KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
Started by: joesha28

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (45): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
Like a Juggernaut with no Cyttorak? Or no Cain and X being related?

Or like a Batman trilogy with no Boy Wonder?

Or like Pa Kent dying from "not a heart attack"?

Or Rouge with no flight or strength?

Or a Dr Doom with no...... uh....... DOOM!

These movies care nothing for source material! sad

True but we kind of expect better from Marvel studios itself. I've been pretty disappointed in the diversion from source material of Marvel's Phase II so far, starting with IM3's Mandarin and now with Ultron's changed origin.

Tbh I wouldn't even have minded Stark and Pym building Ultron together(but mainly Pym) because then it would really be like- The Avengers created this guy. But unless Banner is going to help build it(unlikely as Cybernetics is not his thing) the films has a huge risk of being all about Tony & friends.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 11:46 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I don't know what's peoples deal is with all this stuff

they can accept different universes with the comics with the different variations with the characters

but when it comes to the movies.....nope i better flip out.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 12:43 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Originally posted by Kazenji
I don't know what's peoples deal is with all this stuff

they can accept different universes with the comics with the different variations with the characters

but when it comes to the movies.....nope i better flip out.

Look @ my screen name

Then look at all the Tony vs Ultron fights...

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 02:35 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Live action movies don't need to be exactly like the comics. People need to realize that and quit crying over it already.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 02:54 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

So...What happened to Thanos? Guess his reveal at the end of Avengers was pointless?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 04:29 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Live action movies don't need to be exactly like the comics. People need to realize that and quit crying over it already.

Slight discrepancies are fine but completely diverging from the source material only annoys fans and never leads to anything good in terms of the movie quality.

There's enough comic book movies now to understand this simple formula: Sticking to Source Material = The Best Movies.

Originally posted by emporerpants
So...What happened to Thanos? Guess his reveal at the end of Avengers was pointless?

They're saving him for the big finish in Avengers 3.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 04:47 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Alright, cool. Thanks!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 05:02 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Slight discrepancies are fine but completely diverging from the source material only annoys fans and never leads to anything good in terms of the movie quality.

There's enough comic book movies now to understand this simple formula: Sticking to Source Material = The Best Movies.

They're saving him for the big finish in Avengers 3.
I disagree. Hardcore fans are the only ones irritated here as they are the only ones aware of the sure material. Movies are a different medium so I don't mind when they diverge. Comics are co is and movies are movies. Just relax.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 05:16 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Phase 2 is about internal affairs such as creation turned wrong. Plus I think they want Ultron out before DC decides to use Brainiac for Superman or JLA. Thanos might be in the third. Rumor has it he'll show up in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 05:25 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The puppet master doesn't have to be the central villain of the second Avengers film. Mariel's plans are grander than Dc's. Pieces are in motion.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 05:28 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

What annoys me more than the changes to the canon is the giant dump they are taking on Hank Pym, a founding avenger.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 05:30 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Don't we already know that as per pitch for the Ant-man movie, Pym is either dead or old as f@ck? He is the 60s Ant-man, and the movie is about Scott Lang becoming his successor.

Anyway I'm all for a stream lined movie continuity that ignores / removes redundancies. Ultron's Oedipus Complex is what's important, it doesn't need to be focused at Pym, Stark would work just as well... probably better because movie audiences ready care about him.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 09:19 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Ultron's Oedipus Complex is what's important, it doesn't need to be focused at Pym, Stark would work just as well... probably better because movie audiences ready care about him.

Hey I love IM, but I'm not in favor of everything in Avengers revolving around him. I want Thor and Cap to play bigger roles this time.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 12:42 AM
Femi32

Originally posted by juggerman
Like a Juggernaut with no Cyttorak? Or no Cain and X being related?

I agree.

quote:
Or like a Batman trilogy with no Boy Wonder?

I disagree. Not having Robin can easily be seen as not having him, yet. Besides, we already knew Nolan's Batman wouldn't adhere to the source material, because it was realistic. Also, Schumacher killed having Robin in the previous Batman trilogy.

quote:
Or like Pa Kent dying from "not a heart attack"?

I disagree to an extent. He died of old age in the comics and only died of the heart attack in Post-crisis when Braniac was involved. I heard WB considered cutting the tornado scene for fear of insensitivity to Oklahoma victims. After seeing Clark let Jonathan die at Jonathan's request, I wish they did cut it. I understood the point of it, but they could've handled it better by having him killed by an angry civilian (after he saw Clark save Jonathan) or just have him die from some disease.

quote:
Or Rouge with no flight or strength?

I disagree. Those were never her initial powers. Just abilities she stole from Ms. Marvel when she joined the X-Men. Didn't she lose them by the way?

quote:
Or a Dr Doom with no...... uh....... DOOM!

I agree. Fox got it all wrong.

quote:
These movies care nothing for source material! sad

For the most part, but sometimes it's a good thing: Jarvis being a computer instead of a butler, crystal Krypton, and hang-gliding Nolan Batman.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 03:01 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Hey I love IM, but I'm not in favor of everything in Avengers revolving around him. I want Thor and Cap to play bigger roles this time.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 03:04 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
^^ Why don't you think Ultron would be a challenge for the team? Surely, it's not based off of the comics, because in the comics, Ultron routinely takes on entire teams of Avengers (including big guns such as Thor) and wins.

The movie is supposed to be on a more "personal" level, so yeah, odds are Tony invents Ultron (or JARVIS does), which essentially undermines the shit out of Hank Pym. If anything, I wish they did what they did in Avengers: EMH!; Stark and Pym both worked on Ultron, but Pym did most of the work.

I know Ultron got the better of the Avengers in comics a couple of times..where he take control of the tech. But having a cyborg for a villain eeks me.. Marvel's other movie X-men: Days of future past, going to have lots of Sentinels. Again lots of robots.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 03:26 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Originally posted by JayDaDon
What annoys me more than the changes to the canon is the giant dump they are taking on Hank Pym, a founding avenger.

Just par the course...

Marvel for some reason hates Hank Pym, look how many times Cap is refered to as a founding Avenger and original leader
-neither is true

Or Stark was the smartest avenger

Or Wasp was more than a "Robin" originally...

I just don't understand it...

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 03:48 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

bump

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2013 03:24 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

other than robert, chris evans and scarjo, does anyone know whether or not jeremy renner and chris hemsworth have signed back on

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 4th, 2013 03:31 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

renner yes

Hemmsworth i think is still under his original i believe he had a 3 movie deal after Thor 1

so avengers, Thor 2,Avengers 2

bigger question is does Downey stay on post phase two?

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 7th, 2013 11:39 AM