KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Into Darkness named worst Trek movie EVER

Into Darkness named worst Trek movie EVER
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
I never said it was perfect, just that I preferred it. Sure it had plotholes, but I found it more watchable than TMP, which just crawled along.

Still you keep trying to make this divide. they're alternate universes within the same canon. Stop being so divisive for once. it's okay to like both.
No, it isn't. Both Treks are divided and different. I fight for the honor of NuKhan. You can like both but you can't love Nu trek more than I do.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 01:34 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by quanchi112
No, it isn't. Both Treks are divided and different. I fight for the honor of NuKhan. You can like both but you can't love Nu trek more than I do.

I already do. I also have more appreciation for it. The only thing I don't have is your man-crush on Cumberbatch. Though he was dreamy in Sherlock, that's true.

You trying to divide Trek does it a disservice that can't be undone until you accept the truth.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 02:42 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I already do. I also have more appreciation for it. The only thing I don't have is your man-crush on Cumberbatch. Though he was dreamy in Sherlock, that's true.

You trying to divide Trek does it a disservice that can't be undone until you accept the truth.
This link is the first attack on the NuTrek fans. From what I gather it was voted the worst by just one hundred old Trekkies gathered together. Such a small company of men is such a worthless,small sampling that makes me happy the sales of the blu ray and the ticket sales both laugh in the face of. Into Darkness is a financial success and the show will go on. I can only hope the torch Abrams has started will continue much in the same vein.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 05:19 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Was there an actual point to what you just said?

Trying to get it rebranded as "nuTrek" like it's some separate entity, doesn't work, as even the fans of older Trek that still hate the new stuff, still recognise that it's in the same multiverse.

It's Star Trek. You're gonna have to just deal with it. At this point you just sound like one of those TNG fans that hated TOS until they got some sense.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 05:22 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Was there an actual point to what you just said?

Trying to get it rebranded as "nuTrek" like it's some separate entity, doesn't work, as even the fans of older Trek that still hate the new stuff, still recognise that it's in the same multiverse.

It's Star Trek. You're gonna have to just deal with it. At this point you just sound like one of those TNG fans that hated TOS until they got some sense.
Are you serious ?

You act as if you are unaware of the clear distinction made by fans across the planet.

http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums...ead.php?t=10006
--------
Everyone already knows by now that I have very little "love" for NuTrek. I think it was a fun and fast paced space action adventure flick, but poor Trek. I understand it was supposed to introduce non-Trek-fans to the world of Trek and therefore could not get too preachy or waste it's time with a "brainy" story. I get that. I actually like action and adventure. What I don't like is the lame attempt to attach this film to the trek universe through the use of the multi-verse theory and time travel, then the obvious trashing of 40 years of TV and movies.

So many things changed simply for the sake of change. If a non-fan can't tell the difference, why completely throw out what came before? Do sets, effects, and sounds really make or break a movie? WTF is with a $150 film not being able to maintain scale? That's a stupid mistake that many seem to not be bothered by, yet mention a four wheeled vehicle driven by Picard and everyone thinks THAT is stupid!

So... Nutrek sucks because it is Trek only because it is named Trek. It lacks the "soul" of Trek. It lacks the "brain" of Trek. And it lacks everything else that makes fans (like me) feel as if they are in a familar place. Some may say that familiarity is what doomed Trek, but I disagree. Good stories and great plots make or break a movie, not the little things like a thrumming warp core or beam type phasers.
---------

Acting like it is just me making a clear distinction when it is the fans, JJ Abrams actually admitting he isn't a fan of the older movies, etc.

It's out there whether you acknowledge it or not. NuTrek is better and is clearly different IMO.

You can pretend Abrams Trek is the same formula as the older Treks but don't expect the majority of the fans or anyone else to believe as much. It isn't the same at all hence my interest in Nu trek.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Oct 1st, 2013 at 05:36 AM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 05:30 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

how does any of that relate to what I said?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 06:09 AM
quanchi112
Disney

how does any of that relate to what I said?
It is Nu trek and while its in the same continuity it is far different. That was the agenda of Paramount to reach new fans. It worked but in the process alienated a lot of the older fans. I love the NuTrek since it is so different to the original Trek which I always found to be boring, lame, and uneventful.

NuTrek is my playground and the Nufans are here to stay. The older ones better stay out of my way!!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 06:22 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Lol. Concession accepted.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 06:20 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Lol. Concession accepted.
NuKhan does not concede and neither do I, old Trekkie.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2013 10:26 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know what would've made Into Darkness the best Trek film of all time?...More lens flare! And Benedict Cumberbatch over-pronouncing words and moving his mouth more when speaking.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2013 10:55 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

NuKhan does not concede and neither do I, old Trekkie.

The sooner you learn your place, junior redshirt, the better.

Originally posted by jaden101
You know what would've made Into Darkness the best Trek film of all time?...More lens flare! And Benedict Cumberbatch over-pronouncing words and moving his mouth more when speaking.

laughing out loud

To be fair, I actually like that aspect of his delivery.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 4th, 2013 06:32 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

NuKhan.

You do realise what an absolute fvcking moron you look like when you use that term?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 12:01 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Not to side with the forum moron, but I actually did like the new Star Trek movies. no expression

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 01:20 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by jaden101
You do realise what an absolute fvcking moron you look like when you use that term?
I realize I am in your head among many others. Not my problem.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 05:36 AM
quanchi112
Disney

The sooner you learn your place, junior redshirt, the better.

laughing out loud

To be fair, I actually like that aspect of his delivery.
I am a bigger Nufan than you are. Bigger Khan fan. You can cling to the older crap for all I care.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 05:37 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I am a bigger Nufan than you are. Bigger Khan fan. You can cling to the older crap for all I care.

You're free to believe that all you like. Doesn't make it true.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 01:40 PM
quanchi112
Disney

You're free to believe that all you like. Doesn't make it true.
Concession accepted.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 03:52 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol. You'd have to have a point for me to concede to.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 04:02 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I realize I am in your head among many others. Not my problem.

So you do then?...That's nice...I suppose someone has to be a total fud...Might as well be you.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 01:09 AM
quanchi112
Disney

lol. You'd have to have a point for me to concede to.
I am a bigger NuTrek fan. That's not up for debate.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 02:05 AM