KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies

WB to announce Superman/Batman & JLA movies
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (232): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

laughing out loud

This is awesome. DD now as the Batman. Older, wiser than Superman. Loving what I am hearing thus far.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 02:02 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Good news, IMO. Ben has grown as an actor and hopefully direct the next Batman/JL movie.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 02:39 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this is bad news.. very bad news.. george clooney all over again

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 03:54 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this is bad news.. very bad news.. george clooney all over again

I don't see that at all. This isn't Ben 10 years ago. He's obviously grown as an actor and although not the best, very solid. He just won best movie last season at the Oscars and has directed a few great films.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 04:11 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Golgo13
I don't see that at all. This isn't Ben 10 years ago. He's obviously grown as an actor and although not the best, very solid. He just won best movie last season at the Oscars and has directed a few great films.

Affleck is a far better director than actor... he stinks as an actor..

don't see how anything will get me pumped up for this

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 04:23 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud

This is awesome. DD now as the Batman. Older, wiser than Superman. Loving what I am hearing thus far.

sad mad

Ben Affleck being cast as Batman has killed my enthusiasm for this movie. I don't understand why WB wants a middle aged man to be Batman! Didn't they say Superman was the first public hero in this universe? If Batman has been around for a while, he's already public.

Also, don't they want longevity and youth from someone who's going to play Batman beyond the next decade? He'll be 51 ten years from now, yet were to expect him to portray a physically intimidating character? Not everyone ages well. The only solace I have in this is if this movie bombs, WB will reconsider their iron grip on the DC cinematic universe and hand it over to DC, because their track record outside of solo Batman and Superman is a full miss.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 04:25 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Affleck is a far better director than actor... he stinks as an actor..

don't see how anything will get me pumped up for this

Disagreed. He was very good in Argo and The Town.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 04:27 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Disagreed. He was very good in Argo and The Town.

haven't seen Argo yet, The Town was horrible

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 04:28 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Zack Fair
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 04:59 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

My problem isn't his acting, its that it's Ben Affleck and its nearly impossible for me to see him as Bruce Wayne.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 04:59 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Affleck is also 3 inches taller than Cavill. They should've cast Armie Hammer if they didn't care about height. He's 26, he has the perfect deep voice, and he's physically intimidating. Scott Adkins was my current top pick.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 05:06 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

haven't seen Argo yet, The Town was horrible

Wow, really? It has excellent reviews and is generally liked.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 05:09 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Femi32
Affleck is also 3 inches taller than Cavill. They should've cast Armie Hammer if they didn't care about height. He's 26, he has the perfect deep voice, and he's physically intimidating. Scott Adkins was my current top pick.

WB wants an older Bruce for this role.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 05:09 AM
Femi32

WB wants an older Bruce for this role.

Why does he have to be older? Don't they understand this is a reboot and the new Batman will also be in future Batman films? He will be 51 ten years from now if WB actually has a shared universe by then.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 05:23 AM
Senor Cage

Why does he have to be older? Don't they understand this is a reboot and the new Batman will also be in future Batman films? He will be 51 ten years from now if WB actually has a shared universe by then.

Don't know. That's just the way WB wants it. Little has been stated about the plot.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 05:39 AM
Femi32

Don't know. That's just the way WB wants it. Little has been stated about the plot.

This is my biggest problem with WB. They want things that don't make sense and it usually backfires.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 05:57 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!

Jeez I really wish I WB did offer Bale $50mill now.

Every single one of the rumored casting choices were better than this!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 07:39 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Affleck is also 3 inches taller than Cavill. They should've cast Armie Hammer if they didn't care about height.

Except Armie Hammer isn't fond of Comic book movies.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 07:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by Kazenji
Except Armie Hammer isn't fond of Comic book movies.

He was auditioning for Batman months ago. Disregarding height and casting him would make more sense, because he's younger.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 07:50 AM
Femi32

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Jeez I really wish I WB did offer Bale $50mill now.

Every single one of the rumored casting choices were better than this!

I've always said if WB wanted a middle aged Batman, Bale was the best choice. He's already middle aged, people are familiar with him, and it would be stupid to recast the role for a similarly aged person when they should reboot with a man in his prime.

sad

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 07:58 AM