KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies

WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (232): « First ... « 230 231 [232]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
If this happens then Snyder will continue. Bad movies shouldn't do well or then you have the transformers franchise.

I agree with you 100% Quanchi; this movie deserves to fail as its just a very sloppily put together product...

If this movie were to fail, then a major movie studio would be very hesitant to let Snyder direct another major movie going foward...

Unfortunately, this movie will not tank; they've already surpassed the break even mark and will only add to their earnings from there...

Unfortunately, Snyder just might be allowed to ruin another promising movie as a result...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2016 06:51 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Tbf Warner Bros has never got that right in the Batman movies.

I think you're right. None of the depictions are very true to the character.

He should be part Sherlock, part American Ninja and part Smallville Lex.

I want to see the tactician, the escape artist, the master of disguise, the spy, the ninja, the detective- All ways he can actually look good even in front of Superman.

But all they keep giving us is - Look he's really tough and has cool toys.

Absolutely. Sherlock and even Elementary are good at making the detecting aspects stand out and look dramatic, but the movies never bother with that at all. Just concentrate on uber-Bond like gadgets and combat.

Anyway, I hope Suicide Squad is good, though the Joker isn't looking promising.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2016 07:25 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I agree with you 100% Quanchi; this movie deserves to fail as its just a very sloppily put together product...

If this movie were to fail, then a major movie studio would be very hesitant to let Snyder direct another major movie going foward...

Quanchi is a DC Hater who wants all DC Movies to fail.

If this failed, it wouldn't only be the end of Snyder, it could also potentially be then end of DC movies for another few years.

WB Know they have lost money due to the bad critical response, so they will course adjust in some way IMO. I doubt they will keep Snyder for JL2 (although personally I would just skip JL1 at this point), and the other movies from the DCEU all have different Directors, so have a chance to showcase their talent in making superhero movies.

So no need to root for this movie to fail. It wasn't THAT bad. It was more disappointing than anything else, but WB knows that already.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 11:01 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Unfortunately, this movie will not tank; they've already surpassed the break even mark and will only add to their earnings from there...

Unfortunately, Snyder just might be allowed to ruin another promising movie as a result...
thumb up

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 02:27 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Quanchi is a DC Hater who wants all DC Movies to fail.

If this failed, it wouldn't only be the end of Snyder, it could also potentially be then end of DC movies for another few years.

WB Know they have lost money due to the bad critical response, so they will course adjust in some way IMO. I doubt they will keep Snyder for JL2 (although personally I would just skip JL1 at this point), and the other movies from the DCEU all have different Directors, so have a chance to showcase their talent in making superhero movies.

So no need to root for this movie to fail. It wasn't THAT bad. It was more disappointing than anything else, but WB knows that already.
I didn't hate the Nolan batman films so do not lie. I admit when any film is bad. You can't see past your own skewed perspective and feelings.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 02:28 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

So just read a few rumours about stuff here http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...being-rewritten

But the bit that stood out was this -

'Those sources also say that a majority of "Justice League" will be shot on sets against a green screen, so director Zack Snyder can "utilize background replacement" like he did on "300." This will both allow him greater control over the look of the film and keep set photos from location shoots from leaking online'

I really, really hope this is just a baseless rumour because that sounds pretty awesome. Worked in 300 because of how stylized it is- something that wouldn't really work when you're building a shared universe where most other things won't be doing this. That and it also just seems super lazy.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post May 12th, 2016 09:10 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Has the plot been leaked yet?

Old Post May 15th, 2016 02:37 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Latest rumour is part one will have Steppenwolf as the villain.

Then I guess Darkseid in part two.

Also just realised in my previous post I wrote awesome when I meant to write awful.

Old Post May 16th, 2016 12:11 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Latest rumour is part one will have Steppenwolf as the villain.

Then I guess Darkseid in part two.

Also just realised in my previous post I wrote awesome when I meant to write awful.

If that's true, BvS hinted at it pretty heavily.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 16th, 2016 12:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Especially with that scene they put online just after BvS came out.

Tbh I'm not sure how bothered I am about it all at this point. I mean it's good that they're not throwing out Darkseid in part one, but if it is Steppenwolf then DS in part two the first one is probably going to feel really inessential, as you know SW will get defeated then 'THE REAL THREAT APPEARS'.

I just think more time on Darkseid might be more interesting, idk. That being said the movies will probably be long as all hell like BvS so a lot could happen.

Last edited by AlmightyKfish on May 16th, 2016 at 12:40 AM

Old Post May 16th, 2016 12:35 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Especially with that scene they put online just after BvS came out.

Tbh I'm not sure how bothered I am about it all at this point. I mean it's good that they're not throwing out Darkseid in part one, but if it is Steppenwolf then DS in part two the first one is probably going to feel really inessential, as you know SW will get defeated then 'THE REAL THREAT APPEARS'.

I just think more time on Darkseid might be more interesting, idk. That being said the movies will probably be long as all hell like BvS so a lot could happen.

They could always have the JL get stomped in part one...kinda leave us with a cliff hanger

Old Post May 16th, 2016 01:21 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Video analysis of the central problem with the DCEU (though actually, they have a lot more than one problem to fix.)

Hint - it's about characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXpiRzumrVY

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 28th, 2017 12:53 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by roughrider
Video analysis of the central problem with the DCEU (though actually, they have a lot more than one problem to fix.)

Hint - it's about characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXpiRzumrVY

Well shit, don't even have to watch the video to know that. They've been a large part of the problem bar maybe a couple of them being passable.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 28th, 2017 01:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Zack Snyder is off of Justice League, but not in a way I imagined it would happen.

May his family find comfort in their tragedy.

Old Post May 24th, 2017 01:33 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Femi32
Zack Snyder is off of Justice League, but not in a way I imagined it would happen.

May his family find comfort in their tragedy.

Yes it's unfortunately under tragic circumstances.

And tbh I don't think the stuff that's gone wrong with the DCEU is his fault. He's the one who actually convinced WB not to hit jump straight into JL, but to have at least a couple of build up films first.

Kind of Ironic though that Joss Whedon is the one to finish the film though. Nice of him to help out the competition to his biggest film ever.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 06:43 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Avengers one was his biggest film ever.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 10:12 PM