KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Did anyone see Batman (1989) in the cinema ?

Did anyone see Batman (1989) in the cinema ?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Did anyone see Batman (1989) in the cinema ?

I was only 7 years old when Batman (1989) came out . is there anyone old enough to see this on the big screen ?? how was it ? must have been a great experience .

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 08:43 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I was 20 yrs old when I saw it on the big screen for the 1st time.
A couple friends & I caught the midnight session then hanged out in the city for 4 hours after waiting for the buses to run.
It was a fantastic night blown away by Burton's imagination then walking the city afterwards imagining how real it could've been.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2013 05:06 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

HUH??? There was a Batman film prior to Nolan?? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I saw Batman '89 5 times in theaters

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2013 10:11 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I saw it in the cinema. I was around six years old when it came out, and I remember the queue being as long as the street when my dad brought me to see it. They had large cardboard standees of Batman all over the lobby, and then before the movie started they shone a bat-signal on to the curtains in front of the screen.

Awesome, awesome memory.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2013 10:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
HUH??? There was a Batman film prior to Nolan?? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yes, there's a difference between "A Batman" movie & "The Batman" movie. wink

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2013 05:06 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Yes, there's a difference between "A Batman" movie & "The Batman" movie. wink

well since Nolanverse is the only Batman that counts ... stick out tongue stick out tongue laughing laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 04:30 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I was 20 yrs old when I saw it on the big screen for the 1st time.
A couple friends & I caught the midnight session then hanged out in the city for 4 hours after waiting for the buses to run.
It was a fantastic night blown away by Burton's imagination then walking the city afterwards imagining how real it could've been.

I was also a 20 year old in 1989, and I went to the first Batman 10 times that year. Though Nolan's trilogy would prove to be the definite version of the character, I was just so glad it was a film that took Batman seriously, and the campy 1960's TV series was buried at last in the public's mind.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 07:07 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by roughrider
I was also a 20 year old in 1989, and I went to the first Batman 10 times that year. Though Nolan's trilogy would prove to be the definite version of the character, I was just so glad it was a film that took Batman seriously, and the campy 1960's TV series was buried at last in the public's mind.

I was 3 when that movie came out, so I don't remember if I saw it in the theater or not. I do remember it was this movie and Batman: the Animated Series that made me fall in love with Batman.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 04:52 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

well since Nolanverse is the only Batman that counts ... stick out tongue stick out tongue laughing laughing laughing laughing

Don't make me choose sides between Schumacher & Nolan.

You won't like how messy it will get. confused Happy Dance confused

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 05:40 AM
sindahouse

Yeh I was 12 when I saw it. I remember being a little disappointed but I still had faith in the new direction of batman on film. I still think Burton was the only one to capture to spooky side of Batman and that's what I really liked about the movie. I like Burton's look but Nolans stories. Batman TAS in the 90's really used Burton's look and in my opinion, was the first real success to bring Batman to television.

But to answer you're question, yeh I watched it on the big screen smile

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2013 02:44 PM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I almost did but my mom didn't let me. man I still regret her decision that day. they watched Goodfellas when it came out in theraters that same day too. Missed out on that one too.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 26th, 2013 07:58 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Don't make me choose sides between Schumacher & Nolan.

You won't like how messy it will get. confused Happy Dance confused

don't get me started on schumacher.. big grin

Old Post Aug 26th, 2013 11:48 PM
Mr Parker

yeah waited till it came to the dollar theaters.i figured well i guess i can spend one dollar to watch the worst casting choice in comicbook history michale keaton as batman play the part so I did.thanks to batman begins,i was finally able to wake up from that nightmare that idiot Burton created and started.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2013 04:37 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

I saw Batman '89 5 times in theaters

How are Nolan's films particularly better? The 1989 film seems like a much better Batman film to me. The Dark Knight is a good fim that just so happens to be a Baman film. There's nothng wrong with that, but the 1989 film sems much more of 'A Batman film".

Old Post Oct 21st, 2013 08:46 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote