KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies

WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (232): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Femi32
Well, we'll just have to wait and see if it's bad. Other than that, why be upset if it's being made? We've had 2 Superman movies in 26 years. That isn't over saturation.

As far as different is concerned, 2016 has Flash and 2017 has Justice League.

They want to push for Aquaman, Metal Men, Sandman (alternative to Harry Potter), and Flash as well.

If the deal with Dune finalizes, I can see them making these other properties.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 08:45 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

As far as different is concerned, 2016 has Flash and 2017 has Justice League.
Those are rumors.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 09:23 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by tkitna
If its half as bad as MOS, then yes.

I dont know, it just seems like Batman and Superman is all they can do. Give me something different already.

Therein lies two problems:

One, that you think MOS was bad. Some people might agree, and some won't. I don't agree. More importantly though, WB doesn't agree. They liked Man of Steel. A lot of people did. It's a movie about Superman, one of the biggest characters in the world. That movie doing well meant a sequel was bound to happen.

Second, the assumption that DC can "only" do Superman and Batman is incredibly premature and, imo, misses the point entirely. When Iron Man came out in 2008, Hulk was the only other "world builder" that came out that same year. So that's two characters. It was THREE YEARS before Thor and Cap came out.

WB/DC isn't at the same point that Marvel is, so acting like they are is a logical problem. They're only starting to build their world, and compared to Marvel's world building, they might be behind, but their schedule is really no different considering they have a full three years to bring out a character other than Superman or Batman, which they've said they're going to do.

Putting Batman in a Superman movie (and it is a Superman movie) basically gives DC/WB two movies for the price of one. That frees up millions of dollars to put towards other movies. DC isn't going to farm out their characters to other studious because of WB, and it would be pointless at this juncture to do so, as they're trying to build a world.

They're behind, but as far as progression goes, they're not nearly as bad as people make them out to be.

If, in 2016 we've still only had Superman and Batman in movies, then you might have an argument.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2013 07:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well they've had Watchmen which was a great movie. And even though Green Lantern was done badly, it was still done. They even have a live action Green Arrow right now. So lets not pretend Superman and Batman are all WB has ever attempted outside of animation.

And if anything putting Batman in Superman's sequel is only a strong indication that WB has serious plans to do a JL film. After all that's exactly how the JL animated show started coming together.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2013 01:12 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Not to mention stuff like V for Vendetta, RED, The Losers, LXG, The Spirit, and Constantine. Yes, they're imprints, but they're still technically under that banner.

With this world building, we should start to see more of the "main" universe characters, especially with how encouraging Snyder has been when talking about the DCU.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 28th, 2013 02:16 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Rumor is they want to cast an older Batman. Why? If that's the case, get Christian Bale back. If he won't come back, get a young guy around Cavill's age to play Batman.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2013 10:37 PM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by -Pr-
Therein lies two problems:

One, that you think MOS was bad. Some people might agree, and some won't. I don't agree. More importantly though, WB doesn't agree. They liked Man of Steel. A lot of people did. It's a movie about Superman, one of the biggest characters in the world. That movie doing well meant a sequel was bound to happen.

Second, the assumption that DC can "only" do Superman and Batman is incredibly premature and, imo, misses the point entirely. When Iron Man came out in 2008, Hulk was the only other "world builder" that came out that same year. So that's two characters. It was THREE YEARS before Thor and Cap came out.

WB/DC isn't at the same point that Marvel is, so acting like they are is a logical problem. They're only starting to build their world, and compared to Marvel's world building, they might be behind, but their schedule is really no different considering they have a full three years to bring out a character other than Superman or Batman, which they've said they're going to do.

Putting Batman in a Superman movie (and it is a Superman movie) basically gives DC/WB two movies for the price of one. That frees up millions of dollars to put towards other movies. DC isn't going to farm out their characters to other studious because of WB, and it would be pointless at this juncture to do so, as they're trying to build a world.

They're behind, but as far as progression goes, they're not nearly as bad as people make them out to be.

If, in 2016 we've still only had Superman and Batman in movies, then you might have an argument.
Ownage.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 4th, 2013 11:45 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

I don't care how long they take, I just want them to take their time and make sure they have an actual plan rather than just jumping into it because they want that Justice League money.

I'd rather see a really good Justice League movie later than mediocre one sooner.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2013 06:30 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

thumb up

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 5th, 2013 08:13 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by Accel
I don't care how long they take, I just want them to take their time and make sure they have an actual plan rather than just jumping into it because they want that Justice League money.

I'd rather see a really good Justice League movie later than mediocre one sooner.

Yeah. If they mess up, it'll be years before they reboot.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Aug 5th, 2013 09:09 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Rumor is they want to cast an older Batman. Why? If that's the case, get Christian Bale back. If he won't come back, get a young guy around Cavill's age to play Batman.

I really hope that the buzz about them using Miller's Dark Knight Returns isn't true. The Dark Knight Returns was cool for its time, but I don't want DC/WB to shit all over the world's finest for the cheap thrill of seeing Batman fighting Superman on the bigscreen.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2013 06:03 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

thats just one of many rumors to come.. As for myself I can't/don't see how a 40 year old actor can do the role...

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I really hope that the buzz about them using Miller's Dark Knight Returns isn't true. The Dark Knight Returns was cool for its time, but I don't want DC/WB to shit all over the world's finest for the cheap thrill of seeing Batman fighting Superman on the bigscreen.

i think with that rumor therein lies a true lie, I think Miller was just simply brought in so Snyder and Co. can get a simple feeling on how that version of Batman fought Superman

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 5th, 2013 06:26 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

They need Miller for that? They could have gotten an average KMC member--it would have been cheaper and likely more accurate.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2013 11:08 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Omega Vision
They need Miller for that? They could have gotten an average KMC member--it would have been cheaper and likely more accurate.

yeah and I would have been that member.. big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 6th, 2013 12:07 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Vensai
Yeah. If they mess up, it'll be years before they reboot.

If they mess up I would be willing to bet that.....

A) they kind of just toss out the idea of a Justice League movie.

or

B) If they happen to try again they wont learn from their mistakes.

EDIT: here is a yahoo news story on people they want for batman http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/batm...5724563047.html

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Aug 6th, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2013 12:14 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

If they screw it up, they'll wait 6 to 10 years and bring out another reboot of Batman or Superman. That is my bet.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 6th, 2013 12:24 AM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

I hope this movie doesn't suck. A lot is riding on this.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2013 01:35 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 01:33 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 01:40 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 02:01 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote