KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Marvel planning to kill Wolverine in 2014?

Marvel planning to kill Wolverine in 2014?
Started by: python99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
python99

Marvel planning to kill Wolverine in 2014?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2013 04:46 PM
python99 is currently offline Click here to Send python99 a Private Message Find more posts by python99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

They'll bring him back somehow, just you wait.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2013 07:03 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

logan will return two to three months later

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 18th, 2013 03:51 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
python99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
They'll bring him back somehow, just you wait.

Yup, probably just boost sales and then bring him back.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2013 01:48 PM
python99 is currently offline Click here to Send python99 a Private Message Find more posts by python99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah, it's hard for me to get exciting when deaths are announced. Knowing the characters will be back like....3 hours later ruins it. It's one of the pains of reading mainstream comics.

I mean, if Cable's lame ass was brought back so soon...

Old Post Jul 18th, 2013 05:15 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Was it the "death of Superman" that started that trend? I remember Superman dyingbeing put in a coma by Doomsday's first appearance was what boosted sales for him again when it was declining before that.

And I like Cable.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2013 06:12 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
python99

How many profitable characters have died and actually stayed dead for an extended period of time?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2013 08:48 PM
Vensai

Marvel will never permanently off him.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Jul 19th, 2013 06:17 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by python99
How many profitable characters have died and actually stayed dead for an extended period of time?

The Barry Allen Flash was the longest - twenty five years. And Wally West became a better, more interesting Flash than he was. I still don't like how DC has benched him in the New 52 - he was the closest to a Peter Parker type at DC.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 19th, 2013 04:17 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Spider-man is dead. So is Nightcrawler. DD is gonna get murdered by Bullseye soon. Now Logan... Hell kill them all and reboot the universe while theyre at it...

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2013 10:14 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
python99

Originally posted by SamZED
Spider-man is dead. So is Nightcrawler. DD is gonna get murdered by Bullseye soon. Now Logan... Hell kill them all and reboot the universe while theyre at it...

Spiderman is not dead, Peter Parker is. Well, at least his mind anyways.

In the Ultimate , Parker is dead

Old Post Jul 20th, 2013 12:56 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Was it the "death of Superman" that started that trend? I remember Superman dyingbeing put in a coma by Doomsday's first appearance was what boosted sales for him again when it was declining before that.

And I like Cable.

Jean was dying before it was cool. She's such a hipster.

Cable died helping X-Force because he realized how much more awesome Marvel is without him.

A reboot sometimes sounds nice. I mean, some writers disregard stuff/retcon things anyway. I'd be fine with a fresh take at this point, although I used to hate the idea.

Even cooler, maybe they actually could keep all these characters dead. Make way for the new era. I'm sick of Young Avengers/New XMen/Teen Titans/sidekicks/etc getting built up as the "next generation", then pushed right back in to perpetual child mode.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jul 21st, 2013 at 04:54 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 04:48 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

The idea of Logan dying is dumb to say the least.
He'll grow back and kick some ass.

It's just a money making scheme that fools nobody but may supply an interesting tale.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 03:50 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Spider-man is dead.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 02:20 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by python99
Spiderman is not dead, Peter Parker is.
Was that correction really necessary? I think most posters figured out I was talking about Peter when I said "Spider-man is dead".

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
(please log in to view the image)
laughing
Also this is how I'm gonna picture you from now on.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 03:41 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

That's not even my final form!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 09:42 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

The only real Spidey is Ben.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 09:57 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Great, Logan gets a chanse to kick Parker`s butt in the afterlife.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2013 12:09 PM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

I get tired of the way over used wolverine in Marvel, but to kill him would be absolutely idiotic. I favor a 52 style reboot completely restarting Marvel, like dc the whole alt univ became problematic and tired, start it over all of it. Limit the number of books per team, go back to one x men title and one avengers title, you can still have x force just don't include them in the uncannny x men line up same for thew New Mutants and the X factor.
there are way too many writers over saturating and creating storyline paradox. Marvel has become a &*^% heap even though I still collect all titiles of the mutants and have since 1975.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2013 02:13 AM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So this is actually happening right now with 'Death Of Wolverine' book

and then its going to have other tie-in books, Death Of Wolverine - Weapon X & Death Of Wolverine - Logan Legacy.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 02:03 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote