KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » All Versus character sorting thread.

All Versus character sorting thread.
Started by: ScreamPaste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Its best to use the most recent showing of a character, so for DB it would be Buu saga and the best form they had at that point

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:42 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Just way to many then and we would make the tier list a cluster****. Might as well just use peak.
I agree with this, after Gogeta and Goku I'd like to avoid DBZ characters in this thread for a while, the opinions vary too greatly, we should try to establish the tiers more solidly before we get distracted with that age old debate.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:43 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

PPG have many highs and lows, many powers and fluctuating weakness so I'd say low herald with all things considered. They are little Swiss Army knives.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:57 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I'll amend my vote and take it Low Herald if it'll place them for now. The debate can always be brought back up, but it's better to get more characters set.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:58 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

I see we've got some Mass Effect characters on the ranks but we might as well place the most important character in that universe somewhere. So where would Commander Shepard be? (unless I overlooked him) High Street?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:58 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by SevenShackles
PPG have many highs and lows, many powers and fluctuating weakness so I'd say low herald with all things considered. They are little Swiss Army knives.
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I'll amend my vote and take it Low Herald if it'll place them for now. The debate can always be brought back up, but it's better to get more characters set.

5,2. Low Herald it is.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:59 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by COG Veteran
I see we've got some Mass Effect characters on the ranks but we might as well place the most important character in that universe somewhere. So where would Commander Shepard be? (unless I overlooked him) High Street?

That's hard to place unless we assume we're referring to the default John Shepard. I'd place him low meta due to tech of the 'verse.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:59 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

So, the PPG's have been added, woo. I have no input on Commander Shepherd.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:02 AM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

That's hard to place unless we assume we're referring to the default John Shepard. I'd place him low meta due to tech of the 'verse.

I believe his canon class is Soldier which has some lower end biotics but nothing as powerfull as Vanguard.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:02 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Template Shepard always came across as a hardcore soldier class type character and one of the best in the mass effect universe. That's definitely high street.
Hell even with biotics taken into consideration, jack is heavily modified and can rip threw a ships hull and only hits low meta for it.

Shepard in high street sounds good thumb up

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:03 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Soldiers have no biotic potential. All their abilities are tech based, but that tech is pretty crazy at times.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:03 AM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Then i'll vote Shepard for high street also.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:04 AM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Soldiers have no biotic potential. All their abilities are tech based, but that tech is pretty crazy at times.

You're right, my bad, I get the two mixed up. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:05 AM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Oh I know they have no biotic potential I was simply stating if he had them it shouldn't be a big bump to change tiers. Ppl consider Krogan high street and they have tech, physiology and biotics in their favor.

The tech is pretty crazy but its mostly fire, ice ,warp ammo, concussive/carnage shots, grenades and other stuff I can't seem to remember right now.

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:08 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by SevenShackles
Template Shepard always came across as a hardcore soldier class type character and one of the best in the mass effect universe. That's definitely high street.
Hell even with biotics taken into consideration, jack is heavily modified and can rip threw a ships hull and only hits low meta for it.

Shepard in high street sounds good thumb up
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Then i'll vote Shepard for high street also.

Two HS
One LM

So far.

I would like to get some votes on a few characters I have a known interest in, so while we're at it.

Link, Hero of Time (OoT/MM)
Link, Hero of Winds (WW/PH)
Link, Hero of Light (TP)
Link, Hero of Legend (SS)

I vote for Mid Meta across the board.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:11 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

i would drop SS to low meta or high street as he doesn't have strength power-ups/feats.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:13 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I think Mid Meta across the board for Link works fine.

All of them have the feats for it and it also simplifies putting them there as we could just list Link in mid meta and not all the incarnations.

Low Meta for Shepard.

The guy is the ultimate warrior of the ME universe. He should at the very least be at the same level as top level biotic users IMO.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:17 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
i would drop SS to low meta or high street as he doesn't have strength power-ups/feats.

Ahah, a wild doubter appears.

SS Link has some great strength showings actually. Ghirahim was strong enough to smash Impa's barriers when she was in her prime, an elderly Impa's barriers held back millions of tons of water.

Link fought Ghirahim back and off the edge of several platforms, and straight up cut Ghirahim's sword in half.

Demise shook an entire valley in his weakened Imprisoned State, and SS Link fought him to a standstill, too.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:17 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by ares834
I think Mid Meta across the board for Link works fine.

All of them have the feats for it and it also simplifies putting them there as we could just list Link in mid meta and not all the incarnations.

Low Meta for Shepard.

The guy is the ultimate warrior of the ME universe. He should at the very least be at the same level as top level biotic users IMO.

2 LM for Shep.
2 HS for Shep.

2 MM across the board for Link.
1 LM for SS Link.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:18 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

most of that was his magic sword but fine, mid meta across the board.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:19 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote