KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies

WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (232): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Doubt it. A lot of people seem to have a general knowledge of who Flash is.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:34 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
Glad Christopher Nolan will be back as producer, but I hope he and his brother have a bigger role than what they did in MOS. I also want some new writers on board, because i think that was one of the weakest aspects of MOS.

Very pumped for this.

I agree.

I know they hinted at them facing off, but that's unnecessary. PIS, CIS, and it will look like it's trying to copy the Avengers. The only face off I want to see is the eventual verbal chatter between the two. This movie should have the Intergang as a way to briefly introduce the New Gods while still being connected to whatever the main plot is.

Last edited by Femi32 on Jul 21st, 2013 at 07:15 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 07:09 PM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I'm pretty sure everyone's agreed they need more solo films first.

Otherwise the JL movie will just be the next Superman/Batman with a few their superhero friends introduced. There would still be loads of hype to it I guess. Heck just Superman/Batman will build loads of hype.

But it's also pretty risky when they haven't successfully pulled off any of the other JL members yet.

I forgot which producer said this, but they wanted to spin the solo movies after the big JL film. I already posted a good article from comicvine on why it's actually smarter to spin the solo movies last. Which was a good read, IMO.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 07:25 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by -Pr-
It works fine in the comics when a competent writer does it.
I'd say the odds are against the movie being good. Comics have a hard time teaming up the duo even with good writers. Movies will have it a lot harder.

You either dumb down Superman like they did Thor in Avengers and attempt to make humans like Hawkeye important but ask any general viewere, they will tell you, only hulk, Thor and iron man were needed

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 07:47 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
banieza

I can't imagine this movie being any good either. I haven't read any comics that have the two together but from what I've heard, Batman is to be older in age. I hope it's written out as a mental, suspense thriller with an intricate "check mate" move, rather than an action movie.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 08:16 PM
banieza is currently offline Click here to Send banieza a Private Message Find more posts by banieza Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Black widow, Cao, and Hawkeye were not needed. Honestly, they contributed nothing, but showing complete incompetence of everyone else.

They all contributed to the fighting, though Cap, showed that the fight wasn't just taking out the enemies and monsters, but also doing what they could to get as many citizens to safety as possible.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 09:25 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

From the inception the way the JLA universe is panning out this is looking like a major fail. There's nothing the Flash can do that Superman can't... so he's unnecessary. I am REALLY hoping that DC can pull this off and make it decent, at the very least, but with their track record thus far (Green Lantern sucked, MoS was decent) they have VERY little foundation to launch this. I want there to be SOME competition for Marvel to keep them sharp, but there isn't any (my apologies to everyone on Nolan's sack). They're rushing it due to Marvel's success.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 10:07 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd say the odds are against the movie being good. Comics have a hard time teaming up the duo even with good writers. Movies will have it a lot harder.

You either dumb down Superman like they did Thor in Avengers and attempt to make humans like Hawkeye important but ask any general viewere, they will tell you, only hulk, Thor and iron man were needed

don't agree at all. Loeb's run on S/B is widely considered a top notch team-up book. not saying it's easy, but it's definitely possible.

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
From the inception the way the JLA universe is panning out this is looking like a major fail. There's nothing the Flash can do that Superman can't... so he's unnecessary. I am REALLY hoping that DC can pull this off and make it decent, at the very least, but with their track record thus far (Green Lantern sucked, MoS was decent) they have VERY little foundation to launch this. I want there to be SOME competition for Marvel to keep them sharp, but there isn't any (my apologies to everyone on Nolan's sack). They're rushing it due to Marvel's success.

flash is faster than superman, and can do things superman can't.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 10:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Golgo13
I forgot which producer said this, but they wanted to spin the solo movies after the big JL film. I already posted a good article from comicvine on why it's actually smarter to spin the solo movies last. Which was a good read, IMO.

That was a while ago. From what I've heard since the consensus is that they need to make some solo movies first. Otherwise the JL movie will have to deal with Origin stories and there won't be the same level of years long marketing hype the Avengers had.

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

Well JLA hasn't been greenlit yet. I don't think a Superman/Batman movie is being rushed. In fact I think it's long overdue. There was talk of this like 10 years ago. And let's face it the 2 characters have had more than enough screen time individually.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 10:13 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Accel
They all contributed to the fighting, though Cap, showed that the fight wasn't just taking out the enemies and monsters, but also doing what they could to get as many citizens to safety as possible.
they contributed squat. Having them kill aliens which were limitless is dumb. Captain American site did something; he ordered police officers and instructed them on how to evacuate civilians. Cuz you know! Officers have no clue what to do, but cap who was frozen in ice for decades had more common sense than trained POs lol.

Whatever they did was next to nothing. They contributed nothing to ending the fight/war

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 10:28 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

they contributed squat. Having them kill aliens which were limitless is dumb.

Which was significantly better than letting the aliens go around killing everyone unopposed. And it was certainly more than Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk could have taken out by themselves.

Plus, y’know, the helping civilians get to safety thing, which is pretty important itself.

Captain American site did something; he ordered police officers and instructed them on how to evacuate civilians. Cuz you know! Officers have no clue what to do, but cap who was frozen in ice for decades had more common sense than trained POs lol.

I imagine the NYPD hasn’t been trained in the event of an alien invasion coming out of the sky. Whereas Cap DOES have at least some experience dealing with the extraordinary from WW2 and he knew far about Loki and the Chitauri than they did (not sure what him being frozen has to do with anything).

Last edited by Accel on Jul 21st, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 10:48 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Which was significantly better than letting the aliens go around killing everyone unopposed. And it was certainly more than Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk could have taken out by themselves.

Plus, y’know, the helping civilians get to safety thing, which is pretty important itself.

I imagine the NYPD hasn’t been trained in the event of an alien invasion coming out of the sky. Where as Cap DOES have at least some experience dealing with the extraordinary from WW2 and he knew far about Loki and the Chitauri than they did (not sore what him being frozen has to do with anything).

My main point is, I think it's ridiculous that a guy frozen in ice had more common sense than trained officials/police officers. If you honestly think a police officer is not trained to evacuate civilians in case of emergencies, then we have nothing else to discuss. Weather it is aliens, planes, soviets, Chinese, or koreans, you bet your arse, they will know to evacuate people out of harms way. Instead, you got cops wondering what to do, and cap comes in giving them orders, because you know, there are that idiotic.
Hawkeye, widow, and cap contributed nothing to end the war, if you think they did, we were watching different movies.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 10:57 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Batman isn't your regular average Joe.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 11:01 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

My main point is, I think it's ridiculous that a guy frozen in ice had more common sense than trained officials/police officers.

Again, why? Would you prefer if he wasn’t frozen at all or something? It’s not like it dumbed him down. And he’s shown he knows how to lead from his time as a soldier.

If you honestly think a police officer is not trained to evacuate civilians in case of emergencies, then we have nothing else to discuss.

Emergencies, yes. This was a bit more than just an ordinary emergency. And it was one that took every one completely off-guard.

Weather it is aliens, planes, soviets, Chinese, or koreans, you bet your arse, they will know to evacuate people out of harms way.

I’d imagine with any of those scenarios (especially aliens), that there is at least going to be that initial confusion and then eventually some organization on what to do, though countless more lives could be lost in that process. Cap just sped things along there.

Hawkeye, widow, and cap contributed nothing to end the war, if you think they did, we were watching different movies.

If you’re really going to be that black and white about it, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk didn’t contribute much more than they did, considering they were just taking out hordes of limitless aliens (y’know, like Cap, Widow, and Hawkeye were).

Iron Man contributed slightly more by pushing the nuke into the portal, but even that wasn’t something that was really planned and nearly destroyed the city.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 11:11 PM
Darth Thor

Widow's the one who closed the portal. That was.. kind of important!

If Batman was there you know he'd be the one being on top of that s***

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 11:16 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
That was a while ago. From what I've heard since the consensus is that they need to make some solo movies first. Otherwise the JL movie will have to deal with Origin stories and there won't be the same level of years long marketing hype the Avengers had.

Well JLA hasn't been greenlit yet. I don't think a Superman/Batman movie is being rushed. In fact I think it's long overdue. There was talk of this like 10 years ago. And let's face it the 2 characters have had more than enough screen time individually.

Where did you hear that? I've been following along and I haven't heard that they will make solo movies first.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 11:55 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Again, why? Would you prefer if he wasn’t frozen at all or something? It’s not like it dumbed him down. And he’s shown he knows how to lead from his time as a soldier.
Because a guy that just came out of a coma has more common sense. Sheesh man, the dude literally time travel but still has the common sense to evacuate people

Emergencies, yes. This was a bit more than just an ordinary emergency. And it was one that took every one completely off-guard.

Aren't all emergencies nearly .....off-guard? Aren't police officers trained for those kind of emergencies? Also, it's one thing to claim that a police officer doesn't know what to do in a situation where he has to square off against aliens an another where he is pitted in a situation where all he has to do in evacuate people.

quote:
I’d imagine with any of those scenarios (especially aliens), that there is at least going to be that initial confusion and then eventually some organization on what to do, though countless more lives could be lost in that process. Cap just sped things along there.

Honestly, confusion as to what do we do by the common people yes. Police Officer are trained to EVACUATE to centers, or people out of harms way. Seriously, make, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

If someone breaks into your house whether it's a man, dog, alien..etc. YOU can bet my initial reaction is to grab a bat underneath my bed.

quote:
If you’re really going to be that black and white about it, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk didn’t contribute much more than they did, considering they were just taking out hordes of limitless aliens (y’know, like Cap, Widow, and Hawkeye were). Iron Man contributed slightly more by pushing the nuke into the portal, but even that wasn’t something that was really planned and nearly destroyed the city.

Hawkeye, Widow, and Cap only took down a few of those Chiatari's . Hulk, Thor, and Ironman took those big worms, destroyed countless near the portal, defeated Loki..etc. And calling Ironman destroying an entire ARMADA SLIGHTLY MORE is seriously underrating his role/performance roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 12:45 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Widow was the one that shut the portal. Cap led and directed the team; they were only as good as they were because Cap was leading them. Not to mention Hawkeye being Iron Man's spotter.

Some played bigger parts than others, sure, but everyone still played a part. The reason teams with human members works so well is that next to Superman, or Thor, most villains will underestimate the Batmans and Captain Americas.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 01:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

laughing out loud

Yeah, we should all be xJLx. With his training, if a Predator broke into his house, he'd remain calm and composed and go for his baseball bat. He wouldn't panic at all.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 01:34 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Because a guy that just came out of a coma has more common sense. Sheesh man, the dude literally time travel but still has the common sense to evacuate people

Yeah… I still don’t see why this bugs you so much. It’s Captain America, not just “some guy who came out of a coma.”

Whatever.

Aren't all emergencies nearly .....off-guard? Aren't police officers trained for those kind of emergencies? Also, it's one thing to claim that a police officer doesn't know what to do in a situation where he has to square off against aliens an another where he is pitted in a situation where all he has to do in evacuate people.

I suppose it depends on the emergency. From their perspective they just saw a portal in the sky and endless hordes of aliens riding hover cycles, crushing vehicles, and blowing up everything around them. Essentially like being in the early stages of World War 3.

It’s really not much of stretch that they might not know right away what to do in that situation. They’re not thinking “Hey, all we have to do is...” because there are far too many variables in play that would most likely exceed their training.

It’s probably difficult to ascertain what the best evacuation spots are when just about everything around you is being blown up.

Honestly, confusion as to what do we do by the common people yes. Police Officer are trained to EVACUATE to centers, or people out of harms way. Seriously, make, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

An entire invasion IS out of the ordinary. Especially an alien invasion that scatters all around the city.

Hawkeye, Widow, and Cap only took down a few of those Chiatari's . Hulk, Thor, and Ironman took those big worms, destroyed countless near the portal, defeated Loki..etc.

They took down more than quite a few aliens, among also saving various citizens (you seem to keep glossing over this point). You have Cap saving a crowd from a grenade and assisting the cops, Hawkeye helping people out of an over-turned bus, and Widow hijacking one of the alien hover bikes and taking advantage of that. Cap and Thor were literally fighting side-by-side at one point and assisting each other. Hawkeye was the one who knocked Loki off of his bike so Hulk could get to him.

Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man took on the heaviest-hitters (the flying whale monsters), but clearly they were far from the only problem there.

And calling Ironman destroying an entire ARMADA SLIGHTLY MORE is seriously underrating his role/performance roll eyes (sarcastic)

True. I guess by your assessment everyone but Iron Man was useless then. And the random dude who fired the nuke in the first place. Clearly this was their movie.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 01:35 AM