KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dredd (2012)

Dredd (2012)
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Watched Dredd again for the 4th time a few months ago, it's still entertaining.

Hoping Deadpool's total non-flop mega-success at what a small budget, R-rating and clever marketing can earn, revitalize the studios interest in doing a Dredd 2 with Urban.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 06:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard

Hoping Deadpool's total non-flop mega-success at what a small budget, R-rating and clever marketing can earn, revitalize the studios interest in doing a Dredd 2 with Urban.

Yeah but people can be really stupid. For instance the guy who had no faith in Deadpool being a hit by following the Marvel source material so closely. He obviously had no faith in Marvel's source material.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 07:14 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Robtard
Watched Dredd again for the 4th time a few months ago, it's still entertaining.

Yeah, it doesn't get old for me either. I've seen it 3 or 4 times now, too.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Urban slams the films marketing team

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...rketing-failure

A Netflix series would actually probably be better than another movie. It would really flesh things out. That would kick ass. Here's to hoping. The marketing was terrible, he's right. I didn't see it in the theater because the ads misled me. It was advertised as a lame 3D gimmick, like Piranha 3D or some shit. Instead of calling the film "Dredd 3D" they should have called it "Dredd" and said, "see it in 3D" or whatnot...

...but actually on the blu-ray release I don't find the 3D to be all that great. The film is great without it.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 11:17 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The Sylvester Stallone Dredd is a guilty pleasure for the things it does make entertaining, while being basically a parody of the comics...

But yeah, would still prefer a Netflix series over another movie. It's one thing for Deadpool to be that successful as an R-rated movie because he's Deadpool, but Dredd is rather niche in comparison. I'm not sure a change in marketing would make him that much more successful at the cinema.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:12 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
But yeah, would still prefer a Netflix series over another movie. It's one thing for Deadpool to be that successful as an R-rated movie because he's Deadpool...

See I much prefer the dry wit of Judge Dredd to the over-the-top trying-too-hard humor of Deadpool, but that's just me. Dredd had a much more interesting premise than Deadpool, too. That's not even a contest. That's the reason I'm a little annoyed that Deadpool was such a huge success: it shows that movie goers don't give a shit about a decent story.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
...but Dredd is rather niche in comparison. I'm not sure a change in marketing would make him that much more successful at the cinema.

Good point. Sad, but probably true. But I bet it could make a killing on Netflix in much the same way that Daredevil has.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 10:49 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Karl Urban Confirms ‘Dredd 2′ Is In Development

http://sciencefiction.com/2016/06/2...-judge-dredd-2/

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 01:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

F#ck yeah. Once written I have faith that someone worthy (like Netflix, I hope) will pick it up.

Honestly, I think I'd rather see a Netflix TV series than a movie because there is more room for story and character development.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 01:59 AM
Darth Thor

It's bound to be for Netflix

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 06:02 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Heard Dredd 2 is a go yesterday. Very happy with this news!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 10:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hooray for inaccurate reporting from Denver Comic Con

quote:
Update from Karl Urban himself: "Unfortunately a sequel is no closer to happening , options have been discussed but there is no sequel in " development "

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 12:52 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Frak.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 01:03 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Darth Thor
It's bound to be for Netflix

I hope so. This property is way too good to let fade off.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 11:49 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

the fu#k

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:25 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 08:42 PM
Flyattractor

I still say we should lay a LARGE Chunk of the Blame for Dredd flopping on the Ass Hatted Populace that were to ignorant to give this movie a chance, nut just blame "the Studios".

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 05:44 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Thing with the Populace these days when it comes to Comic book adaptations, If its not a Marvel or DC property people hardly go near it

i'm surprised Kingsman: The Secret Service even did good.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 06:20 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Kazenji
Thing with the Populace these days when it comes to Comic book adaptations, If its not a Marvel or DC property people hardly go near it

i'm surprised Kingsman: The Secret Service even did good.

That was bombing at first wasn't it? Where did it get saved?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 06:25 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

To be fair, though, Dredd was marketed poorly. They seemed to emphasize the "3D" as to make it seem like some gimmick. And people probably couldn't help but associate it with the Stallone Dredd film.

But yeah, I think it's fair to blame the populace, too. Because if it doesn't have a big name like the over-rated Tom Cruise or (like Kaz pointed out) a Marvel or DC association people will largely overlook it.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 12:08 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Still a painful pill to swallow five years later, but yeah. Think maybe Dredd could have done better if released a year or so later, since 2012 had the Avengers when Marvel reached its first real peak in hype, and DC still had Nolan with Dark Knight Rises during that year. IDK but with some of the turds we later got after that (particularly on WB/DC's end until Wonder Woman), I like to think Dredd would've had something of a better chance standing out on its own to people than 2012 when it didn't have a chance to do so because of Avengers hype and shit. Then again, the said ignorance of the populace may have remained the same no matter what year Dredd came out.

That last posted link is good looking news and all, but with how news progress on a Dredd continuation has been rather flippant or gone back and forth, still not getting my hopes up yet, though anything pointing toward Karl Urban still involved is definitely a good sign.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 06:23 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Oh Please let this happen and please don't let themn F%(#*^!
this UP!

That and lets hope that Disney pulling out of Netflix don't F this deal up to.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 07:34 PM