lightsabers at once well eclipses this.

If you can't properly evaluate the difference between orbalisk Bane and DoE Bane, I see no reason to further this discussion.

Incorrect, that isn't mentioned in the text and you just made that up there. no expression

LOL

Maul doesn't break a sweat after lunging and running over ten thousands of times, you think he sweats after killing assassin droids?

Given that he could only ''smell heat and smoke'', it should be quite obvious.

Er, Vjun had the entire planet go insane and massacred each other to form the nexus. And Dagobah had a Dark Jedi's energy infect. Neither are really comparable to a simple prison.

Why not?

''Missery and suffering for centuries...''

Such a compelling argument. My point stands. Bane was moving faster than Zannah could 'ever' have imagined. Meaning he was faster than in RoT.

It doesn't. It means faster than at one point, not specifically RoT.

Bane was beating Kas'im you know.

By being faster?

If Anakin is really so inferior to Sidious that he can't even see him when fighting and Yoda is Sidious' equal, then that would seem to be the logical gap would it not?

Firstly, If you're talking about that 'Skywalker was everywhere' quote, thats hyperbole and doesn't actually indicate that he was seeing afterimages.

This one:

That blue blade was everywhere, flashing and whirling faster and faster until Dooku saw the room through an electric haze...

Secondly, Dooku was still blocking Anakin and its not mentioned that he's having any trouble with his speed or keeping up with him.

So what? Dooku was blocking Yoda too. Want to say he didn't have trouble with Yoda's speed?

Thirdly, I didn't say that Bane could beat Zonakin, nor that he was faster than him. I said that Anakin wouldn't stomp him.

This has nothing to do with the point.

Fourthly, considering Dooku was blocking him, I fail to see how it is definitely above Bane or that its fast enough for him not to defend against it. Don't tell me, you think Dooku's faster than Bane as well.

Sure, and I never said that Bane wasn't fast enough to defend against it.

And no it isn't.

lol

According to you Darth Bane is only as powerful as Maul, and several tiers below Yoda. Thats the lowest I've seen anyone rate Bane.

Not sure why you say ''only'' as powerful as Maul.

And it's not my problem that Bane is severely overrated.

Too indefinite to use as a feat. Futhermore, he could simply have been on a planet that has 80 hour days.

Now you're making up something that hasn't been stated because you don't like the feat.

For the matter, this line is right before he began the training:

My Master has called me to Coruscant, to a secret place where I remain hidden, waiting for him to summon me.

Except that it obviously does. Just because they're not throwing the same amount of attacks doesn't mean they're not moving as fast.

Yeah, because Maul held back against the fight of his life. thumb up

Bane has also fought with extremely skilled opponents. And unlike Anoon and Qui-Gon they have things to back up their supposed elite status. Kas'im and Raskta actually have feats which make Bane dueling them impressive.

Kindly tell me Kas'im's feats.

Why would Maul's legs nullify strength? erm Legs have nothing to do with blocking something with your arms.

Metal legs?

We can say that Maul is that strong by default too, I don't mind.

Mauls feats do not exceed Bane's. no expression

Sure they do. More impressive accolades, more training, defeated more skilled opponents, shown more telekinetic raw power...

How exactly wasn't Maul ready? There wasn't anything affecting him.

He said he wasn't ready as we saw Obi-Wan's ship in the sky.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 11:23 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

And all these amazingly potent disadvantages are highly offset by Savages presence. The fact that he lost is nothing short of an embarrassment and no handwaving up some pitiful disadvantages for him can change that.

Yeah, except Savage also was hindered.

There's a reason why Kenobi has never beaten Maul.

Except she will. And I know. But as I pointed out, your point had nothing to do with combat endurance. Maul didn't fight for a month straight, he just survived.

Then please show that Zannah's stamina is superior to Maul's.

Which explains how he died from underestimating his opponent. And how he almost died twice in Shadow Hunter for.... underestimating his opponent. And how he had to run from Kenobi in Revival because he underestimated him. And how he lost to Darth Vader by underestimating him.

>What opponent? If you mean Obi-Wan in TPM, that owes to PIS as much as it does Maul's arrogance.
>I don't remember Maul underestimating Bondara or Assant. Quote?
>He didn't underestimate Kenobi in Revival?
>He never underestimated Vader, he was actually swinging his saber down at Vader as he got stabbed.

But I was talking about him getting sloppy from tiredness. Which is Zannahs whole strategy.

Again, prove that her stamina is superior to Maul's.

You're acting as if the fight is gonna plat out by Zannah defending herself against his attack without tiring before he does.

Although personally the fact that he had to run from assassin droids is pretty pathetic. You just know Bane would have vaporised the lot on the first day.

What? When Maul was fresh, he crushed the assassin droids.

It actually isn't that far off. Being able to move fast enough to appear to have 12 lightsabers from a powerful Force users perspective isn't that far below being able to block rain. If at all.

Again, orbalisk-Bane.

It's an outlier in terms of what DoE Bane is capable of.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 11:25 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure, but such gap doesn't mean they they can't fight them.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 12:34 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It kind of freaking does.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 12:40 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mace saw Sidious as a blur yet fought him. Dooku saw afterimages of Anakin yet fought him. Anakin's a level 9 duelist yet can't see Sidious, and you're not gonna get blitzed by someone in the same tier. Mace can compete with Sidious according to Lucas, yet he saw him as a blur.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 12:44 PM