KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Curry's Tournament Odds!

Curry's Tournament Odds!
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I still don't see how darwin wasn't allowed, outside of hela which was an extreme outlier, he was solidly high meta imo

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 12:04 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

My top picks are Digi, PG, Id, Charlotte, and Leo.

All of them have solid picks, and all are proven debaters. I know from personal experience that Charlotte is a mean debater, and her picks work well together, but my one concern is that it's perhaps...too predictable? PG is another good debater, and can be fairly devious. I admittedly don't know a lot about Digi as a debater, and I know little about his picks, but he has a reputation, and I always bet on mods anyway. stick out tongue Leo is Leo, and his picks are tailor made for sneaky sneakiness. Id frightens me like a faceless assassin. All I really know about him is that he can throw with the best of them, and his picks look ideal for upsets.

Aside from these guys, the people who I see as most likely to be dark horse winners (or semi-finalists/finalists) are Sin and Beatboks. Sin because she has strong picks (though I haven't seen much evidence of world-class debating skills, a quick wit at times, maybe, but that's only good for so much) and Beatboks because he has this man of mystery vibe, and his picks seem dangerously innocuous.

Good luck to all.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 12:25 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I've got a feeling psycho's going to be the guy to beat.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 12:52 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

hmmm it's always hard to judge these going off of a list of names. Things will be much more clear in hte future but I would say Leo, Digi, or PG would be my top choices.

Polaris was a great choice but I don't know if cdb will get a chance to use her to really mess with people.

Also I love the songs and after hearing ID's, I'm expecting the Honey Badger to take an ear in this tourney. If he doesn't I will deem him a failure even if he wins the whole thing.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 01:10 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by "Id"

[*]Beatbok: The Shield - The Question - Justice
[csm]mhmm[/list]

the intersting mesh part should be Justice and Vic. Justice is powered by astral/ aura energy. he can see aura's read and track.

Vic be ause of long term use if the gas that bonds his mask and it's accumulative haluinagenic effects ( like those of an Indian smoke lodge) he has walked the spirit world and taught himself base level magic. Using this he talks to the spirit's city, Planet. combining the two is going to mean i have almost insa knowledge on anything ( my 30 seconds will make me more intimately aware of my opponents than they are) and the ability to know and monitor their every move from afar. Having the astral/ aura powe should also boost my magic a little. After all knowledge is power

Combining the combat training of Vic under Richard Dragon and his ability to give Shiva a good fight with my admittedly lower 40 ton strength with speed and agility around Spidey level and durability above Luke Cage by just a touch and healing factor that is a little below Logan will mean I can still mix it physically with some of the big boys for a bit big grin

Last edited by beatboks on Jul 14th, 2013 at 01:27 AM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 01:25 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

beatboks you probably don't want to reveal too much of your strategy. It's a good thing if people don't know what you're planning because then they can't prepare for it stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 01:34 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Hush it Newjak! Please continue beatbok

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 01:46 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Hush it Newjak! Please continue beatbok
Remember take an ear or fail "Id"

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 01:54 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Newjak
Remember take an ear or fail "Id"
take an ear? Gotcha!. like how Mike Tyson did to Holyfield.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 02:13 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Darwin is low herald, not just the Hel feat. The nature of his powers and the limits shown are too great for meta.

Anyway. Favorites are easy to determine based on past experience. Doesn't mean they'll win, but past success does seem to count for a lot. New entrants have won before, but there's always a learning curve.

Omega has the right idea though. Never bet against a mod.

Leo is coasting on his reputation. Let's see what he does before anointing him.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 02:34 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

shifty

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 02:36 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

If there was an award for most ambitious picks, then it would probably go to ID.

Personally I think this tourney belongs to Psycho.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 02:43 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I feel like Leo might be the John McCain of the tourney: seems like the right choice, has a recognizable name and broad appeal, but may not make the distance.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 02:54 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by curryman
I don't even believe that, which is why it should be completely randomized

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 02:55 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

beatboks you probably don't want to reveal too much of your strategy. It's a good thing if people don't know what you're planning because then they can't prepare for it stick out tongue

the whole reason for giving up was to let people prepare.
It's always more fun in a tourney when you have to be more creative.
Or am I just trying to get people to over think things and prepare for something completely differen wink
there's no point feining in a boxing match tif it doesn't make your opponent defend somewhere else big grin

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 03:25 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by curryman
If there was an award for most ambitious picks, then it would probably go to ID.

I will enjoy convincing you otherwise. If you need proof...
Originally posted by psycho gundam
I don't even believe that

Ambitious might not be the right word, but I know what you're going for. He's going to unleash an Omega Mutant with insta-teleports not unlike Spot might be able to do in multiple locales. It will be an interesting strategy to account for.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 03:40 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

take an ear? Gotcha!. like how Mike Tyson did to Holyfield.
Like Mr. White did in Reservoir Dogs smile

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 03:43 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 04:06 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

uggg, mr. blonde

this guy

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 05:30 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Rogue + Sage? There's canon feats for that and everyone except for (redacted) is screwed.

The person's name who I redacted is who I'm thinking will take it. Hope to be surprised.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 05:47 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote