KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » The Weakest link

The Weakest link
Started by: NotAllThatEvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

The Weakest link

After finding out TP link will be representing Zelda in the new smash bros game again, OoT and SS confront him out of jealousy. After claiming he gets to rep because he's the strongest, all other links challenge him to fight (including the tv show, HH manga, snd cdi games). This quickly escalates to full on battle royale. The battle field: Woohoo island (the setting to wii fit an wii sports resort)

Round 1: each link gets their experience from all mediums they appear in.
Example (OoT+MM+heroshade vs ALttP+LA+OoX etc.)

Round 2: each game/show gets their own rep.
Example (WW vs PH vs AoL etc.)

And no triforce pieces allowed.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 05:26 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Hm...

Round 1 I'd put my money on OoT/MM Link overall.
Round 2 I'm more divided on.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 05:39 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I personally lean torward MM for round 2.

I forgot to mention. Each link starts at the edge of the island out of sight fr om his fellow links.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 05:46 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

MM Link will be far more vulnerable without OoT factored in. No Master Sword means he's vulnerable to the powerful magic the other Links wield and he lacks the physical might of his adult self, though he's still quite durable.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 05:51 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

MM may not be up to snuff stat wise, but his bag of tricks is a lot more versatile than the others. Not to mmention he's the second strongest aquatic fighter. If he can get any link in the water, he pretty much guarantees a win.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 05:56 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

aLttP has greater versatility, imho, and getting the main contenders into water will be difficult for a number of reasons, one being they all have protection from magical means so he'd have to do so physically, and he really should not physically engage someone like his former self.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 06:03 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Darmani would give him a pretty effective hit and run technique.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 06:06 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Link from the show wins obviously. That is if the CD-I Link gets distracted by bombing dodongos.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 06:11 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Darmani would give him a pretty effective hit and run technique.
Hit, sure, but the rest not so much. Several strong Links have iron boots or other methods to stop him. Ice rod/arrows, intangibility, bombs. Imho he's not theleast likely to win, but I don't consider him one of the main contenders without OoT factored in.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 06:15 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Top three?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 06:16 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

That's a tough call to make, but prolly OoT, WW, and aLttP. They all carry the Master Sword and have powerful magic and items to amp their physical might since the ToC has been banned per your OP.

The Master Sword is the largest factor in my favouring any one Link due to it's powerful protective properties.

Due to said properties, magic takes a backseat to physicality. With the ToC factored in I might replace aLttP with TP Link for his more easily proven physical prowess since the Master Sword negates most magical attacks his lack of magic doesn't matter so much here. I don't consider him all that powerful compared to some others, but he'd be a more effective fighter against the other Links than someone who relied on magic.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2013 06:21 AM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Link vs Link vs Link.

Lets see who's better at being... Link

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 02:35 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by COG Veteran
Link vs Link vs Link.

Lets see who's better at being... Link

Probably link. Though that link does show some promise ...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 03:08 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
That's a tough call to make, but prolly OoT, WW, and aLttP. They all carry the Master Sword and have powerful magic and items to amp their physical might since the ToC has been banned per your OP.

The Master Sword is the largest factor in my favouring any one Link due to it's powerful protective properties.

Due to said properties, magic takes a backseat to physicality. With the ToC factored in I might replace aLttP with TP Link for his more easily proven physical prowess since the Master Sword negates most magical attacks his lack of magic doesn't matter so much here. I don't consider him all that powerful compared to some others, but he'd be a more effective fighter against the other Links than someone who relied on magic.

I think you might be over selling the master sword just a bit. The only passive protection it shows in transfiguration protection, and I think only two links have that. According to PH, the dead man's volley is actually a technique that any sword can do. Most of the master sword's powers are related to the triforce (not here) and the temple of time (also not here).

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 03:16 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I think you might be over selling the master sword just a bit. The only passive protection it shows in transfiguration protection, and I think only two links have that. According to PH, the dead man's volley is actually a technique that any sword can do. Most of the master sword's powers are related to the triforce (not here) and the temple of time (also not here).

Nah, the repelling of magic is a property specific of the sword in the games it appears. PH does things differently with different enemies, but this is a capability inherent to the sword, and it protects Link from time manipulation in SS, HH supports it being all purpose protection.

The pedestal has no power of its' own to my knowledge, nor is it tied to any feats relevant to this fight.

No Link without the MS will come out on top.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 03:33 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

A lot of links have alternate time alteration/protection and I thought the master sword's protection was mostly against evil, which all the links aren't (mostly)

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 03:48 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Why does one need the MS to win?

In a thread like this the only factors of the MS is repelling certain magic attacks, protecting from some afflicting magic, being physically stronger than a normal sword and blade beams.

The ToCs protection and gaining a strong sword should close the gap by a chunk, and its not like Linkseses tend to throw around those certain magic attacks.

Linkies?? Linksi? A gaggle of Link's?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 02:00 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

None of them get the ToC in this thread as per the OP, meaning the MS' protection becomes a lot more relevant and is the only thing stopping aLttP Link from AoEing to a win.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 03:13 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Your first mistake was assuming I read the OP.

Alright, but that protection still only covers that single spell.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 03:15 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by BloodRain
Your first mistake was assuming I read the OP.

Alright, but that protection still only covers that single spell.

It covers Spell, Bombos, Ether, Quake, Fire/Ice arrows, (repell those suckers with B!) time manipulation (MM Link's greatest advantage) it'll cut right through most magical protection like the magic armour or nayru's love, etc.

The MS is the single most important piece of equipment in this fight.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 03:18 PM