KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Curry's Tournament Odds!

Curry's Tournament Odds!
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by "Id"
And I really hope to see leo vs PG. Thats #1 match I hope gets to be done. Simply because match up really well.

sounds like boks has other ideas......

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 12:25 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Bring it, Leo

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 12:28 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by psycho gundam
all the teams are very interesting in my opinion, like i really can't wait for any of the bouts. at the end of the day the judge's opinions on what plan and/or usage of powers is what decides the victor, so i won't be placing odds on anyone, never have before.

this is very true. i have been befuddled by outcomes more times than i care to count. both those in my favor, and those that have gone against. i think the 5 post limit will help a little bit. not so much reading. i do hope the votes are explained reasonably well though. always helps knowing what the judges bought and didn't buy. and more importantly, why.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 12:28 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Bring it, Leo

lol

nice... i wonder what you'll look like AFTER boks gets finished with you....? shifty

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 12:29 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

heh. so far he has some decent pre-fight talk, but i'm pretty sure everyone is waiting to see what he cobbled together since at 1st glace 2/3 of his characters look shaky.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 12:40 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Bring it, Leo

thumb up Nice. Though, I'm still partial to this image Ambient made for me:

Originally posted by Blair Wind

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Jul 16th, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 12:45 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by leonidas
sounds like boks has other ideas......

Boks is going to double eliminate PG in the first round.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 01:38 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Digi
Odds:

Everyone's picking favorites, but odds are about bang for your buck. So, with that in mind...

Methodology: I'm basing it roughly on responses in this thread. This isn't my personal opinion, but an aggregate of others' opinions.

tijay - 50/1
Sin, Abhi, Chipguy, beatboks - 15/1
CDB, Digi - 8/1
PG - 6/1
Id - 5/1
leo - 4/1

No offense to tijay, but the guy flat-out admitted he was outmatched. Nobody's identified him as spoiler material.

Obviously I'd have myself higher, but among the opinions expressed I have yet to be identified as the outright favorite, just among the favorites.

If I were placing bets at these odds, and excluded betting on myself, I'd probably take abhilegend. He gets pigeonholed as a Superman fanboy, but has some legit debating chops. He'd be the best bargain imo at these odds.

That said, he'd also be an underdog in his match with me. Again, odds are about value and ROI, not favorites alone.

with Odds like that I'll take a cnote on myself to place at the very least. out of the 16 to 18 tourneys I've played in on sites in the last year I've only failed to make the semis in 4 and I dropped out of 2.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 02:04 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by "Id"
Boks is going to double eliminate PG in the first round.

laughing out loud

thumb up

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 02:09 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

That pic ambient made for Blair is the best in tourney history. No offense to Pg, his is cool. That IM one is just on a different level.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 02:51 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 02:57 AM
curryman

PG's picture is blowing my mind.

Two completely different styles, I wouldn't compare the pictures smile

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 02:57 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

"If you're gonna compare a Psycho Gundam amalgam, you compare it to every other amalgam ever made... that wasn't made by Psycho Gundam"

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 03:20 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I've decided to be fair I'm going to PM you the write up I sent Curry.
Just so you can come up with an adequate defense. After all everyone else will see it more than a week before I take them down

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 03:35 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

with minor edits you could have sent that in the pm subject line with the writeup if you had some juice, gutless.

you're not bout that life

Last edited by psycho gundam on Jul 16th, 2013 at 03:48 AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 03:46 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Digi
That pic ambient made for Blair is the best in tourney history. No offense to Pg, his is cool. That IM one is just on a different level.

No offense to ambient, he made a drawing using nice clean line, and very imaginative.

But I like PG pick more. than again I am a sucker for heavy contrast.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 03:47 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

@psycho Gundam. Hope that helps you mount at least some type of defense and make a debate of it big grin

I have left a few openings for you to have a come back or two. I've also prepared the locks for those doors.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 03:52 AM
curryman

Just wait until the tournament starts.

Show the process some respect.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 03:53 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Thats right Psycho. You get one week worth of counter prep, and it still wont save you from an unholy ass whopping.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 03:55 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

HOLY SHIT HE ACTUALLY SENT HIS OP TO ME!!!

either i'm sun-tzu resurrected or he's that bold....

...... GUN-TZU evil face

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 03:55 AM