KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Ben Affleck is the new BATMAN

Ben Affleck is the new BATMAN
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That's debatable.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 08:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Everyone always jumps up with the "ledger defense". Now I see a lot of comments about Keaton but the funny thing is where was the "Keaton defense" when ledger was stepping up to play Joker? People are even quick to add Hardy and Hathaway to the list....but they were already good actors. I had no worry they could pull off what was given to them. Unfortunately what they were given were sub par parts. Anyways all im saying is its true that you really can't judge if people are going to fit a part until you see what they do with it but imo its perfectly understandable that people are worried. Ben doesn't exactly have a rep for playing a successful superhero.

And I agree we should wait to see how he does BUT before the casting out crys there were out crys because its a rebooted batman...followed quickly by people complaining about how batman is going to go back to the old films level of cheese. If the majority of people are gonna go into it with the "this will fail" attitude it probably will because they have this preconceived notion. So in short if Ben does not WOW people its going to cost DC's shared universe a lot it in fact might make the studio not want to make a Justice League. Its taken them forever to finally get this moving they might get scared and back off of Justice League. In fact Since Green Lantern was such a flop they are considering leaving him out of Justice League entirely. Im not saying it will suck like GL but im just saying they are definitely scared of losing money and blowing the entire thing.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 07:06 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Because the Ledger defense isn't only about acting skill but it shows how people overreact and whine like 6 year olds when in reality they don't have any means to make an objective opinion.

I don't think Affleck is a good choice at all but ffs let him suck in the role first.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 07:09 PM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Right but in that case where was Reynolds "Ledger defense" for GL?!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 07:22 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

What backlash was there? No one cared about GL. People complained that it sucked but that happened after people watched it.

100 percent to the people who said Affleck will suck hasn't seen the movie yet.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 07:30 PM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

When has Ben Afflek been shown to able express true anger??

Last edited by Supra on Aug 25th, 2013 at 08:01 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 07:59 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne..check

Batman...none of the above

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 08:03 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Based
What backlash was there? No one cared about GL. People complained that it sucked but that happened after people watched it.

100 percent to the people who said Affleck will suck hasn't seen the movie yet.

What are you talking about?! Most everyone complained about Reynolds as GL before the movie. Then he did a terrible job and that was that. Anyways im not sure your getting it. People can use the Ledger defense and its about half right. Sure you can't really say "Hey that guys gonna suck" until you see it. BUT because a handful of people have proven the fan base (and movie goers) wrong doesn't really mean anything. Ben might have what it takes sure but until he proves otherwise he really doesn't look like a good fit and if I were a bigger batman fan then I could see their point. Nobody wants their favorite character to be miss cast or given the GL treatment so they worry and b*tch.

On a side note im ragging on GL a lot but I will say I enjoyed Strong as Sinestro, The way the Rings looked, and I thought the Lantern Corps look and voice acting was great. Thats all the nice I have to say though....

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 09:08 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
What are you talking about?! Most everyone complained about Reynolds as GL before the movie. Then he did a terrible job and that was that. Anyways im not sure your getting it. People can use the Ledger defense and its about half right. Sure you can't really say "Hey that guys gonna suck" until you see it. BUT because a handful of people have proven the fan base (and movie goers) wrong doesn't really mean anything. Ben might have what it takes sure but until he proves otherwise he really doesn't look like a good fit and if I were a bigger batman fan then I could see their point. Nobody wants their favorite character to be miss cast or given the GL treatment so they worry and b*tch.

On a side note im ragging on GL a lot but I will say I enjoyed Strong as Sinestro, The way the Rings looked, and I thought the Lantern Corps look and voice acting was great. Thats all the nice I have to say though....

GL sucked because of the story/script. Just look at Parallax. lol. Heath Ledger is hardly the only example of fans complaining.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 09:19 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 09:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Casey Affleck as Batgirl? I like. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 10:06 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Golgo13
GL sucked because of the story/script. Just look at Parallax. lol. Heath Ledger is hardly the only example of fans complaining.

Even if everything else was golden the movie would have suffered from the choice in actor. Also never said Ledger was......not ever nor anything close. I refer to it as the Ledger defense because he's the most commonly mentioned when this kind of thing is brought up.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 10:12 PM
Senor Cage

Even if everything else was golden the movie would have suffered from the choice in actor. Also never said Ledger was......not ever nor anything close. I refer to it as the Ledger defense because he's the most commonly mentioned when this kind of thing is brought up.

It should be Michael Keaton as well. If he was cast and there was the internet, people would go ape shit as well. Agree to disagree, but Affleck will do fine.

quote:
Mr. Mom as Batman?” reads the headline.

“So Michael Keaton has been cast as Batman/Bruce Wayne,” writes journalist Allan B. Rothstein. “He might have made a good Joker, but his comic style, which he seems unable to shake (but can amplify), has doomed this promised ‘serious’ treatment of Bob Kane's character to the same tired, boring level of artificial ‘camp’ that made the TV series a hit yet simultaneously doomed it to an early cancellation.

Dude, that’s two “doomeds” in one sentence.

“The Sam Hamm script that director Tim Burton is filming has many blunders, but does treat the characters basically seriously,” Rothstein later continues. “Obviously, in casting Keaton, Burton is rejecting this approach altogether and going after a manic comedy.”

“Batman has been a popular character for almost five decades--not because he is a figure of comedy, but precisely because he is not, especially in the last couple of years. By ignoring this, by casting a clown as Batman, Warner Bros. and Burton have defecated on the history of Batman and on the hopes of those who appreciate the character and his potential.”

“Doomed” and “defecated.” This was true Internet pioneering.

All good-natured ribbing in hindsight aside, to be fair Rothstein finished with one idea that would probably still be embraced today.

“Better they should have filmed Frank Miller's ‘Batman: The Dark Knight Returns,’ he concluded. “But that would have required courage, taste and imagination.”

Last edited by Senor Cage on Aug 25th, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 10:18 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Golgo13
It should be Michael Keaton as well. If he was cast and there was the internet, people would go ape shit as well. Agree to disagree, but Affleck will do fine.

Yeah I won't disagree. Im just using the phrase because when you say "The Ledger defense" people will most likely know what you mean. So it could be phrased "The Ledger/Keaton defense" or whatever you want really. As far as Ben goes maybe he will but I can understand the worry surrounding the issue. Im not as big a Batman fan as I was a few years ago....I mean I still like him a good deal im just not "in like with him" anymore lol But he has a HUGE fan following so I ca understand the worry. I mean if it was announced that The Flash was to be played by Tom Cruise then yeah he might work no one could know until he does it but im sure as hell not going to be happy about it lol.

Also don't get me wrong on Reynolds I think hes a decent enough actor but he wasn't Hal Jordan imo.

EDIT: also As I said earlier I didn't see a lot of people going off about how Keaton proved us all wrong when Ledger hate was coming out either. So It seems it got popular with ledger.

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Aug 25th, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 10:46 PM
Senor Cage

Yeah I won't disagree. Im just using the phrase because when you say "The Ledger defense" people will most likely know what you mean. So it could be phrased "The Ledger/Keaton defense" or whatever you want really. As far as Ben goes maybe he will but I can understand the worry surrounding the issue. Im not as big a Batman fan as I was a few years ago....I mean I still like him a good deal im just not "in like with him" anymore lol But he has a HUGE fan following so I ca understand the worry. I mean if it was announced that The Flash was to be played by Tom Cruise then yeah he might work no one could know until he does it but im sure as hell not going to be happy about it lol.

Also don't get me wrong on Reynolds I think hes a decent enough actor but he wasn't Hal Jordan imo.

EDIT: also As I said earlier I didn't see a lot of people going off about how Keaton proved us all wrong when Ledger hate was coming out either. So It seems it got popular with ledger.

That's because it was so long ago and Ledger is still rather fresh in people's minds. If Michael Keaton was cast as Batman (at the same time in his career), people would piss all over the news. Before Batman, he was a comedic actor for the most part, but it turned out to be gold and IMHO my favorite Batman (not Bruce).

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 11:10 PM
wilco

Christian Bale was very good at Batman, though Ben Affleck has done some good acting in the past

I was going to post youtube links, though you can't here on this forum...great! miffed

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 11:24 PM
wilco is currently offline Click here to Send wilco a Private Message Find more posts by wilco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

EDIT: also As I said earlier I didn't see a lot of people going off about how Keaton proved us all wrong when Ledger hate was coming out either. So It seems it got popular with ledger. [/B]

Freaking Keaton did this in 1989...
Heath was recent. If you have an issue calling it the Ledger defense then sure we'll rename it to the "stop overreacting until you watch the movie" defense.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2013 06:17 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V98WHZNTRpo

This is who should be batman

Old Post Aug 26th, 2013 07:07 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
Everyone's jumping on the hate band wagon too quickly

just like how not many thought that Heath Ledger would make a good Joker..Or Daniel Craig a good James Bond.

I knew Heath could play him, I knew Daniel could, I have all doubts that Ben can play Batman..

Why cant he play Batman??

1. Hes Ben Affleck
2. He already ruined DareDevil
3. That Boston accent he's so proud of and will never get it under control for any movie.
4. Id rather see Matt Damon as Batman
5. He's to pretty looking. Looks like a Channel Model.
6. He is not batman and never will be..i

Why would they pair a new superman up with a old Actor? You didn't see Jor-el and Kal-El competing for screen time.. they both had there places and did it right.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2013 07:28 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Supra

2. He already ruined DareDevil

He didn't ruin Daredevil at all

roll eyes (sarcastic)........yet another one to add to that ever growing list who hasn't watched the Director's cut.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2013 08:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote