KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » All Versus character sorting thread.

All Versus character sorting thread.
Started by: ScreamPaste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

i voted mid herald...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:10 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sacred 117
I'm still speculative on ranks for Goku and Gogeta. Goku's rank will ultimately determine that.

All right.
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
i voted mid herald...

Sorry I missed you, tired and painkiller doped.

That's two for Mid then.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:12 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

As far as Gogeta is concerned, the lowest I could go is High Herald. Although, Goku could possibly be the same, but I guess that will be left for another day.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:18 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Sacred 117
As far as Gogeta is concerned, the lowest I could go is High Herald. Although, Goku could possibly be the same, but I guess that will be left for another day.

High Herald is a really wide tier. The top end of the tier where the best lanterns, Supes, Surfer and Thor hang out is still far out of the reach of anything I've seen from DBZ.

So Gogeta, Goku, and the PPG remain undefined so far.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:19 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I'll try to refresh my DBZ info tomorrow. Counting sheep for now. I'll let you know if I come up with anything else.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:24 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Who else should we discuss then?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:26 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Back to the PPGs for a moment then.

Votes so far:

1 High meta
2 Low Herald

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:26 AM
ares834

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
High Herald is a really wide tier. The top end of the tier where the best lanterns, Supes, Surfer and Thor hang out is still far out of the reach of anything I've seen from DBZ.

So Gogeta, Goku, and the PPG remain undefined so far.

I'm curious but why?

Even for character such as Superman and Thor destroying a planet is a good feat. Sure, they have feats way beyond that but they have also struggled with far far less. Their average level seems to be around DBZ level.

DBZ characters aren't great physically but their energy attacks more than make up for it IMO. Yes, Supes could probably one shot most DBZ characters with a punch, but at the same time a single energy attack from the higher ups are going to leave Superman in a world of pain.

Last edited by ares834 on Aug 21st, 2013 at 03:41 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:28 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

May i cast a vote for low herald for the girls.

NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

High Meta seems like a decent spot for them.

XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

High meta for PPG due to the fluctuating feats, regardless of how you look at those they would fit perfectly there given everything.

You Wa Shock!

Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Originally posted by XanatosForever
Who else should we discuss then?

I just want to throw in Marcus Fenix. Remember, the guy can completely smash flat a Locust skull even with it's head covered in armor with one stomp of his foot.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:29 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
High meta for PPG due to the fluctuating feats, regardless of how you look at those they would fit perfectly there given everything.
Are you considering all theirweird powers?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:31 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by COG Veteran
I just want to throw in Marcus Fenix. Remember, the guy can completely smash flat a Locust skull even with it's head covered in armor with one stomp of his foot.

So...what, Mid Street?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:31 AM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Didn't catch all of the dbz talk since I'm at work.. Night shift.. But Shouldn't they be divided into relevant stages? Such as vegeta = saiyan saga vegeta, namek saga vegeta, android saga vegeta, buu saga/Majin vegeta. If they fall into the same tier hen I'd imagine they would be combined like saiyan/namek saga vegeta. Or what not. Or just pick time frames and go from there like include early versions and end series versions to cover any relevant base level tier changes (not counting any transformations.)

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:33 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Just way to many then and we would make the tier list a cluster****. Might as well just use peak.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:34 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

So...what, Mid Street?

I guess, might need more people to chime in on that to confirm.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:35 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Marcus is mid street.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:38 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by ares834
Just way to many then and we would make the tier list a cluster****. Might as well just use peak.

True enough, its why i was asking as I was hoping it wouldn't become a dbz dominated listing.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:40 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by ares834
I'm curious but why?

Even for character such as Superman and Thor destroying a planet is a good feat. Sure, they have feats way beyond that but they have also struggled with far far less. Their average level seems to be around DBZ level.

DBZ characters aren't great physically but their energy attacks more than make up for it IMO. Yes, Supes could probably one shot most DBZ characters with a punch, but at the same time a single energy attack from the higher ups are going to leave Superman in a world of pain.
To be clear I was not voting for a tier in that post, just expressing my opinion on relative power.

DBZ characters are much slower and more fragile than top heralds like Thor, Surfer and Supes. Sure, Thor gets jobbed around in team books on occasion but we're told on occasion Thor holds back when he's on Earth, and his showings off of Earth compared to those on Earth fall in line with that.

DBZ characters have good destructive capability with their ki, but that's their defining trait. Physically they're far less imposing, and tbh I don't see the ki attacks working out against most characters in the tier, either because they won't do enough damage or won't hit at all.

Baron Zemo (w/ Moonstones), Cyborg Superman, Dr. Strange (classic), Doomsday (Gog Wars), The Eradicator (Fortress Mode), Genis-Vell, Green Lantern (Hal, Kyle, Alan), Infinity-Man, Majestic, Moonstone (w/ both stones), Quasar, Qztr, Silver Surfer, Sinestro, Spartan 3.0, Stardust, Superman, Swamp Thing, Talisman, Thor, Zoom II (Hunter Solomon)

Most of these characters either have massive versatility and hax such as Doctor Strange, or a huge edge in overall physical formidability like Supes, or a mix of both like Surfer or Thor. Essentially I just don't think they can split with many characters in the tier at all.

Then you have mid heralds:

Adam Warlock, Alexander Nero, Beta Ray Bill, Binary, Bizarro Superman, Black Adam, Black Bolt, Cable (Full Power), Captain Atom, Circe, Cpt. Comet, Captain Marvel (DC), Count Nefaria, Damien Hellstrom, Etrigan, Evinlea, The Fallen One, Firelord, Firestorm, The Flash II (Barry Allen), The Flash III (Wally West), The Flash IV (Bart Allen), The General (Shaggy Man), General Zod, Gladiator, Green Lantern (Guy, John, Katma, Kilowog), Hulk, Hyperion, Ikaris, Imperiex Probes, Juggernaut (Classic), Kid Omega, Kurse, Lobo, Loki, Magus (Post-IG), Martian Manhunter, Maxima, Metamorpho, Mon-El, Morg, Nate Grey, Orion, Rachel Summers (Phoenix II), Red Shift, Sersi, Shaman, Skreet, Solomon Grundy, Supergirl, Supreme, Terrax the Tamer, Void (Wildstorm, no Creation Engine power), Waverider, Wildfire, Witchfire (Demon Form), Wonder Woman

Beta Ray Bill, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Classic Juggernaut, etc.

Going by the criteria of 'go up the list until they start splitting and losing' and from what I know of DBZ (not GT) that's mid herald, there are some people in mid that could really wreck saiyan ass, imho.

But that's just me, and I only get one vote. stick out tongue I'm not using it yet, though. So eh.

They'll go wherever you all vote for them to go.

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
May i cast a vote for low herald for the girls.
High Meta seems like a decent spot for them.
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

3 LH
3 HM

Dicks.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:42 AM