KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Ben Affleck is the new BATMAN

Ben Affleck is the new BATMAN
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Ben Affleck is the new BATMAN

"Zack Snyder will be returning to direct Affleck and Henry Cavill in the still-untitled film, which will be the first time Batman and Superman have shared the big screen. The press release announcing the news says that Affleck’s Batman will be “an entirely new incarnation of the character.” Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will be returning to reprise their roles in the film as well, which is slated to open worldwide on July 17, 2015."

Hm. Um. Hm. I don't know what to say or make of this honestly. His work's gotten way better over the years. I liked his portrayal of daredevil. But Batman? A character with the most emotional depth I've ever seen in a comic character and Affleck has never displayed that type of depth in any film of his that I've known of. This casting decision makes me a bit, hm. Like i'm not excited about it.

How about you guys..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 03:30 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Is it April already?

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 04:17 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

mad sad

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 06:09 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Perfect choice, this will be the best Batman ever.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 07:10 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

When I'm on other forums or on my facebook the reactions I'm seeing are on par with people 20 or 30 years younger than they are...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 07:49 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'll give him a chance

he might improve on from Daredevil.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 08:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I'll give it a chance as well (reluctantly), but I doubt too many others will follow suit.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 10:24 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Everyone's jumping on the hate band wagon too quickly

just like how not many thought that Heath Ledger would make a good Joker..Or Daniel Craig a good James Bond.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 10:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Heath Ledger did a good Joker?

News to me shifty

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 11:19 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

newsflash:

Matt Damon will play Robin

(please log in to view the image)

Being totally honest, I hate the news...

but Ledger proved everyone wrong so...

not holding my breath though

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 07:05 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I never complained about Ledger. Not really sure why people would. But difference was even though we had seen some great acting from him, we still didn't know everything Ledger was capable of. Can't say the same about Affleck.

Not only have we seen him act for many years now but we've seen him play a brooding superhero before in Daredevil.

As for Craig, the only reason that worked is because they reinvented Bond, and Craig was right for that reinvention. Perhaps they're going to do that for Batman, in a way that Ben would suit it, but then people are going to hate the new Batman. Because doesn't really seem like people want Batman reinvented at this point.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2013 03:33 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Daredevil was over 10 years ago. He's grown so much as an actor since then and on top of that, the script was a disaster. The same was said about Keaton as Batman and Daniel Craig as the next Bond. Let's face it, a lot of people don't like change and is probably more angry because Bale isn't back. History repeats itself!

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/boy...ino_royale.html

Old Post Aug 24th, 2013 07:56 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Everyone's jumping on the hate band wagon too quickly

just like how not many thought that Heath Ledger would make a good Joker..Or Daniel Craig a good James Bond.

Or Michael Keaton as Batman or Ann as Catwoman or Tom Hardy as Bane, etc... Truth is, this gives Ben more motivation to play Batman and free press to market the movie globally. It's a win, win situation. Everyone is talking about this, good or bad.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2013 07:58 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

absolutely worse choice they could make.. tsujihara is a coward, he could have given the Affleck Duck a different role in order to keep him

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 12:10 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

lol

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 12:31 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

What happened to the "I believe in NolanSynder" mentality guiz?!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 12:34 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 02:14 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Kazenji

thumb up

laughing out loud Truth hurts.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 02:44 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
It's funny seeing the dc fans turn on him all of a sudden. I like that he is playing Batman.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 03:13 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
It went out the window once Man of Steel sucked.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 08:18 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote