KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
. 1 100.00%
. 0 0%
Total: 1 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Started by: focus4chumps

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (638): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
movie wise it would be.. most likely, imo WB will hire someone similar to Henry Cavil's age.. beside i think they want a hit on their hands and not a flop

take that back.. Mister big grin laughing out loud

urban would be a flop? really?

guys as old as him, if not older, have had action roles in the past.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 04:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by -Pr-
urban would be a flop? really?

guys as old as him, if not older, have had action roles in the past.

oh i agree, but I don;t think WB will hire someone in their 40's to play bruce/batman.. i like urban as Bones from Abram's two Trek films but in this instance imo he doesn;t fit.. Now I could see him play Roland Sionas/Black Mask if they choose to have him in the reboot at some point

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 04:32 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Snyder doing Batman.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 05:01 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Batman is only going downhill after Nolan trilogy.

Better get ready for the butthurt

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 05:37 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Snyder will hit the fantastical aspects of Batman moreso where Nolan nailed the drama and supporting characters. Snyder is perfect for the technology and stylized fight scenes(basically all the things Nolan wasn't so good at).

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 05:44 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i don't see Karl Urban as Bruce Wayne, at all. I think he could definitely pull off the personality aspect of the Batman persona, but that's about it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 05:44 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by marwash22
i don't see Karl Urban as Bruce Wayne, at all. I think he could definitely pull off the personality aspect of the Batman persona, but that's about it.

Given some of your earlier choices, I'm not surprised.

==

Honestly, I trust Snyder for the visual aspect of the movie, but he needs to be reigned in by a good writer. I don't trust Goyer due to him being the guy that had such a huge influence on the Nolan trilogy, and even with him and Snyder working together, I'd still want someone else helping to get the mythology of the character brought to life.

For me, my ideal movie would be:

Wayne is helping to rebuild Metropolis. Wayne sees Superman as a very dangerous being, albeit one with good intentions (like Lenny in Of Mice and Men). At the same time, Superman is giving interviews to Lois, trying to reassure people and trying to make amends for the lives that were lost during Zod's attack. So Batman and Superman square off, while Luthor is trying to get both Wayne and Superman out of Metropolis.

Batman and Superman, in true hero fashion, unite to stop the bigger threat, and by the end of the movie they're on amicable terms, to the point that we get to see their bromance begin to blossom.

If Snyder goes and has Batman lord it over Superman (or vice versa), well, **** that shit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 05:50 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

lol. what do you mean?

I picked relatively young guys who are handsome and already have some martial arts skill. MA skills probably aren't a huge necessity for the role since Batman wears a mask and you can have a stand-in for the fight scenes; but even then, i don't think Urban is handsome or charming enough to pull off the Bruce Wayne part of the role, at least not based on what I've seen from him.

If Snyder goes and has Batman lord it over Superman (or vice versa), well, **** that shit.
thumb up

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 05:59 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Honestly.......

Karl Urban doesn't seem so bad. He can portray different personalities. We've seen him do the lighter side in Star Trek and then we've seen him brood in Dredd. I think Snyder should just consult Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, etc. and in a perfect world THEY would pen the script. Wouldn't mind Nolan and his brother having input as well.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:00 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Darth Martin
I think Snyder should just consult Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, etc. and in a perfect world THEY would pen the script. Wouldn't mind Nolan and his brother having input as well.
YES! to all of this.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:01 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol. what do you mean?

I picked relatively young guys who are handsome and already have some martial arts skill. MA skills probably aren't a huge necessity for the role since Batman wears a mask and you can have a stand-in for the fight scenes; but even then, i don't think Urban is handsome or charming enough to pull off the Bruce Wayne part of the role, at least not based on what I've seen from him.

thumb up

Honestly, I was just ****ing with you. Honestly, Bomer and Ackles are good picks, imo. The others, even for a young Bruce, wouldn't be on my list, but alas...

With Urban, I honestly think he has the right look and range to play a grown-up Bruce. If they're gonna go with someone in the same range as Cavill, then obviously Bomer or Ackles would be better choices. That said, I'd rather see Bomer with a dye job as Aquaman.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:03 AM
ares834

Honestly, I trust Snyder for the visual aspect of the movie, but he needs to be reigned in by a good writer. I don't trust Goyer due to him being the guy that had such a huge influence on the Nolan trilogy, and even with him and Snyder working together, I'd still want someone else helping to get the mythology of the character brought to life.

Agreed. Snyder will give us "comic book" Batman which I am really looking forward to. Goyle is the one I'm worried about. He is just not a great script writer without some assistance. And Snyder is not the guy to help him write the script (Sucker Punch lol).

Wayne is helping to rebuild Metropolis. Wayne sees Superman as a very dangerous being, albeit one with good intentions (like Lenny in Of Mice and Men). At the same time, Superman is giving interviews to Lois, trying to reassure people and trying to make amends for the lives that were lost during Zod's attack. So Batman and Superman square off, while Luthor is trying to get both Wayne and Superman out of Metropolis.

Batman and Superman, in true hero fashion, unite to stop the bigger threat, and by the end of the movie they're on amicable terms, to the point that we get to see their bromance begin to blossom.

thumb up

Heck, Wayne could even be involved in rebuilding Metropolis. That said Superman needs someone to punch; Metallo could could work in that role.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:07 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Him using the quote from DKR really bugs me, tbh. He could just be using it as it's a famous quote from Batman to Clark, and that would be fine, but I hope it's nothing more than that.

Snyder, from interviews, honestly strikes me as someone who wants to make it the right way, and the way he spoke about MOS had me optimistic. I really hope he isn't going to **** it all up by fawning all over Batman.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:11 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

==

I can;t wait to see Kal get beat up by Bruce big grin

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:13 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I can;t wait to see Kal get beat up by Bruce big grin

Change your sig.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:16 AM
Darth Martin

If they're going to go that route then I think they should go with a more seasoned and experienced Batman/Bruce Wayne. One who will not only have the technology to not be made a joke by Superman and to have the business savvy to be in Metropolis doing politics with the likes of Luthor.

Honestly, just copy this.

Replace Joker with Metallo who will be created by S.T.A.R. Labs(secret sub-entity of LexCorp).

I'm ****ing hyped for this.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:17 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Change your sig.

I will soon.. not sure what though

Originally posted by Darth Martin
If they're going to go that route then I think they should go with a more seasoned and experienced Batman/Bruce Wayne. One who will not only have the technology to not be made a joke by Superman and to have the business savvy to be in Metropolis doing politics with the likes of Luthor.

Honestly, just copy this.

Replace Joker with Metallo who will be created by S.T.A.R. Labs(secret sub-entity of LexCorp).

I'm ****ing hyped for this.

early rumors were that this batman will be in his second year, but that could change..

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:20 AM
Darth Martin

We've already seen an early Batman. Think it's time we had a change.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:29 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i hope there's a timeskip to where Metropolis is already rebuilt. I don't wanna see the movie bogged down by that crap. It's okay if people still don't fully trust or like Superman, but an entire movie of hearing about how he needs to leave the planet (basically having thousands of J Jonah Jameson's) would be lame. Just have Lois tell us about his heroics over the past however many years, and how he has won over a lot of people.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:30 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i hope there's a timeskip to where Metropolis is already rebuilt. I don't wanna see the movie bogged down by that crap. It's okay if people still don't fully trust or like Superman, but an entire movie of hearing about how he needs to leave the planet (basically having thousands of J Jonah Jameson's) would be lame. Just have Lois tell us about his heroics over the past however many years, and how he has won over a lot of people.

oh, superman should be, for the most part, widely loved. he still did save the entire planet. I was thinking more like a loud minority; kind of like the Godfrey stuff. And of course Luthor.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:32 AM