KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
. 1 100.00%
. 0 0%
Total: 1 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Started by: focus4chumps

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (638): « First ... « 634 635 [636] 637 638 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

peaking of Shannon, he sounds like another butt hurt liberal. laughing out loud

quote:

Michael Shannon tells Trump supporters it's their time to die now https://t.co/Q33gJ3jF4o

— Vulture (@vulture) November 17, 2016

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2016/1...campaign=buffer

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 10:56 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
peaking of Shannon, he sounds like another butt hurt liberal. laughing out loud

As if Republicans weren't butt hurt when Obama got elected.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 12:32 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Shannon saying the movie was garbage is so fitting to the trainwreck that is the DC extended universe. Poor golgo can't even damage control this. Marvel is winning and handily.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 02:40 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Darth Thor

I'm assuming you voted for Hillary? wink

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 08:16 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I don't think he lives in America dude; lucky for him atm.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 08:21 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor

They literally hanged and burned effigies of Obama. But we mustn't talk about that.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 08:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Or how the Black Panthers intimidated people into voting for Obama and stuff like that.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 08:34 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Robtard
They literally hanged and burned effigies of Obama. But we mustn't talk about that.

Nah. Those were all Leftist SJW's in disguise trying to cause trouble for the Peaceful Right. Just like what is happening with Trump.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 08:41 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Or how the Black Panthers intimidated people into voting for Obama and stuff like that.
The Republicans are guilty to such a greater degree for voter suppression. You've named one incident involving 2 members of black panther, I can name a hundred incidents involving actual mainstream conservatives.

Jim Crowe, poll taxes, voter ID laws, gerrymandering... etc...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 09:08 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Firefly218
The Republicans are guilty to such a greater degree for voter suppression. You've named one incident involving 2 members of black panther, I can name a hundred incidents involving actual mainstream conservatives.

Jim Crowe, poll taxes, voter ID laws, gerrymandering... etc...

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/jimcrow/sto...democratic.html

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/383357/

http://humanevents.com/2011/07/10/d...ey-created-him/

Not trying to turn this thread into a political discussion or put anyone down or exalt anyone, but Democrats, historically, are the party of Jim Crow.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 06:31 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by John Murdoch
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/jimcrow/sto...democratic.html

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/383357/

http://humanevents.com/2011/07/10/d...ey-created-him/

Not trying to turn this thread into a political discussion or put anyone down or exalt anyone, but Democrats, historically, are the party of Jim Crow.
Back then the Democrats were a completely different organization, they were the conservative libertarians. The old democrats were confederates in the mid-west and south who fought for slavery.

Over time the old Democratic Party evolved into modern day republicans and a New Democratic Party formed that is progressive and Liberal.

Ultimately progressives have always fought for voting rights. And were those progressives alive today they'd be Democrats.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 08:10 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Tried to watch this. Couldn't get past Afleck as Wayne very easily, but after managing that I just had to turn it off when he was hijacking the LuthorCorp cargo. Batman killing everyone in sight potentially and returning fire with his vulcan cannon or what have you mounted on his vehicle was just too much for me to believe. Maybe I missed out, but I can't imagine that it was worth the watch other than the appearance of future characters, which I can always find out about on YouTube.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 01:50 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Remind me again why people are so butthurt over the scene of Superman snapping Zod's neck in Man of Steel when he already killed his nemesis back in the 80's and then strangling an evil doppelganger of himself to death in Superman III. Either they didn't see the movies or their nostalgia goggles are on a little too tight.

Also, Zack Snyder's Doomsday seems heavily inspired by these classic movies. For one thing, that yellow lightning emanating from his body reeks of Nuclear Man seen in Superman IV. Not to mention the change in his origins where he's created by a corrupt business tycoon already happened with Brainiac in Superman III. Both villains who can adapt to practically any situation yet get destroyed the same day they're born. Coincidence much?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 7th, 2017 at 10:53 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2017 10:50 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

^People getting mad over Supes killing Zod perplexes me as well:

- No access to Phantom Zone = no prison can hold Zod.
- In part of one day, Zod had essentially become Superman's equal, and his soldier genetics and training would have put him head and shoulders above Clark in another day or so.
- Thus, a rookie Superman did what he had to do.

The issue I see going forward with the DCEU is how they will fit in Superman not plot-wise - he'll obviously be back at the end of Justice League and be their leader for future movies - but how they'll fit this brooding, unsure-of-himself superbeing into the universe. We've got brooding, jaded Batman, we've got brooding, jaded-looking Aquaman, it even looks like Cyborg - especially if it follows New 52/Justice League War Cyborg's origins - will have some angst and gloom about him. Everyone can't be the ominous guy with only Flash as comic relief and Wonder Woman as the honorable warrior.

I really like Cavill as Superman, and I would like to see WB commit to developing the character rather than just putting all the eggs in the Batman basket.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2017 06:41 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...4b0aac624846eb5

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 04:03 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by John Murdoch
^People getting mad over Supes killing Zod perplexes me as well:

- No access to Phantom Zone = no prison can hold Zod.
- In part of one day, Zod had essentially become Superman's equal, and his soldier genetics and training would have put him head and shoulders above Clark in another day or so.
- Thus, a rookie Superman did what he had to do.

The issue I see going forward with the DCEU is how they will fit in Superman not plot-wise - he'll obviously be back at the end of Justice League and be their leader for future movies - but how they'll fit this brooding, unsure-of-himself superbeing into the universe. We've got brooding, jaded Batman, we've got brooding, jaded-looking Aquaman, it even looks like Cyborg - especially if it follows New 52/Justice League War Cyborg's origins - will have some angst and gloom about him. Everyone can't be the ominous guy with only Flash as comic relief and Wonder Woman as the honorable warrior.

I really like Cavill as Superman, and I would like to see WB commit to developing the character rather than just putting all the eggs in the Batman basket.

Yeah, Zod's snapped neck is literally the least worst thing about MoS. That part made sense. It's everything that led up to it which didn't.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 04:04 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I didn't have a prob with the Neck Snapping. Its not like there was a Super Jail in that world. It was that or some kind of Super Power Removal silliness. I had issue with the fact that the movie was to emo and gritty and no one was in the least lkeable.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 07:16 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Lol. This movie was so bad, its actually up for a Razzie.

http://screenrant.com/2017-razzie-a...atman-superman/

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 10:06 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by tkitna
Lol. This movie was so bad, its actually up for a Razzie.

http://screenrant.com/2017-razzie-a...atman-superman/

It deserves all of the awards. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 12:09 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Was the Assassin's Creed movie that bad for it to be on there too? Haven't seen it but kinda feel sorry for it since it never had much chance to succeed with the strong stigma against video game films.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 12:14 PM