KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Mayweather-Pacquiao.

Mayweather-Pacquiao.
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dynamix

Ahhh i was afraid this was gonna happen. Floyds elusiveness plus his clinch strategy....

Come on Manny. Just let it loose

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 04:05 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Mayweather is just too prepared. This fight is only gonna get worse from here. A real shame. Fight of the century my ass.

Pacquiao's only chance is to get a knockout. He is NOT winning on points

Last edited by Dark-Kenshin on May 3rd, 2015 at 04:22 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 04:09 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

Agreed. Round is going by too fast lol

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 04:26 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

What a garbage fight that was. I think I'm done with boxing.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 04:46 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I know it's too early..
But I think Manny's career is finally over.
Good luck to his future business and political ambitions.

Too bad Father Time caught up with his speed and technique.
First Lineal Champion in boxing; still a HoF'er in my book.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 04:58 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I know it's too early..
But I think Manny's career is finally over.
Good luck to his future business and political ambitions.

Too bad Father Time caught up with his speed and technique.
First Lineal Champion in boxing; still a HoF'er in my book.
Not early at all. Mayweather made him look like a clown. A sad sad clown Literally. Watch the 12th round again. He toyed with him. Made him look like a joke. I called this fight as a loss just watching the first 10 seconds alone. This was an awful fight for him and really awful for the sport. The people who actually paid money to watch "the fight of the century" are gonna be disappointed and are surely going to be less willing to do it again. This sport is dying and this fight secured its foot in the grave.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 05:09 AM
TheTyrant
Slaughterhouse

Floyd clowned him plain and simple. Pacquio kept going in throwing barrage of punches which Floyd shook them off and blocked/danced around. Greatest of all time and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 05:18 AM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by TheTyrant
Floyd clowned him plain and simple. Pacquio kept going in throwing barrage of punches which Floyd shook them off and blocked/danced around. Greatest of all time and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
Lol, nope. Leonard (prime) would destroy Mayweather no different than he did his father. Robinson (prime) would KO him within five rounds. Mayweather is simply fortunate enough to have competed in a generation that actually favors his sleep inducing style. Ali pulled the biggest upset in boxing history. Mayweather is great, but not the best of all time.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 05:23 AM
Stringer
Hai

Simply the best. Hats off to Floyd.

Arrogant ****, but he deserves it.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 05:27 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

I'd love to be paid 100 million dollars to hug and dance with some guy while flailing my arms every once in a while

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 05:39 AM
TheTyrant
Slaughterhouse

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Lol, nope. Leonard (prime) would destroy Mayweather no different than he did his father. Robinson (prime) would KO him within five rounds. Mayweather is simply fortunate enough to have competed in a generation that actually favors his sleep inducing style. Ali pulled the biggest upset in boxing history. Mayweather is great, but not the best of all time.
Nah the athletes of today are far far better-conditioned with far superior and more developed training regiments. You can't compare Sugar Ray who fought so many decades ago in an era where modern boxing was still relatively new and people weren't half as athletic as they are now to Floyd who has been dominating his craft for over a decade in today's era. Floyd is simply the greatest of all time.

Last edited by TheTyrant on May 3rd, 2015 at 07:20 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 07:15 AM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicSurfer

You know what's really sad? Maidana put up a better fight against Money than Pacquiao did.

The real reason Manny didn't cut loose is actually quite simple: he didn't want to relive what Marquez did to him. You just can't recover from a KO like that. Which is why Pac was so hesitant, because Floyd is a superior version of Juan Manual Marquez by a wide margin.

There's also a claim that Manny injured his right shoulder before the fight. But I think that really holds no substance since he stunned Floyd with a right hand at round 4 immediately following up with a flurry.

One major disadvantage Manny had was his shorter reach. Floyd has unusually long arms for his size and height.

Last edited by CosmicSurfer on May 3rd, 2015 at 06:32 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 06:21 PM
CosmicSurfer is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicSurfer a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicSurfer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

Floyd performance was impressive. He made Manny fight his (floyd) fight. Not an easy feat as manny is usually the ring general.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 06:40 PM
CosmicSurfer

What really disappointed me is that Manny followed the exact same failed script as the other 47 contenders that have already tried.

They say the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and over again.

So it begs the question, what on earth was Roach's supposed top secret strategy to break Floyd's defense?

Because clearly, we didn't see it last night.

This was the easiest fight Floyd has had. He was on cruise control.

Fight of the century, my foot.

'Hype of the century' is so much more like it.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 08:41 PM
CosmicSurfer is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicSurfer a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicSurfer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicSurfer

Originally posted by dynamix
Floyd performance was impressive. He made Manny fight his (floyd) fight. Not an easy feat as manny is usually the ring general.

It's next to impossible being a ring general when your opponent is an unparallelled master at back-peddling on a bicycle.

I was watching a game of 'Tag, you're it.'

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 08:45 PM
dynamix

I really hope his corner was NOT telling him he was winning. During the post fight interview, he told max kellerman he thought he was winning???

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 09:41 PM
CosmicSurfer

Originally posted by dynamix
I really hope his corner was NOT telling him he was winning. During the post fight interview, he told max kellerman he thought he was winning???

I can see how Manny feels that way.

From his point of view, he landed the hardest shots. While Mayweather landed jabs and pillow-fisted pop shots.

He probably feels he hurted Mayweather more than the other way around, I guess.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 10:08 PM
dynamix

Thats true. Yea its often different frim an in-ring perspective.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 10:51 PM
TheTyrant
Slaughterhouse

(please log in to view the image)

For anyone who hasn't seen it.

Old Post May 4th, 2015 02:31 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by CosmicSurfer

The real reason Manny didn't cut loose is actually quite simple: he didn't want to relive what Marquez did to him. You just can't recover from a KO like that. Which is why Pac was so hesitant, because Floyd is a superior version of Juan Manual Marquez by a wide margin.

I completely agree.

He's never been the same since he got KO'd by PED-induced JMM.

This fight would've been relevant back when Manny had the speed and that unorthodox stance and technique that he used to have 5 years ago.

EDIT:
Mayweather said in the post-fight conference that his last fight will be a non-title bout, and he will relinquish all of his titles to give chances for other upcoming fighters.

He added he doesn't care about Rocky Marciano's streak. He will retire after his last fight in September.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on May 4th, 2015 at 05:41 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2015 05:30 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote