KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
Started by: joesha28

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (45): « First ... « 43 44 [45]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Inhuman
Icey Dead People

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: His gauntlets or whatever they are sure do look like that.

im guessing to enhance his punching power

Old Post May 18th, 2015 10:30 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: His gauntlets or whatever they are sure do look like that.

You wouldn't happen to know were this is from, Seen it from ScreenCrush when they regarding the Crossbones pictures

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 18th, 2015 12:37 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ I think it's from volume 5 of Captain America. The one Brubaker and McNiven launched. That's Patrick Zirchers artwork I think when he took over.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post May 18th, 2015 12:47 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Finally seen AoU.

Wasn't terribly bad, wasn't incredibly good. Enjoyed it a bit, some scenes more, some scenes less, as probably every Marvel fan did.

While certainly not a masterpiece, it's definitely an important MCU installment. Was glad to see the minor characters, like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Falcon, War Machine and Erik Selvig, even.

Can't wait for Russo brothers to give a shot at it.

Yeah have to agree. Not awful but not great. As popcorn entertainment it was OK to throw away a couple of hours on, judging it on any higher level as piece of "cinema" it doesn't stand up that well. The plot was kind of lacklustre and contrived, the villain not exactly the most menacing bad guy around.

I did enjoy seeing Vision, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch join the team, even if Vision's acceptance felt a little rushed. The shared universe thing was quite well done.

They changed SW's powers more than I liked - the mind control thing just seemed to be thrown in purely because the movie needed it as a plot device. In fact every time she used it it ended up just being there to push some part of the plot - Tony's vision at the start starting the whole thing and leading to Ultron, Hulk's rampage making him leave the team, Thor's vision about Vision. Plot device and kind of lazy writing IMO.

It was good to see them make use of WM and Falcon, but I'd rather see more of the original team than these New Avengers.

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I believe we've seen the absolute limit of what Whedon can do with the franchise(meant in a good AND bad way). It's the perfect time for him to move on.
Agreed. Let someone else see if they can do something more with the concept.

Last edited by basilisk on Jun 1st, 2015 at 04:50 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 04:48 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Joss Whedon has cooled on the idea of a director's cut; says he's feeling lazy right now. stick out tongue (Or maybe Marvel & Kevin Feige told him it wouldn't happen.)

http://collider.com/joss-whedon-on-...=collidersocial

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 04:50 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote