KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Expendables 3

Expendables 3
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Apr 4th, 2014 07:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MarvelMan02

Mel Gibson is in, then I'm in.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2014 08:26 PM
MarvelMan02 is currently offline Click here to Send MarvelMan02 a Private Message Find more posts by MarvelMan02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

You know, the movies are not great, and some say underwhelming, but I was born in 83 and a lot of these guys are my heroes.I will continue to see them as long as they come out. I have met Chuck in Iraq and Arnold in Cali, both seemed like genuine good guys and I didn't feel like they thought they were better than me. I would really like to meet Sly and Li as well.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2014 08:40 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Arnold looks badass with a beard.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2014 04:07 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2014 07:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
The movie now has a PG-13 rating

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the...ating-in-the-us

I no longer care about it then

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 06:28 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

The movie now has a PG-13 rating

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the...ating-in-the-us
laughing out loud

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 06:29 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah giving a R rating will give it a guaranteed success these days.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 06:43 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

So you think gritty films should be neutered to fulfill box office expectations, that films should care more about profit than artistic merit?

Yeah, a PG-13 rating has effectively killed any interest I had in this film, which is a shame, because I really liked Expendables II (why? Because it was a r-rated bloodfest). Damn shame they have to wrap up a series with such potential on such a weak note.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 11:12 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Lestov16
So you think gritty films should be neutered to fulfill box office expectations, that films should care more about profit than artistic merit?

Even if it was given a R rating, Do you really think it would've made heaps at the box office?..... regardless or it even maybe even being good or not

only certain amount of people go to see those sort of movies as it is

people have just become pussy-fied these days in regards to movies with R rating

i'm also wondering if when it comes to the dvd/Blu-ray release will get a directors cut version with it being uncut.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 5th, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 11:47 AM
zeel

I like the expendables its nice to see a movie that's not litterd with teenage TITALATION and googoo gaggaa crap for a change. Its a nice change from constant reboots and film remakes. The expendables are ORIGINAL and the movie has heart. Stallone pays theses guys outta pocket and the old timers doing this film do the film to have fun they are not in it for the money. Hopefully someday some of the people criticizing this film will get this through their brain. As far as the film being PG-13 who the fuc cares it still can be a good movie. Not a huge difference between PG-13 and R anymore theses days.

Last edited by zeel on Jul 5th, 2014 at 03:30 PM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 03:23 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll still watch it. Probably after I watch the movie I actually paid for #theaterjumping

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 03:31 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Yeah giving a R rating will give it a guaranteed success these days.
Be really violent is one of the few things the movie had going for it.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 04:15 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
Be really violent is one of the few things the movie had going for it.

I hope the script/story is better this time around. If only to make up for the watered down violence.

I'll still go to see Stallone, Statham, Li, Snipes, Schwarzenegger and Ford on the same screen.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 07:37 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Honestly, the 2nd one prolly could've passed off as a PG-13 film itself without any further changes. I mean it was violent, sure, but didn't really have the kind of violence that the first one had.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2014 01:03 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Bout to watch this in a while

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 03:58 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

If you liked/hated the first 2 expendables then you'll feel the same way about this one.

Pretty much the same movie as the last 2.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 08:26 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'll be watching this soon, got my hands on a screener. I expect it to be a turd like 1 and 2.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 04:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I thought it was decent. Admittedly, I enjoyed it for the same reasons I liked the first two (first one more than the second). I like senseless fun and action, I like the in-jokes, and I think that Sly has a great cast who don't take themselves too seriously. Favourite character in this movie: Banderas! At one stage I seriously considered casting him for a Deadpool movie laughing out loud

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 06:21 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

NVM what I said earlier. Just watched this at my barbershop. Definitely the best Expendables they've made. Everybody was great in this and it was action packed. Gibson was definitely on his A game. Ford replacing Willis was a good choice IMO. Snipes was awesome and clearly hasn't lost his edge. The young team were also enjoyable. All in all, it was a fun action-packed popcorn flick. I'll definitely be seeing it in theaters when I get the chance.

7/10

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 12:31 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote