KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
. 1 100.00%
. 0 0%
Total: 1 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Started by: focus4chumps

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (638): « First ... « 633 634 [635] 636 637 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
laughing out loud

Well they did change his origin, so who knows how much he knows of the surface world.

Story's using an amnesia angle, where he bonked his head and forgot he could swim.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 10:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean Batman is rich and not only that he is kind of a rich douche so he has probably had a lot of sushi probably at some point. How many friends of Aquaman has just Batman alone potentially consumed? Or like friends of a friend, or distant relatives of those fish friends.

Plus didn't Clark Kent work on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean at one point lol. Aquaman is going to cry himself to sleep at night after meeting these people. Is it possible to cry underwater? We'll probably at least get that question answered thanks to Aquaman.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 10:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Robtard
Story's using an amnesia angle, where he bonked his head and forgot he could swim.

The amnesia angle could work. He could have a line in the movie like "Why the fuq did I get all these stupid tattoos?"

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 10:30 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So potentially Aquaman could..eat some fish taco's or some shit before he regains his memories. These are positive changes to the mythos.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 10:32 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i just wanna see Arthur talk to fishes lol.. that he is going to sing too

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 10:39 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Surtur
So potentially Aquaman could..eat some fish taco's or some shit before he regains his memories. These are positive changes to the mythos.

If they did that they'd be copying the comics, which they've been hesitant to do so far in several ways.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 10:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Looking at PR's list, one thing always bothered me.

So, you're Superman right, you're crazy psychotic uncle's and aunties comes to kill you and you're brand spanking new planets right? You manage to stop all of them, so tell me, WHY THE **** YOU"LL BE STUPID ENOUGH TO LEAVE THE ****ING SPACESHIP ON THE ****ING PLANET LEFT ****ING UNGUARDED?

Why Zack is still part of this shit perplexes me.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 12:50 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Kevin Conroy talks what he disliked about the movie

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...tman-v-superman

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 01:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by SquallX
Looking at PR's list, one thing always bothered me.

So, you're Superman right, you're crazy psychotic uncle's and aunties comes to kill you and you're brand spanking new planets right? You manage to stop all of them, so tell me, WHY THE **** YOU"LL BE STUPID ENOUGH TO LEAVE THE ****ING SPACESHIP ON THE ****ING PLANET LEFT ****ING UNGUARDED?

Why Zack is still part of this shit perplexes me.

Yet another plot hole.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Kevin Conroy talks what he disliked about the movie

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...tman-v-superman

He's right, but that's what happens when people go on and on about making him like Frank Miller's version.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 02:01 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

A former WB employee goes after the CEO, Zack Snyder and also says that Wonder Woman is a giant mess

http://www.screengeek.net/2016/08/1...r-wonder-woman/

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 03:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Kazenji
A former WB employee goes after the CEO, Zack Snyder and also says that Wonder Woman is a giant mess

http://www.screengeek.net/2016/08/1...r-wonder-woman/

Harsh, but completely true, WB needs to make a lot of changes.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 03:22 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What was that weird thing we see towards the end of the movie right before Lex is discovered in that kryptonian lab thingy? It was like it was living nanites or something that formed a shape and disappeared? Was that Brainiac?

Also after seeing the ultimate edition..I think this is a decent flick. Was it the best super hero movie ever made? No, but I didn't despise the movie like some people seem to.

I also actually had no problem with Batman killing people. He wasn't exactly all psychopathic like the Punisher about the entire thing. Plus is it any worse than the Bale bat? Who burns down a building, killing loads of people, all to avoid killing one criminal(who most likely died in the previously mentioned fire).

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 15th, 2016 at 06:55 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 06:48 PM
Darth Thor

^ Steppenwolf

He was communicating with him through some sort of nanite projection

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 07:11 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

I wasn't a fan of Batman v Superman at all, but the ""That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness that turns good men...cruel" quote from Alfred from the second trailer I felt was one of the only cool moments. Just the look of pure, utter rage on Ben Affleck's face spoke to me. It was haunting. That's how I feel about this whole Trump election. I hate this man. He's an alleged pedophile and rapist, a known racist, a known scam artist, an Islamophobe, and just an all around scumbag. He's the next Hitler as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not being overdramatic when I say that. I'm 100% dead serious, and anyone who voted for or supported him, I consider no better than a Nazi. I feel that civil war is coming. It never really ended imo. So right now, I'm feeling an awful lot like Bruce Wayne seeing Metropolis being destroyed.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2016 12:59 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah if you're American I feel for ya man

Old Post Nov 10th, 2016 08:33 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by -Pr-
Just watched the "Ultimate Edition", and yes, the quotes are intentional. Took notes as I was watching, 'cause I'm weird like that, but first:

TLDR: Better than theatrical, but still not great. Not the complete shit-pile some say it is, but still far less than it should have been.

Okay, thoughts:

--Bruce in Metropolis? Great for the most part.
--Kryptonite being scooped out of the ocean, with NO government there snooping around? Yeah, right.
--Lois in Africa? Eh, not terrible, but a waste of Jimmy. Interesting addition by adding to the CIA stuff though, even if it doesn't always look good under scrutiny.
--Superman was still stupid in just tackling the guy though. As much as I disbelieve Superman killed the guy, he could have done any number of things more in line with the character.
--Gotham stuff? Anything in Gotham involving Batman is the best part(s) of the movie. He's still on the cusp of becoming my favourite live-action Batman. Makes me wish they'd just made a solo Batman movie instead of what we got.
--Superman doesn't care about public perception? Really? One of the examples as to why Snyder doesn't know shit about Superman.
-Batcave looked sweet. Alfred is awesome. Gotham is still great. Nice MOTP reference too.
--Lex junior is ****ing weird, even if the Kryptonite scene wasn't bad. I could see something similar happening in the comics. Yet, they weren't smart enough to remove the candy thing. Seriously guys. You got to re-cut the damn thing and you leave THAT in?
--Wheelchair Wally is a messy, weird story in general. Could have been left out of the movie entirely.
--Got to see more of Perry White. Fishbourne is golden.
--Clark in Gotham was interesting. Really made him seem like a reporter, which definitely helped flesh him out as a character. The random gay kissing was funny too.
--Why is he calling Lois "Lo"?
--Lex and the Senator... Could have been a really good scene, but as usual, writing lets it down in parts.
--Affleck looks more like Bruce Wayne than any actor ever has, imo. Even as an older one, he just has something to him that nobody's had before. The dream in the crypt actually makes sense, as opposed to the other dreams in the movie. And then Bruce wakes up and we see that he's medicating with both pills and alcohol. Nice little touch there I thought. Alfred is still great. They also better show us what happened with Robin in the next Batman movie.
--The Lex party scene is awful while Lex is speaking, but great otherwise. Diana and Clark are solid, but Bruce really shines as he slips from serious to drunk and back again. Even better than Bale's moment in BB imo; just felt more natural to me. Alfred shines again... And then comes the "Boys!" line.
--The Superman saving people montage wasn't bad. Nice contrast with the TV interviews, but they should have shown more of Superman actually interacting with people. Not quite to the level of kissing babies, but they really didn't show enough of people actually LIKING the guy on a personal level. Treating him like a god all of the time was a mistake imo. Superman is supposed to be about the little guy as much as it is the big saves. There was no, god forbid, no "By air is still the safest way to travel" moment. At the very least, they tried to show that he was having trouble with things and questioning his place in the world. That's good Superman.
--Shame about whatserface not being Barbara Gordon.
--I was glad to see them use the "bat branding" as being something that's been made to look like Batman's fault, when it's really not. Shows that Bruce was being played too.
--Good scene between Perry and Clark about dropping the story.
--Gala scene is good, though Diana's voice isn't what I would have hoped for the character.
--I like the Apokolips sequence as it is written/shot (**** yeah Parademons!), but its placement in the story and it being a dream makes no ****ing sense. Flash with a moustache also looks weird as hell.
--Why would the White Portuguese being a ship not come up in any one of the million searches he would have run before? Dumb plot, is why.
--More Clark Kent as a reporter stuff. Really helped the movie as a whole, and not just for making Batman out to be a real bastard.
--Murdermobile scene is "meh" right up until Superman tears the bloody doors off (I mean, really, he has no interest in the truck Batman is chasing?). That interaction wasn't bad. I had originally thought "why wouldn't Superman just take him in right there?". The answer is that he's Superman; he gives people second chances (though with better dialogue than we got here).
--Martha scene? Fine. Lead-up to the press-conference scene? Fine too. Holly Hunter changing her mind and having doubts? Good, even if it changes the entire tone of the following scene. Bruce Wayne's suit? Shit. Wayne is a snappier dresser than that. The scene itself? All kinds of meh once Superman goes inside. Before that, with the crowd etc? That was good, really showed how differing the opinions were. But the whole bomb thing? Plot induced stupidity; Superman is supposed to be faster than that. And they killed Mercy. What a waste.
--LexCorp break-in? Initially I liked it (inverted takedown ftw), but Batman should be smart enough not to get caught on CCTV. Unless of course, he just didn't care.
--Superman was never real scene at Lois's hotel room... Bleh. Really not a great scene at all.
--Lex in the Kryptonian ship wasn't bad, even if him somehow gaining control seems shoddy at best. Batman's training was good if a tad ridiculous.
--Computer files on the metahumans is just stupid. Makes no real sense, and only serves a shoddily written plot. Literally the only interesting thing I thought was seeing the picture of Diana in 1918.
--Lois figuring out about wheelchair guy was interesting, though I found myself wondering if Superman couldn't see the bomb, surely he could see that the entire wheelchair was lined with lead? Or could he not hear the bomb's mechanism? Again, showing Snyder just hasn't read up on the character.
--Superman in the snow could have been good, but again, bad writing lets it down. When Jonathan Kent is used in the comics, it's usually far better than this, and makes more sense.
--Scene at Wayne Manor was yet another "Gotham is best" moment, short as it was.
--Martha gets taken. No explanation as to how it was known that she's Superman's mother. Lois being taken is far more understandable, obviously. It would have worked by just using Lois, but then we'd miss out on the wonderful "Martha" moment, wouldn't we.
--Lex's "three syllable word" line is probably his best line in the entire movie.
--Angry, threatening Superman is not really Superman at all. Martha isn't that far away, but apparently super-hearing is broken?
--"He'll help me or he'll die. No-one stays good in this world". What kind of shitty writing is that?
--The email scene is bollocks. Pure, awful bollocks. And that's not how you hold a damn trident. The only decent part, imo, is the Cyborg thing, but that should have been used in a different way. Not in a poxy email.
--The fight between Batman and Superman: I wanted to like it more than I did. Superman genuinely feels like he doesn't want to fight, but he doesn't talk nearly as much as he should, and then he starts tossing Batman around like a ****ing ragdoll. The action itself is well-done, and it does look really good at times too. He's just too violent as Superman for my tastes. Though I laughed out loud when Batman is punching him, and Superman's durability steadily returns up until Bruce's next punch doesn't even phase Clark. Batman gets that "aww shit" look on his face.
--The end of the fight is awful, as everyone knows. Awfully awful. Martha? What about Jan? It's all Martha, Martha, Martha.
--Warehouse scene: Single best action scene in the entire movie, murderplane or no murderplane. Fantastic, and shows Snyder's strengths in a movie that showcases all of his weaknesses. Even the crate to the face was awesome.
--Dumbass Lois dropping the spear in the water.
--The creation of Doomsday would have fitted Bizarro far better. He looks like shit. Even taking in to account the look and how bad it is, he's far too big size-wise to look good on-screen. If he'd been Hulk size, it would have been far better.
--As someone who really enjoyed the ending fight in MoS, i thought the fight between DD and the trio was just not that great at all. The scale of destruction was pretty cool, but that's about it for me. And that stupid bit with the nuke too: Snyder should just blow Frank Miller already. Lois knew about the spear? Really? Who told her? Diana looked great though, which is something I guess. The lasso too. I still don't like her voice. Where is the slow motion, used so well in things like 300? Characters fighting at super-speed is exactly what slow motion is designed to show off. lol @ him hearing Lois but not being able to hear Martha earlier.
--One part I will admit I liked, was after Doomsday stabs him, Superman gives no ****s and actually pulls himself closer so he can stab the spear deeper. I mean, sure, he could have just thrown it and it never would have been needed, but... Yeah.
--Sucky, predictable ending. lol @ Bruce creating the Justice League though; wtf. You can tell how few comics Snyder has read.

#retweet

Old Post Nov 12th, 2016 08:05 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

I really enjoyed Man of Steel. I thought it was a visual and auditory masterpiece. The final fight between Superman and Zod nailed the concept of two nigh indestructible beings punching and smashing the tar out of each other, building and building to the point where Clark finally has to do the unthinkable to him: taking another life.

My biggest complaints with BvS are on a foundational level: the script and direction. However, the two biggest and most climatic moments in the film had major issues: the titular fight felt unearned and the trio vs Doomsday fell flat.

As I've stated before, I liked BvS, but I can understand, perhaps more than any other movie I've ever enjoyed, why people could hate it. Not dislike. Flat-out hate it.

Might go down in history as the most epic bad movie ever made.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2016 08:12 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Michael Shannon Admits To Falling Asleep While Watching BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batm...-batman-a146785

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 03:18 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Inhuman
Michael Shannon Admits To Falling Asleep While Watching BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

rolling on floor laughing

By Stoic

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 01:27 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Inhuman

laughing out loud

Logic is so ****ing glorious and really once again highlights the utter stink hole that is the DC extended universe.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 02:09 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote