KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Man Of Steel Sequel to star with Batman?

Man Of Steel Sequel to star with Batman?
Started by: SquallX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SquallX

Man Of Steel Sequel to star with Batman?

How do you guys feels about that?

Personally, i feel it to be a dumb move on WB's part to move forward with said project.

Instead of making solo projects, and start introducing the rest of JL, they decided to make this movie instead.

After Man Of Steel, what can Batman bring to the table to be considered a treat to Kal?

Before you claims Kryptonite, Kal could just easily float in the air and nuke Batman with heat vision, or drop a skyscraper on him.

I personally thinks this is a stupid team up.

What's are you're thoughts on this matter KMC?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 10:24 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Man Of Steel Sequel to star with Batman?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX

After Man Of Steel, what can Batman bring to the table to be considered a treat to Kal?

Before you claims Kryptonite, Kal could just easily float in the air and nuke Batman with heat vision, or drop a skyscraper on him.

There will clearly be PIS and CIS involved. I would love to see Batman mess with Supes head though.

I personally thinks this is a stupid team up.

Dude it's the World's Finest.

Though I would personally prefer it with Wonder Woman too, so that we can have a proper Hero clash, like Thor vs Hulk in Avengers.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 12:17 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Re: Re: Man Of Steel Sequel to star with Batman?

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
There will clearly be PIS and CIS involved. I would love to see Batman mess with Supes head though.

Dude it's the World's Finest.

Though I would personally prefer it with Wonder Woman too, so that we can have a proper Hero clash, like Thor vs Hulk in Avengers.

I actually hate most of the World's Finest arcs. With a few of done been done right.

Agreed with the Wonder Woman thing though.

The thing i know am gonna hate about this movie, is through PIS/CIS, Kal will be dumb out to make Batman look cool, which in my opinion would be stupid and pointless story telling.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 02:13 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I hate it.

I never wanted to see Superman and Batman on the screen together, unless it was absolutely necessary, like in a JL movie.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 02:26 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Of course Superman's gonna job and job hard.

I just hope that after said jobbing, there's a moment where Batman clearly sees and or admits that Superman could end him in a moment's notice with like 0.1% effort.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 02:34 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

As a kid, I used to think the Superman-Batman team-up in World's Finest was ridiculous. Indeed, what could a mere man who dresses like a bat bring to the table in helping a demigod. But then, Superman:TAS handled their meeting quite well, I thought (even if Batman did give an unsuspecting Superman a judo flip). And the Superman/Batman series by DC was excellent.

This could work.

And as much as I would like to see Wonder Woman, she could actually be harder to bring off on the big screen (it's been problematic; that's why there hasn't been a movie or even a new TV series); and Batman would be more logical cuz he is generally considered #2 in the DC pantheon. And given Cav-El is not that experienced or powerful yet with his abilities, a tactical-thinking Batman could prove to have some assets this Superman could use.

This could work. Maybe the Superman/Batman series should be the writers' guide.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 02:44 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by JakeTheBank

I just hope that after said jobbing, there's a moment where Batman clearly sees and or admits that Superman could end him in a moment's notice with like 0.1% effort.

I'm not sure it needs to be said because I think it's just perfectly clear that toe to toe there's no contest at all. Batman doesn't even have any powers. Everyone knows his head would be snapped off in a split second if thats what Supes wanted.

That said I really hope Batman brings all his assets to the table to show audiences that there is a point to this team up.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 03:11 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Mindship
As a kid, I used to think the Superman-Batman team-up in World's Finest was ridiculous. Indeed, what could a mere man who dresses like a bat bring to the table in helping a demigod. But then, Superman:TAS handled their meeting quite well, I thought (even if Batman did give an unsuspecting Superman a judo flip). And the Superman/Batman series by DC was excellent.

This could work.

And as much as I would like to see Wonder Woman, she could actually be harder to bring off on the big screen (it's been problematic; that's why there hasn't been a movie or even a new TV series); and Batman would be more logical cuz he is generally considered #2 in the DC pantheon. And given Cav-El is not that experienced or powerful yet with his abilities, a tactical-thinking Batman could prove to have some assets this Superman could use.

This could work. Maybe the Superman/Batman series should be the writers' guide.

Like what really?

The only thing Batman have over Kal is money, and that's pushing it.

If Kal wanted, he can be just as rich as Bruce, if not more so.

I clearly don't see what Batman can bring to the table that Kal can't.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 03:14 PM
Darth Thor

Like what really?

The only thing Batman have over Kal is money, and that's pushing it.

If Kal wanted, he can be just as rich as Bruce, if not more so.

I clearly don't see what Batman can bring to the table that Kal can't.

It doesn't matter that he could be rich if he wanted. The fact is he isn't. If a new threat emerges he doesn't suddenly go "I need to quickly make a Billion dollars so I have the resources to find out this guys weakness."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 03:23 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Like what really?
You didn't like the Superman/Batman series?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 03:25 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

You didn't like the Superman/Batman series?

The Batman judo flipping was bullshit at his finest.

As a whole i liked the series, but i just hated when they team up.

Another cringed worthy moment was the triangle between Clark/Lois/Bruce.

Lois spent all this time smoothing Superman, then Bruce comes out of nowhere and she's falling him and finding out his Batman.

Pretty sure the movie took place after Lois was transported to an alternate world were she died and Superman went dark.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 03:56 PM
ares834

Considering Lois already knows about how Clark is Superman I doubt we have to worry about a love triangle.

As for the inevitable confrontation, I have no doubt that Batman will use every advantage available and will still only be able to stalemate Superman despite the fact that Supes will be holding back.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 04:53 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Just a few years ago, the most powerful words one could utter on KMC was, "Batman with prep."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 04:57 PM
SquallX

Just a few years ago, the most powerful words one could utter on KMC was, "Batman with prep."

Prep is all good and all, but useless when the guy you're fighting can laser you from space.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:25 PM
Darth Thor

Prep is all good and all, but useless when the guy you're fighting can laser you from space.

Yeah but it's not in character for him to do that to a human.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:55 PM
ares834

And yet, Superman does not do that! If Lex can be a threat to Superman, I fail to see how Batman can't.

Edit: Ninja'd

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 06:55 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm stoked for this.. Can't wait for Kal to get batkicked, which I know will happen because lets face it, WB will give this new Batman every opportunity to win fans over.. I have already figured out the story though big grin ... Kal and Bruce will fight periodically then realize the bigger threat so then its time to team upto take him out

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 07:11 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I have already figured out the story though big grin ... Kal and Bruce will fight periodically then realize the bigger threat so then its time to team upto take him out

Haha you must have inside information!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 10:07 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Haha you must have inside information!

yea i do.. lolol.. but it really isn't too hard to figure out.. i gotta think that Bruce will come to town for some reason, he could very well throw around his money.. Goyer could take a cue from Superman/Batman:World's Finest and have them instantly know something about each other..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 10:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

You know Luthor is going to be in this movie also. Should be interesting.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2013 11:02 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote