KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies

WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (232): « First ... « 229 230 [231] 232 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I really enjoyed it. Sure it was no Avengers, but didn't need to be really. And I'd say it was a slight improvement over the last solo outings for Batman and Superman.

Oh and everyone starting applauding when the film ended at my theatre. Guess that was like a F**** You to the critics.

My issues:

1. Could have cut out a few scenes. Movie didn't need to be that long.
2. Jesse's madness started off ok, but got annoying later on.
3. The Wonder Woman entrance music was horrible.
4. Justice League cameos seemed very forced. In fact that whole scene was pretty random.
5. I actually felt the main Batman v Superman fight was the most boring fight in the film. With all the hype of it being Batman v Superman, that part was a let down.

My score 7.5/10

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 01:57 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Saw it last night, have really mixed feelings about it. I guess overall I'd say it was alright.

But there were bits I really liked, bits I absolutely hated, and bits which were just fine.

Alfleck was good as Batman/Bruce Wayne, Jeremy Irons was great as Alfred and their dynamic was pretty fun. Wonder Woman was also pretty great, although she really didn't have much to do.

Cavill was alright I guess, but once again is basically given nothing to do. His Superman is still basically a blank slate.

I didn't hate Lex in it, at least for the first half, I mean it wasn't the Luthor we've been used to for awhile but I didn't mind that. But then about half way through or so it just goes of the deep end as was a bit of a mess.

It looked good, visually, but I mean that was the one thing I wasn't worried about. I mean Snyder has many flaws but he knows how to make stuff look pretty.

It was also way too long, but still felt as if it was missing a bunch of stuff, which I think was just poor storytelling really. Scenes just kind of happen throughout it with no real connections, so it feels really really eclectic and jumpy.

The Justice League cameo things were so hamfisted it was painful. Like people complain that Iron Man 2 tried to hard to set stuff up for the future, but jesus this makes that look like an exercise in subtlety.

Stuff I hated was mainly [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Batman killing people. Seriously, for all the flack MoS took about Superman and how they try to address it in this and emphasis 'your not a killer' etc, they then do the exact same thing but worse with a character for who not killing is as if not more important than for Superman. He was a bit like the Punisher here and I hated that. It just seems to show once again that they don't really care about the characters. I mean, if in Nolan's 'realistic' trilogy you can uphold the no killing, there's no reason to have it here. It's completely against what Batman should be...

The actual plot felt like a bit of a mess. Like, bits of it just didn't make any sense if you thought about it for more than 5 seconds. But yeah, there seemed to be bits of 3 or so really good movies spread throughout this, yet it just didn't work as one cohesive film. It also tried to do these big dramatic character moments or scenes near the end that just felt completely undeserved because there was nothing leading up to them. And there were things that were just glossed over that should really be important things ie [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Everyone just finding out each others identity with no real fanfare or weight to it. Like, those should be important scenes and moments. Especially problematic when you realize there's now a Lex Luthor that knows everyone's identities, which unless they kill him in JL or something, is gonna be strange going forwards.

Also the ending was just not good. Like, at all.

Overall, really mixed feelings for a really mixed film. But good god I hope they make the next films more upbeat. There's really a limit to how much dark and gloomy and brooding Justice League I can take at this point.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 01:04 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Not as bad as the critics are saying, but nowhere near as good as it should have been. It's mediocre

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 06:53 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cherry cola

Thought the movie was pretty good it did have some weird plot items and odd characterizations. A big difference between DC and Marvel is the blend of humor that Marvel can mix with its movies that is why a movie like GOTG did so well. Also Marvel took there time the build up there movies before the Avengers.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 01:32 AM
cherry cola is currently offline Click here to Send cherry cola a Private Message Find more posts by cherry cola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

6/10, C-... whatever you want to call it, this was an underwhelming movie experience.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 03:34 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I'm glad the movie did well at the box office. If the movie is as meh as people say, at least WB can correct the future movies. I'll be seeing it tomorrow.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...uperman2015.htm

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Last edited by Badabing on Mar 27th, 2016 at 07:04 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 06:54 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Badabing
I'm glad the movie did well at the box office. If the movie is as meh as people say, at least WB can correct the future movies. I'll be seeing it tomorrow.

lets hope it does well each week going forward

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 07:22 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Attachment: batman on critics.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 07:42 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

laughing

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 11:48 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

thumb up

Old Post Mar 28th, 2016 03:13 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
If this happens then Snyder will continue. Bad movies shouldn't do well or then you have the transformers franchise.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2016 05:23 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Just saw a morning showing in 3D. I'm not sure what the critics and some of the people here are griping about. The movie was exactly what it advertised. It wasn't the best comic book movie I've seen, but I give it a solid B grade, or 3/4 stars. I liked it as much as Age of Ultron, TDKR, Cap 1, X Men DotFP. There were some loose ends in the plot, most of the movie was dark and gritty, and there were some slow spots. But it at least met my expectations.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 28th, 2016 06:03 PM
Femi32

Deleted scene from the movie. This explains why Lex was acting strange at the end of the movie.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...how-lex-a132729

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 02:04 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

No one else think they ruined Batman by making him an utter idiotic dick in the main fight setup?

No spoilers, because I've spoiled nothing, it's called BvS after all.

The film was good, maybe even 7/10, up until the fight proper. At which point it just pushed Batman's characterisation into the toilet.

This was basically DC's Punisher, a great low-level anti-hero, up against something he just doesn't have the breadth of vision to appreciate.

Luthor also seemed more like Marvel's The MadThinker, than Lex.

I've always disliked this version of Lois, Perry was a bit of a **** too (poor characterisation) and WW should have been more integral, she seems to have been a very good piece of casting and an intriguing character.

Batfleck was a grumpy ****, which worked in parts, but felt wooden and his emotional reason for the animus against Superman was childish and seriously out of character for Batman.

Overall a 7/10 movie for 3/5ths of the time and a 5/10 for the rest. Disappointing.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 03:53 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by janus77
Disappointing.
Yah. A lot of us feel that way. It's a real shame.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 07:31 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

I was mostly shocked with the over the top way they ruined Bruce and Batman's characterisation. And I'm not even talking about the violence (though that plays a part).

This is supposed to be a mastermind strategist and tactician. Not someone that turns emo and stupid because of a tragedy.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2016 11:58 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by janus77

This is supposed to be a mastermind strategist and tactician.

Tbf Warner Bros has never got that right in the Batman movies.

I want to see the tactician, the escape artist, the master of disguise, the spy, the ninja, the detective- All ways he can actually look good even in front of Superman.

But all they keep giving us is - Look he's really tough and has cool toys.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2016 01:12 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

BvS suffered a 68% drop from last weekend.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...r-for-a-a133009

Old Post Apr 4th, 2016 12:46 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Femi32
BvS suffered a 68% drop from last weekend.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...r-for-a-a133009

not a surprise.. it will fall even more next weekend

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 4th, 2016 03:28 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

I was soooo disapointed with Batman v Superman...

1st of all, they showed most of the good stuff during all those teaser trailers (I remember thinking that them showing all those juicy scenes was a bad sign)...

2nd, there were plot holes galore; I wont reveal any spoilers for those that have not seen it yet, but Snyder had plot holes big enough to drive an 18 wheeler through....very sloppy work.

3rd, Batman did stuff that was completely out of character; those that have seen the movie already know exactly what I mean by this...

I could go on and on and on, but I dont want to spoil anything, so I'll stop here...

But once again, very disappointing movie; there are some bright spots, but not nearly enough to cover up everything Snyder did wrong here...

The acting is fine; I blame this movies failure completely and utterly upon Snyder...he screwed the pooch.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2016 05:11 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote