KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies

WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (232): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xJLxKing
they contributed squat. Having them kill aliens which were limitless is dumb. Captain American site did something; he ordered police officers and instructed them on how to evacuate civilians. Cuz you know! Officers have no clue what to do, but cap who was frozen in ice for decades had more common sense than trained POs lol.

Whatever they did was next to nothing. They contributed nothing to ending the fight/war

Black Widow closed the portal, got Loki to spill his beans etc. She was surprisingly useful tbh. She basically did what Batman would in a JL movie.

Captain America was the tactically commander of the Avengers in the field, directing them. He was also IIRC focusing on helping save and evacuating the civilians on ground level.

Hawkeye was pretty useless tbh but he did help out with Loki and bottle necking the troops.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 01:36 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Captain America: Tactically sound field commander and leader. Formed the general battle plan which minimized damage and loss of life. Also had prior experience dealing with the Tessarect and had combat experience and stats capable of enabling him to briefly hold his own against Loki and son Chitauri.

Black Widow: Espionage agent. Successfully manipulated Loki, who had in turn manipulated everyone else, into finding out about his plans. Aided in rescue and extraction of civilians and ultimately shut down the portal with Selvig's help.

Hawkeye: Sharpshooter. Helped with rescue and extraction of civilians. Also worked as Iron Man's spotter.

Everyone on the team contributed on some level besides Hulk/Thor/Iron Man beating ass and take names.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 01:54 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Golgo13
Where did you hear that? I've been following along and I haven't heard that they will make solo movies first.

It was Henry Cavill's opinion and the impression I had was that the opinion was shared by Synder and Goyer. Of course they don't make the final decisions, but I agree with them.

There should at least be a Wonder Woman solo movie before moving on to JLA Imho. And the WW movie should be of decent quality of course.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 02:47 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
It was Henry Cavill's opinion and the impression I had was that the opinion was shared by Synder and Goyer. Of course they don't make the final decisions, but I agree with them.

There should at least be a Wonder Woman solo movie before moving on to JLA Imho. And the WW movie should be of decent quality of course.

So far, it's only been Cavil's opinion and that doesn't mean anything. They might do a WW solo movie first, but that's pretty much it. Too soon for a GL reboot.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 02:55 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by ares834
Doubt it. A lot of people seem to have a general knowledge of who Flash is.

True but for the average moviegoer I have seen that Marvel is shown in a more positive light than DC. Like for example IM2 is considered a terrible movie yet gets a pass by most people.

I would say most people agree MoS is a better movie yet you get a lot of critique along with a lot of praise. Nolan's Batman films aren't without their critique either while the likes of Thor or the Hulk just get by.

If Marvel makes it seem like DC is copying them then the masses will believe it. I mean imagine if they chose Darkseid as the main villain and the outrage from fake nerds.

Which is why Wonder Woman would have been a perfect, perfect choice.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 02:57 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

BTW, I don't think this has been talked about but

quote:
Warner Bros. Closing Massive Financing Deal With Dune to Replace Legendary

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...inancing-582274

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 03:01 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Based

If Marvel makes it seem like DC is copying them then the masses will believe it. I mean imagine if they chose Darkseid as the main villain and the outrage from fake nerds.

Which is why Wonder Woman would have been a perfect, perfect choice.

I don't think they should worry about being seen as copying Marvel. World's Finest is certainly a different direction they're taking already, and the fact is just because Marvel is the first one to do the shared Universe on the big screen, doesn't mean nobody can follow them.

Heck Bryan Singer's made it perfectly clear he's trying to copy that formula for the X-Universe.

Also it would be pretty dumb for people to believe Flash is a copy of Quicksilver just because they're both super fast. Heck that's like saying people will think Quicksilver's power is just a copy of Superman's speed, or a copy of the kid in "Incredibles."

Anyway I don't think there's any official word on which DC Superhero will come next. I agree with you that Wonder Woman is more important.

Originally posted by Golgo13
So far, it's only been Cavil's opinion and that doesn't mean anything. They might do a WW solo movie first, but that's pretty much it. Too soon for a GL reboot.

I'm almost certain Goyer said something similar, so it seems to be the opinion going around on the MOS set.

Agree there's no point in a GL reboot anytime soon. He's had his chance for now. It's not the end of the world. Hulk didn't do well in his solo movie but the character still worked really well in Avengers.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jul 22nd, 2013 at 03:20 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 03:16 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I don't think they should worry about being seen as copying Marvel. World's Finest is certainly a different direction they're taking already, and the fact is just because Marvel is the first one to do the shared Universe on the big screen, doesn't mean nobody can follow them.

Heck Bryan Singer's made it perfectly clear he's trying to copy that formula for the X-Universe.

Also it would be pretty dumb for people to believe Flash is a copy of Quicksilver just because they're both super fast. Heck that's like saying people will think Quicksilver's power is just a copy of Superman's speed, or a copy of the kid in "Incredibles."

Anyway I don't think there's any official word on which DC Superhero will come next. I agree with you that Wonder Woman is more important.

I'm almost certain Goyer said something similar, so it seems to be the opinion going around on the MOS set.

Agree there's no point in a GL reboot anytime soon. He's had his chance for now. It's not the end of the world. Hulk didn't do well in his solo movie but the character still worked really well in Avengers.

So far, I've only heard Cavil, but Goyer could have said it too. Doesn't matter though. They're not in charge.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 03:49 AM
ares834

Rushing straight into a JLA film would be a mess. We need a WW and Flash film first.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 03:52 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by ares834
Rushing straight into a JLA film would be a mess. We need a WW and Flash film first.

Not if they draw out the movie and introduce some of the other stars in sequels.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 03:58 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's going to be hellish telling a good team story and establishing 3-4 actual people as heroes that would be capable of carrying their own movie.

This isn't like Hawkeye and Widow.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 05:05 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Exactly, the can do it to one or two (preferably Aquaman and John Stewart) but any more than that and I can't see the film turning out well.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 05:17 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

I do think Marvel is trying to beat DC with on screening characters like Quicksilver, Ultron, and Thanos. Flash is well known but even he doesn't have a live action flick yet. So Marvel pushing out Quicksilver would make it look less like Marvel is copying Flash when a Flash movie comes out. Then there's Ultron in Avengers 2. I can't help but think Marvel wanted switch Thanos for Ultron to get his name out before DC decides to bring Brainiac on the big screen. All the talk you here of them wanting to tell a good story; I can't help but think their other agenda is to establish their heroes to become house hold names like DC did for Supes, WW, Flash, Aquaman, and Batman.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 07:02 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Female lead action films tend not to do very well at the box-office and let's face it that does matter so Wonder Woman would be hard to pull off. Maybe doing it on the small screen would work better.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 09:23 AM
juggernaut74 is online now! Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Female lead action films tend not to do very well at the box-office and let's face it that does matter so Wonder Woman would be hard to pull off. Maybe doing it on the small screen would work better.

Having a shitty script doesn't also help.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 09:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
I do think Marvel is trying to beat DC with on screening characters like Quicksilver, Ultron, and Thanos. Flash is well known but even he doesn't have a live action flick yet. So Marvel pushing out Quicksilver would make it look less like Marvel is copying Flash when a Flash movie comes out. Then there's Ultron in Avengers 2. I can't help but think Marvel wanted switch Thanos for Ultron to get his name out before DC decides to bring Brainiac on the big screen. All the talk you here of them wanting to tell a good story; I can't help but think their other agenda is to establish their heroes to become house hold names like DC did for Supes, WW, Flash, Aquaman, and Batman.

If Marvel is trying to get these things done on the big screen before WB/DC, then WB/DC are making it really easy for them given their speed at getting on with superhero movies (minus Superman and Batman).

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 12:46 PM
WhiteWitchKing

Pretty much this. If they want to make it work, they'd have to involve the gods from the get go and give her some good supporting characters. They should have Ares as her first villain to boost the movie.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 02:30 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

But they can and have worked. Just look at the Hunger Games, Aliens, or even the Terminator films. Or, heck, look at the reception at Faora. I really think a Wonder Woman would do great if they had a good script. Plus, there is the simple fact that super hero film draws in a different audience from typical action films.

Last edited by ares834 on Jul 22nd, 2013 at 04:37 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 04:33 PM
Based
iPinoy

Because no one's given them a try and in the exceptions that they actually do, they don't put effort into it.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 05:08 PM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's not about being female; it's about being good.

Movies with female leads work. Wonder Woman can work. They just need to not make it shit. Make it about her meeting Steve Trevor and fighting Greek Gods, and you've got a winner imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2013 05:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote