KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » All Versus character sorting thread.

All Versus character sorting thread.
Started by: ScreamPaste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

I remember talk of tier examples based off comic characters. Curious if this is a working list of examples.

Tier examples-

Herald
High- silver surfer, sinestro, dr.strange

Mid- the flash, juggernaut, Wonder Woman

Low- apocalypse, doctor doom, invincible

Meta
High- ironman, colossus, human torch

Mid- venom, quicksilver, ghost rider

Low- Spider-Man, sabertooth, deathstroke

Street
High- captain America, batman, kingpin

Mid- punisher, Robin, joker

Low- black widow, Alfred, riddler

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 05:27 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SevenShackles
I remember talk of tier examples based off comic characters. Curious if this is a working list of examples.

Tier examples-

Herald
High- silver surfer, sinestro, dr.strange

Mid- the flash, juggernaut, Wonder Woman

Low- apocalypse, doctor doom, invincible

Meta
High- ironman, colossus, human torch

Mid- venom, quicksilver, ghost rider

Low- Spider-Man, sabertooth, deathstroke

Street
High- captain America, batman, kingpin

Mid- punisher, Robin, joker

Low- black widow, Alfred, riddler

If I can get this approved by Wei I'll stick this on the tiers.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 05:32 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

The three characters per tier is nice, but are the characters showing the high/mid/low ends of the tiers? That would probably work out really well.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 05:37 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

^ found it kinda hard to do that without naming characters a person more into gaming or anime might not be able to use as a measuring stick. Was also my first jab at it to see if it was even needed or workable as is. If you think any one tier needs adjusting example wise then tell me.
Currently at work despite my active nature on the forums tonight so if I don't reply quick it's because of that.

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 05:41 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Going to bed,

IIRC currently Shepherd is 2/2 for LM/HS.

Gogeta and Goku still need to be seated.

Back to it tomorrow. Thanks for the help, everyone.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 06:07 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Alright, Goku. How much into a tier does someone need to be to be classified as that tier?

-Take Master Chief being Low Meta. His strength/speed/weapons just about hit Low Meta with his armour definitely in this tier.
-..and Wesker also being Low Meta. His strength is high end High Street, speed and durability fully being Low Meta along with his regeneration pushing him up.

-And to compare someone in this rank, Super Sonic being Mid Herald. Low Herald+ strength with Mid Herald speed/durability. Has fire/lightning/wind/energy manipulation, teleportation, shields to block or deflect, and can slow and/or stop time.
-..and Asura being High Herald. He has Mid Herald+ speed, with High Herald destruction/strength/speed/durability. Comes with energy blasts, regeneration and can ignore most most bodily damage.

-Now for SS3 Goku, even Gogeta. Their ki attacks are High Herald, while their speed/strength/durability are all between lower end and middle of Mid Herald. Adding to this the only abilities/powers are energy blasts and teleporting.

The first four possess several stats of the tier they landed in and only one or two stats below. Goku/Gogeta has a single High stat with everything else the baseline of Mid, with barely any abilities to consider more.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Mario is impossible to define. IMPOSSIBLE.

5 Mid Meta votes for Links, woo. Gonna put that in the next update.

Thats French for quitter talk His physical stats are Low Meta (Mach 1 reactions & building level strength, Spider-Man level), element manip and other abilities could bump it up.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 01:15 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by BloodRain
Alright, Goku. How much into a tier does someone need to be to be classified as that tier?

-Take Master Chief being Low Meta. His strength/speed/weapons just about hit Low Meta with his armour definitely in this tier.
-..and Wesker also being Low Meta. His strength is high end High Street, speed and durability fully being Low Meta along with his regeneration pushing him up.

-And to compare someone in this rank, Super Sonic being Mid Herald. Low Herald+ strength with Mid Herald speed/durability. Has fire/lightning/wind/energy manipulation, teleportation, shields to block or deflect, and can slow and/or stop time.
-..and Asura being High Herald. He has Mid Herald+ speed, with High Herald destruction/strength/speed/durability. Comes with energy blasts, regeneration and can ignore most most bodily damage.

-Now for SS3 Goku, even Gogeta. Their ki attacks are High Herald, while their speed/strength/durability are all between lower end and middle of Mid Herald. Adding to this the only abilities/powers are energy blasts and teleporting.

The first four possess several stats of the tier they landed in and only one or two stats below. Goku/Gogeta has a single High stat with everything else the baseline of Mid, with barely any abilities to consider more.

Thats French for quitter talk His physical stats are Low Meta (Mach 1 reactions & building level strength, Spider-Man level), element manip and other abilities could bump it up.

Bowser survived galactic destruction, Mario beats that guy up with his fists.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:08 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Today we need to sort out:

Commander Shepherd
Cole McGrath
Kain the Vampire
Sarah Kerrigan
Gogeta

For now we'll keep it to Shepherd and Gogeta, but once either one is solved any other one of these is fair game for discussion.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:21 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

[quoteBowser survived galactic destruction[/quote]
Didn't the stars or something end up saving everyone?

All of the feats have Bowser being defeated by Building or City-Block things attacks/things.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:36 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

[quoteBowser survived galactic destruction
Didn't the stars or something end up saving everyone?

All of the feats have Bowser being defeated by Building or City-Block things attacks/things.

They did not save Bowser, he actually fell into the vortex.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:41 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

That the stars flew in to it, doing that big bang thing. We even see it temp vanish without him being there. Anyhow the sun that went off had the mass of the great pyramid, pseudo black holes not being a feat in itself, City+ for its destruction.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:15 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
That the stars flew in to it, doing that big bang thing.
How does this lessen the feat?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:27 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Cause they recreated everything? :T

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:35 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Cause they recreated everything? :T

It was clearly the same bowser, though, having survived everything that just happened to him.

Anyway, neither Bowser or Mario is on the block yet. Go harrass some Marvel experts to tell you how Dante fares against that other thread I made.
Today we need to sort out:

Commander Shepherd
Cole McGrath
Kain the Vampire
Sarah Kerrigan
Gogeta

For now we'll keep it to Shepherd and Gogeta, but once either one is solved any other one of these is fair game for discussion.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 04:39 PM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Going to bed,

IIRC currently Shepherd is 2/2 for LM/HS.

Gogeta and Goku still need to be seated.

Back to it tomorrow. Thanks for the help, everyone.

Gogeta and goku at ssj4 should be high herald
Base level goku should be low herald. (Fits well with other low heralds)
Gogetas base would be his ssj transformation so I'd say mid herald if you bother with his base lvl.

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 05:00 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by SevenShackles
Gogeta and goku at ssj4 should be high herald
Base level goku should be low herald. (Fits well with other low heralds)
Gogetas base would be his ssj transformation so I'd say mid herald if you bother with his base lvl.
If we're going to have separate Gokus, I'd rather keep it to just DBZ Goku and GT Goku at their peaks. Simpler.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Aug 21st, 2013 at 05:25 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 05:23 PM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

If we're going to have separate Gokus, I'd rather keep it to just DBZ Goku Goku and GT Goku at their peaks. Simpler.

Understood. I was simply thinking of how I see goku used in threads. Usually it's either ssj3 (dbz peak), ssj4 (gt peak) or base with no transformations. Only reason I even bothered to bring it up.

I'd peg both dbz and gt peak at high herald. The difference between them puts them at different ends of the high herald tier but still defines them both well enough.

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 05:26 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Evidence for Commander Shepard

I'll start things off with Shepard, since Mass Effect is one of my favorite settings.

To start, the game does a pretty good job of defining itself through the use of codex entries. Most of them are listed in the link concerning prevalent technology, but one of the most important entries is the one concerning "Element Zero", or "Eezo" for short.

When subjected to an electrical current, the rare material dubbed element zero, or "eezo", emits a dark energy field that raises or lowers the mass of all objects within it. This "mass effect" is used in countless ways, from generating artificial gravity to manufacturing high-strength construction materials. It is most prominently used to enable faster-than-light space travel. Eezo is generated when solid matter, such as a planet, is affected by the energy of a star going supernova. The material is common in the asteroid debris that orbit neutron stars and pulsars. These are dangerous places to mine, requiring extensive use of robotics, telepresence, and shielding to survive the incredible radiation from the dead star. Only a few major corporations can afford the set-up costs required to work these primary sources. Humanity discovered refined element zero at the Prothean research station on Mars, allowing them to create mass effect fields and develop FTL travel.

Eezo is the phlebotinum that powers every high end technological advancement in the series, including biotics. An expanded look on Eezo can be found here.

The titular "Mass Effect" is generated from Eezo, as noted in this codex entry:

Element zero can increase or decrease the mass of a volume of space-time when subjected to an electrical current. With a positive current, mass is increased. With a negative current, mass is decreased. The stronger the current, the greater the magnitude of the dark energy mass effect. In space, low-mass fields allow FTL travel and inexpensive surface-to-orbit transit. High-mass fields create artificial gravity and push space debris away from vessels. In manufacturing low-mass fields permit the creation of evenly-blended alloys, while high mass compaction creates dense, sturdy construction materials. The military makes extensive use of mobility enhancing technologies, with mass effect utilizing fighting vehicles standard front-line issue in most military forces. Mass effect fields are also essential in the creation of kinetic barriers or shields to protect against enemy fire.

Again, an expanded view on it can be found here.

I'll post more later on.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 05:58 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

I'm not sure we confirmed it with eachother yet but are we looking at soldier Shepard?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 06:05 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I'm basing my evidence on that assumption, yes. It'll be more clear when I start going into the weapons, armor, and combat information.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 06:12 PM