KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » All Versus character sorting thread.

All Versus character sorting thread.
Started by: ScreamPaste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
most of that was his magic sword but fine, mid meta across the board.

SS Link survived a volcanic explosion caused by one of the dragons, as well. !

But thanks.

That's 3 across the board MM's. Woo.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:21 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Why is WW in that tier?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:22 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by BloodRain
Why is WW in that tier?
What tier do you feel WW Link belongs in?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:22 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

What really helps the tech argument for Mass Effect is the flavor text in the game. They really put thought and effort into how things worked and why, for the most part.

Mid Meta is perfect for Link, and helps establish a posterboy for a tier.

What about Mario?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:25 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Link being mid meta sounds fine. I don't believed all links are created equal but they are all near enough to each other to Hang in the same tier.

On Shepard someone said because he is the ultimate warrior of ME he should rank with the top biotics but if he isn't a biotic he shouldn't. Unless we do Shepard by available classes which just seems overly complicated. More so when basic Shepard is soldier class.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:25 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Well I was thinking all but OoT would be mid till i remembered that SS thing, so assuming WW has something too..

..and while typing this remembered that low meta would be too weak for even TP Link. So no objections here >.>

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:26 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by SevenShackles
On Shepard someone said because he is the ultimate warrior or ME he should rank with the top biotics but if he isn't a biotic he shouldn't. Unless we do Shepard by available classes which just seems overly complicated. More so when basic Shepard is soldier class.

Nah, I was saying he should be on a similar level to characters like Jack and Samara when it comes to combat. Sure he doesn't have biotics, but his crazy tech and skill makes up for it.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:27 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

On Shepard someone said because he is the ultimate warrior or ME he should rank with the top biotics but if he isn't a biotic he shouldn't. Unless we do Shepard by available classes which just seems overly complicated. More so when basic Shepard is soldier class.

Lets look at it this way. Shepard is essentially Marcus Fenix but with Tech powers. That should bump him up to high street unless yall believe i'm underestimating tech powers.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:28 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

ah okay then. Sorry for the misunderstanding then Ares.

If his tech is going to be such an issues we should bring up specific tech that would push Shepard over into meta.
I say low meta for wrex and grunt. Krogan shouldn't be on the street lvl.

Edit for COG veteran; I think soldier Shepard is high street. So I agree with you if that's your opinion.

GAMMA GIDEON

Last edited by SevenShackles on Aug 21st, 2013 at 04:32 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:29 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Link being mid meta sounds fine. I don't believed all links are created equal but they are all near enough to each other to Hang in the same tier.

He does still have feats that give some leeway. He survived a blast from a Reaper's primary gun at damn near point blank range. Those blasts have been shown to consistently cut through the armor and shields of most ships in the 'verse.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:30 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

I don't remember him taking a reaper shot point blank. When was that?

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:32 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by XanatosForever
What really helps the tech argument for Mass Effect is the flavor text in the game. They really put thought and effort into how things worked and why, for the most part.

Mid Meta is perfect for Link, and helps establish a posterboy for a tier.

What about Mario?

Mario is impossible to define. IMPOSSIBLE.

5 Mid Meta votes for Links, woo. Gonna put that in the next update.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:34 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

End of the game, after defending the missile battery from the Reaper swarm.

XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Mario is impossible to define. IMPOSSIBLE.

So...Omega Shenron?

ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by XanatosForever
So...Omega Shenron?

Seconded.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:36 AM
ares834

ah okay then. Sorry for the misunderstanding then Ares.

If his tech is going to be such an issues we should bring up specific tech that would push Shepard over into meta.
I say low meta for wrex and grunt. Krogan shouldn't be on the street lvl.

Edit for COG veteran; I think soldier Shepard is high street. So I agree with you if that's your opinion.

Why would Krogans be above Shepard? Renegade Shepard shows he has the capabilities to WTF pwn Wrex.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:37 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by ares834
Why would Krogans be above Shepard? Renegade Shepard shows he has the capabilities to WTF pwn Wrex.

They are physically superior and hard to kill and both grunt and wrex seem to be the best of the lot. Pwn them how? All I remember are a couple of strikes in renegade actions in ME2 that just humiliated Krogan but didn't harm them. If your talking about ME1 the option to kill wrex is done with a gun and is really PIS.

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:42 AM
ares834

Yeah, Krogans are superior physically to humans. But Shepard is a far better shot. BTW, the tier rankings have them get their normal gear so Shepard would have his armor and guns.

Here is what I was talking about :

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:44 AM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Yeah, I was just clarifying my opinion in case anyone was wondering why I vote for High Street. wink

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:52 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by ares834
Yeah, Krogans are superior physically to humans. But Shepard is a far better shot. BTW, the tier rankings have them get their normal gear so Shepard would have his armor and guns.

Here is what I was talking about :

Oh god..why..why did you show me this!? I never screwed wrex over! Oh damn..
Characters are capable of beating/killing characters above thier teir and missing a shot gun blast at such close range.. Nah I won't call it PIS but yeah Shepard is a surgeon with a gun.

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:53 AM