KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Curryman's Tourney Amalgams/Matchups!

Curryman's Tourney Amalgams/Matchups!
Started by: curryman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by curryman
The first 2 matches will remain as they are, but I will agree with randomizing the other ones smile
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Err any reason why?
still waaiiiting

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 05:45 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Does anyone have a site where I can just type in the names and it does all the work for me?
do it all the same way; be totally legit with the randomization, please. doing it that way is fair to EVERYONE

Last edited by psycho gundam on Jul 14th, 2013 at 06:06 AM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 06:04 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Okay, heading out to get some food.

Get me a site and I'll post the new matchups smile

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 06:16 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Okay, heading out to get some food.

Get me a site and I'll post the new matchups smile

http://www.random.org/lists/

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 06:42 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

i named my character Xama in one of the other threads a while ago. not "old man Justice". It means shaman. in case it matters my theme song was also two steps behind

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 07:01 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

do it all the same way; be totally legit with the randomization, please. doing it that way is fair to EVERYONE

Randomizing it all now.

Give me a few minutes to fix it in paint smile

Updated Bracket! (fully randomized)

Last edited by curryman on Jul 14th, 2013 at 08:25 AM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 08:18 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

For some reason I'm laughing my ass off.
A full metal team in the 1st round and a TP catfight in the second onesmile)

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 08:39 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

so just to be clear psycho has
machine man's body
Tony Stark's mind and gear
Northstar's power

???

also where does the battle take place?
conditions ( populated, time, area, is BFR allowed etc)

I'll start preparing a write up later tonight but need to know at least where we'll be fighting and starting distance etc to adjust my plan accordingly

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 09:48 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

It should be pretty clear what his amalgam consists of at this point.

bfr off

And as I mentioned earlier, there is a huge dome/forcefield surrounding the battlefield. If you go through one end then you appear out the other. The combatants do not know this

Psycho vs Beatboks takes place in Bristol, UK, at noon.

Charlotte vs Tijay takes place in Sapporo, Japan in the evening.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 10:23 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

It should be pretty clear what his amalgam consists of at this point.

bfr off

And as I mentioned earlier, there is a huge dome/forcefield surrounding the battlefield. If you go through one end then you appear out the other. The combatants do not know this

Psycho vs Beatboks takes place in Bristol, UK, at noon.

Charlotte vs Tijay takes place in Sapporo, Japan in the evening.

Well, pardon me. I just finished a 12 hr work day after 5 hrs sleep and was reading it on an iphone mounted on a phone mount on my cars dashboard while stopped at lights.

I couldnt work out the abbreviations on match up thread. In all honesty when I first read it I thought it was only two characters. It's only after I scanned throught the draft threads three times each that I guessed it was who I said in the last post, because all i was certain of was northstar.

Also haven't see any mention of anything other than the 10 minute break I had earlier today and a quick scan through.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 10:44 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

So my first match is one of the most experienced tourney vets? Cool.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 11:31 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

^ But at least it wasn't put that way by a sapient mind with capability of motive and emotion. There is nobody to blame IF (very important) you happen to lose, all that remains is your character choices and how you use them against your opponent's similar circumstances

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 12:59 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

@psycho Gundam. Cause your going to need it big grin
I think I have this one in the opening write up

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 01:26 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

^ But at least it wasn't put that way by a sapient mind with capability of motive and emotion. There is nobody to blame IF (very important) you happen to lose, all that remains is your character choices and how you use them against your opponent's similar circumstances

I wasn't complaining.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 01:31 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Sapporo as "the big ass jumping hills remaining from Olympics" Sapporo?
I'm doing the research on how far away those are from the city. Olympic stadiums are normally very steel-rich structures.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 01:34 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Is it too early to PM our write up to Curry. I've got mine ready now.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 01:55 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Never mind I already sent my 2 PM's to Curry ( Damn pm post limit, if I had 28 characters more it would have been three)

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 02:23 PM
curryman

It's Sapporo City and Bristol City.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 03:19 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by beatboks
@psycho Gundam. Cause your going to need it big grin
I think I have this one in the opening write up
definitely interested on what you bring to the match cause your picks are kinda confusing. good luck

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 06:33 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I hope he has something up his sleeve. I also hope the newcomers realize how far we tend to take our characters from their base levels considering the characters do not fight in character - we fight for them. Which means they can actually be smart.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 06:37 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote