KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Justice League: War

Justice League: War
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

Fools. Batman was the only standout...BATMAN!!!!!

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 06:33 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Thought it was pretty good. Think I liked Flashpoint just a little more. I like how the animation was exactly the same. Flash was basically ripped right out of flashpoint paradox.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 08:43 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The final fight was missing something, the League did maybe a bit too well. I was expecting a stompage and then Superman to step in but whatever.
That is what I wanted to see. It would have been more true to the comic, but I digress.

Anyway, I did like what they did with Darkseid's voice to make him sound more menacing/evil. If you can't get Ironside to voice him, Blum's voice+the auditory overlay they used is the next best thing, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 23rd, 2014 at 02:19 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 02:12 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

So Supes didn't step in like in the comic? Did they let him do anything worthwhile in the movie?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 02:22 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He stepped in, but he didn't really do anything of note. Although that much wasn't a whole lot different than the comic, so I didn't have an issue with it.

My main problem with the film's battle is that it seemed as though the JL had Darkseid on the ropes--like they could have won without Superman. I didn't like that. In the comic it was quite obvious that even with Superman, the JL was barely able to overcome Darkseid thanks, primarily, to luck--he steamrolled their shit for the most part. THAT was the Darkseid I was hoping for. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 23rd, 2014 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 02:32 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Man, that was Supes's one shout out in the comic, stepping in to barely tip the scales enough to bfr Darkseid. So in the movie, the JL has Darkseid beat and then Supes shows up to kick him when he's down more or less? That sucks.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 02:40 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

More or less. Granted, he got in a few decent shots--but certainly nothing that tipped the scales or anything.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 02:46 PM
emporerpants

Man, that sucks. Did Supes look impressive at least? How was the scene where he fought flash, GL, and Batman?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 02:58 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He fought GL and Bats, no Flash. Great stuff. Hal's constructs may as well have been made of paper.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:41 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
It was pretty decent. Shazam is basically a mystical electrical hero at this point. Wonder Woman seemed far more impressive physically then Billy and was practically equal with Superman. Just stood out to me but she kicked a lot of ass, it was brutal. Wonder Woman looks more impressive in animated movies then Superman.

All in all, it was worth a watch. The crowbar and the neck snap made me lol though. I got a whiff of Jobberseid there. The final fight was missing something, the League did maybe a bit too well. I was expecting a stompage and then Superman to step in but whatever.

Don't see how WW looks more impressive than Superman in animated movies.

I agree with the rest. WW was badass. Love how everyone was all over her lol.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 02:43 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Really? I felt WW was far more impressive. Superman really doesn't do a whole lot other than kill some fodder and knock around GL. Plus he was koed by the omega beams while others weren't. WW, by contrast, holds her own against Darkseid and actually takes out one of his eyes. Plus, at the end, she is right there with Superman punching Darkseid into the Boom tube.

On a different note though, I wasn't a fan of Superman's (or Darkseid's) characterization at all. Supes acted too douchey for my liking.

Last edited by ares834 on Jan 24th, 2014 at 03:29 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 03:26 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Wonder Woman has been treated better than Superman in the League movies since they started doing them. They only started to shift around the time the Doom movie came out, imo. Superman was a monster in that.

In War, Superman got a lot of lip service. He made fighting the Parademons almost look easy, and against Batman and Hal he looked very impressive. Shame about not using Flash though.

I did have issue, though, with how Superman was drawn. He looked far too massive, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:09 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by ares834
Really? I felt WW was far more impressive. Superman really doesn't do a whole lot other than kill some fodder and knock around GL. Plus he was koed by the omega beams while others weren't. WW, by contrast, holds her own against Darkseid and actually takes out one of his eyes. Plus, at the end, she is right there with Superman punching Darkseid into the Boom tube.

On a different note though, I wasn't a fan of Superman's (or Darkseid's) characterization at all. Supes acted too douchey for my liking.

WW had a sword, and she at no point really went toe to toe with Darkseid with just fisticuffs.

Superman had the most success with that, and then Billy second.
WW also got dominated by Darkseid with ease after she took out his first eye.

Superman made the parademons look easy, and he was the only one hit with an Omega Beam that teleported him away, so we can assume he received the strongest one, he was singled out as the main guy they were trying to gene splice.

Superman also seemed to better Darkseid in a test of strength and brought him to his knees, at least for a little while, near the end.

That being said, WW no doubt looked impressive. But second to Superman, or possibly tied with Billy.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:47 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Not only that, Flash had surprising results too making him cry out in pain with his punches.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 06:53 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YFZ 350

Did this come out already?

"The 350 twin is still the king of the dunes"

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 06:57 PM
YFZ 350 is currently offline Click here to Send YFZ 350 a Private Message Find more posts by YFZ 350 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

My one problem is how the league did so well, but to be honest...this was a league comprised of Superman, Wonder woman, Hal, Flash and even Shazam. Tough, tough team.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 11:18 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I read some of the comments here before I watched this, so was surprised at the whooping Darkseid gave them all in the first fight. Since the comments here made it sound like he was just completely jobbed.

I agree with Zack Fair that this was one tough team up. And still even with his eyes taken out, it looked as if Darkseid still could have won if not for Superman coming back and the boom tube BFR tactic.

Anyway I really enjoyed this feature. Though I wish they missed out the Cyborg origin.

I also love the way they show Flash fight now. In this and in Flashpoint Paradox. They've upped his combat style and prowess a lot. Used to hate the days when they would just have him trip over shit, and hit way too easily, and basically job a lot.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2014 01:47 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Just watched it. Pretty good! Upset Aquaman wasn't in it but i knew that going in. I think it would have been epic to show the shark scene. Mostly I was upset with two things 1) The Flash wasn't in the tussle with superman like in the comic and 2) I was sad to see they cut the part where Flash grabs superman and moves him out of the way of the OE. Like I said I was upset about that stuff but it is really minor.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 06:15 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Saw the movie, I thought it was pretty good. Wish they'd have had the flash flick, and what was up with Supes mind control and Desaad? Overall though, I liked it.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 04:29 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

bought this yesterday, will watch saturday

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 07:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote