KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Link (Legend of Zelda) vs. Samus (Metroid)

Link (Legend of Zelda) vs. Samus (Metroid)
Started by: Sacred 117

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Scenario
Thought so, it's a cool image. Samus can fire five missiles, boomerang can have five targets. Assuming it doesn't break because magic, though the Gale could take bomb blasts.

Link calls three allies to fight, making it difficult to get any missiles through. 'K, Samus' ship nukes them from orbit.

That is a pretty sweet image. This would probably be the coolest looking fight in Nintendodom.

For example:
(please log in to view the image)
Also:

x

+

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 09:25 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
That is a pretty sweet image. This would probably be the coolest looking fight in Nintendodom.

Exactly. I've always wondered about these two because both have such rich history to them, so it seems such an even fight. Damn, I wish I could see it! smile

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 09:34 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Sacred 117
Exactly. I've always wondered about these two because both have such rich history to them, so it seems such an even fight. Damn, I wish I could see it! smile

It is my headcanon that Samus is Link's direct descendant.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 09:38 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Shut up.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 09:40 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by NemeBro
Shut up.

Go away.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 09:41 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

It is my headcanon that Samus is Link's direct descendant.

That for some reason makes sense to me. It's a brilliant theory, but that would make the scans you posted extremely wrong. sick However, if they were related, both would have the Triforce.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 09:57 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Sacred 117
That for some reason makes sense to me. It's a brilliant theory, but that would make the scans you posted extremely wrong. sick However, if they were related, both would have the Triforce.
Not if the cycle ended in LoZ II, or she exists in the Downfall timeline.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 10:02 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Have you considered writing this?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 10:30 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Actually, yes. But I think about writing a lot of things and I'm surprisingly lazy.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 10:32 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Hmmm, perhaps we could team up some time? I'll have to do a bit of research, of course.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 10:33 PM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Would be sweet if one of y'all did do this, i'd sure as hell read it.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 10:34 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by COG Veteran
Would be sweet if one of y'all did do this, i'd sure as hell read it.

You're more than welcomed to join me if I write it. Of course, that would have to be ok with Scream. I'd rather not produce his idea without him being part of it though.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 10:37 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I'm hardly the only one to have thought about this. I'm almost certain Scenario's considered Samus descending from Link as possible too, and others must've. They share a certain look and tenacity, the comparison is hard not to draw. Feel free to work on it.

I may pick it up myself. I know what I'd want to happen if I did, but putting the words in order is the hard part.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 10:39 PM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

I couldn't really contribute to the characters, never really played enough of either of these guys but I'd be willing to help with in other areas.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 10:41 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I'm hardly the only one to have thought about this. I'm almost certain Scenario's considered Samus descending from Link as possible too, and others must've. They share a certain look and tenacity, the comparison is hard not to draw. Feel free to work on it.

I may pick it up myself. I know what I'd want to happen if I did, but putting the words in order is the hard part.

I feel ya. I have a vocabulary for writing, but I can never fully line everything out. I know where I want to go with things, but I never know where to start or how to get there. I feel this idea would best be done collaboratively.

Originally posted by COG Veteran
I couldn't really contribute to the characters, never really played enough of either of these guys but I'd be willing to help with in other areas.

Then I recommend you play them. Nintendo has such great material with so much potential for deep storytelling that they never seem to fully capitalize on. Regardless, the franchises are timeless, and you shouldn't miss out any further.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 10:50 PM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Going right for the invincibility, I see.

HYPERMODE GOOOOO

Old Post Aug 12th, 2013 04:36 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by The Scenario
Going right for the invincibility, I see.

HYPERMODE GOOOOO

She may be invulnerable, but she's draining her energy tanks to achieve it! If only she had some DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS CHATEAU ROMANI.

Also, I do not believe that invulnerability makes her immune to... Being held down...

And knocked silly!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2013 08:03 AM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

LINK!

CHATEU ROMANI
+
FIERCE DEIGHTY MASK!!!

Argument is invalid

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2013 12:36 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

She may be invulnerable, but she's draining her energy tanks to achieve it! If only she had some DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS CHATEAU ROMANI.

Who wants to be a milk drinker when she can restore shields WITH THE POWER OF HER MIND.

quote:

Also, I do not believe that invulnerability makes her immune to... Being held down...

And knocked silly!

There is one thing that makes her immune to being held down.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2013 05:52 PM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Was Other M as shittastic as it was made out to be? I never did take to it, but I heard the narrative ruined it, as well as stiff gameplay.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2013 06:28 PM