KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Ben Affleck is the new BATMAN

Ben Affleck is the new BATMAN
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Based
iPinoy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Im pretty sure you are not reading my posts entirely....

I'm not sure if I want to completely read posts about grown men complaining like a 3 year olds about something not even created it so you're right there.

quote:
Anyways your point is?

Let's stop acting like 3 year olds here. You know what parents say that goes along the lines of "try it before you hate it?"

I get that on the internet this is far too logical but the complaining is half assed too. Like seriously..

quote:
Preconceived hate can be a hard thing to over come if there is enough of it.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Then people just stop hating until they see the thing. Then write all the posts you want because then it's validated by reason. Like that's not even trying, that's just admitting flat out bias and being angry for the sake of being angry.

EDIT: I mean this in a general sense and isn't directed at any particular 3 year olds.

Last edited by Based on Aug 28th, 2013 at 07:18 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2013 07:11 PM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Based
I'm not sure if I want to completely read posts about grown men complaining like a 3 year olds about something not even created it so you're right there.

Let's stop acting like 3 year olds here. You know what parents say that goes along the lines of "try it before you hate it?"

I get that on the internet this is far too logical but the complaining is half assed too. Like seriously..

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Then people just stop hating until they see the thing. Then write all the posts you want because then it's validated by reason. Like that's not even trying, that's just admitting flat out bias and being angry for the sake of being angry.

EDIT: I mean this in a general sense and isn't directed at any particular 3 year olds.

If your not going to read an entire post before you respond then you just shouldn't because it makes you seem as if you don't comprehend what the person is talking about........kind of like right now.

The Internet is a big place full of complaints about everything.....Especially on a discussion forum. If you don't like it don't read it. Trying to change someones opinion because you think "they are acting like a 3 year old" is even more pointless then those people having the opinion.

roll eyes (sarcastic) When people have enough hate for something before it comes out, no matter the form of entertainment, they do tend to be bias and will nit pick ANYTHING to fit their objective point of view. For most people it takes a lot to let that go...or more to the point really great acting, script, effects....ect. Your trying to say "don't hate it until you try it" the problem with that is it happens and it always will...with practically everything. People find things they hate and they use it to nit pick. Like I said preconceived hate is a hard thing to over come. So if thats the dumbest thing you have ever heard then I doubt you have heard many things in your life. I get your point and have from the start. Nor have I actually been arguing with you. Point is while it is a decent point its just not how most people behave.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Aug 28th, 2013 at 08:51 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2013 08:47 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sabretooth
I was dead. I got better.

DC is between a rock and a hard place no matter what they do here. Problem one is that Christian Bale's Batman movies were well-liked and fairly recent, so people will be comparing the new Batman to Bale's Batman. Problem two is that Robert Downey Jr's Avengers and Iron Man movies were also well-liked and even more recent, so people will be comparing the new Batman to Downey Jr's Iron Man. It is totally understandable that DC would want an accomplished actor to represent their most popular character, and right now Affleck is hot because of Argo. He wouldn't have been my first choice, but there aren't many others I can see as both Batman and Wayne that could do a better job. I read rumors of Ryan Gosling and Matt Damon, and I prefer Affleck to either of them. To their credit, DC offered Bale $50 million to reprise his role and he turned them down. I'm not sure they had a better choice.

And for the record: Green Lantern, Daredevil, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin were all so horrible it wouldn't have mattered who the actors were in the lead roles.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2013 04:12 AM
Sabretooth is currently offline Click here to Send Sabretooth a Private Message Find more posts by Sabretooth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Sabretooth
And for the record: Green Lantern, Daredevil, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin were all so horrible it wouldn't have mattered who the actors were in the lead roles.

I don't think Daredevil belongs in that group, imo. I thought it was a good comic book movie. It definitely wasn't catwoman or green lantern or BF horrible..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 29th, 2013 04:13 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Golgo13
Daredevil was over 10 years ago. He's grown so much as an actor since then and on top of that, the script was a disaster. The same was said about Keaton as Batman and Daniel Craig as the next Bond. Let's face it, a lot of people don't like change and is probably more angry because Bale isn't back. History repeats itself!

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/boy...ino_royale.html

excet as any true Batman fan knows,they were rigtly so outraged over Keaton as Batman,one of the worst casting choices ever in comicbook history.While he gave a surprisingly fine performance as Batman-Batman,not bruce wayne,He was totally miscast in the role so physically wrong for the part.That destoryed the credibility of the two films.

Affleck like Bale,physically fits the part.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2013 04:48 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Sabretooth

And for the record: Green Lantern, Daredevil, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin were all so horrible it wouldn't have mattered who the actors were in the lead roles. [/B]

You left out a couple of others as well.Batman 89 and Batman Returns were horrible and need to be included in that group as well.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are the only two good Batman films ever made.

Heath Ledger did a good Joker?

News to me
Let me guess,you ALSO believe Michael Keaton was great as Bruce wayne also right? laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing

Originally posted by Kazenji
Everyone's jumping on the hate band wagon too quickly

just like how not many thought that Heath Ledger would make a good Joker..Or Daniel Craig a good James Bond.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Everyone's jumping on the hate band wagon too quickly

just like how not many thought that Heath Ledger would make a good Joker..Or Daniel Craig a good James Bond.

mindless drivel from you as always. roll eyes (sarcastic) Heath Ledger not a good Joker,Daniel Craig not a good James Bond.Great fairy tales.any more jokes for the day? laughing laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Craig was so bad as Bond the last James Bond film only was the biggest money maker ever in the Bond series and The Dark Knight was only the biggest grossing film of all time I believe.Yep good evidence there that they were bad in their roles.lol.thats on par for you of course though.lol. no surprise.lol.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Aug 29th, 2013 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2013 04:53 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
With Afflecks's Bruce I feel I'll still just see Ben Affleck more than i'd see Bruce Wayne..

Unlike Bale,Affleck will have his work cut out for him.The Burton/schmacher franchise was screed from the very beginning with Mr skinny runt,short,half bald receding hairline Michael keaton as batman who surprisingly,was a good batman,just a lousy and unbelieveable Bruce wayne.

Here's how the actors fared that played Batman in that god awful Burton/schumacher nightmare franchise.

Keaton-Very good Batman but a lousy Bruce Wayne.
Kilmer-Very good Bruce Wayne but a lousy Batman
Clooney-Lousy as BOTH BATMAN AND ROBIN.

Bale -excelled as BOTH Bruce Wayne and Batman

therefore at the moment,is the one and only true Batman.

So unlike Bale,Affleck has his work cut out for him and some big shoes to fill where contrary to the belief of Batman fans,Bale was not in that situation.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2013 05:13 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Femi32
The ultimate blame goes to Warner Brothers. Since Batman Returns received backlash for being too dark for children, WB didn't want the same thing to happen again. They fired Burton, hired Schumacher, Keaton left (due to a campy script), and it all fell down from there. WB told Schumacher to make the last two Batman movies campy at every turn. Schumacher apologized for his role in ruining Batman.

Schumacher is an accomplice to this tragedy, but he at least could've made a good Batman movie as evidenced by Batman Forever. If WB didn't demand camp, it would've been really good.

very well said.best post on here bar none. Happy Dance rock thumb up

Everyone says Schumacher was to blame for the downfall of the Batman franchise but it was REALLY Burtons Batman Returns that started the downfall of it all.

Like you said so well ,Batman Returns received backlash from parents rightly so,because it was way too dark and far younger audiences.

The first one didnt go anywhere to the extremes of violence that Batman Returns did.Batman Returns took a dip at the box office because thats when movies goers started raising eyebrows was because of Batman Returns,not Batman Forever.

Batman Forever was more light on the violence,they got smart about that,but got too campy with it as well.

Then Scumacher,REALLY took it to the extremes with the god awful Batman and Robin which again,like you said,he at least apologized for that film.Batman Forver was actually fairly good,just too campy at times.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2013 05:22 PM
juggerman

Originally posted by Mr Parker
mindless drivel from you as always. roll eyes (sarcastic) Heath Ledger not a good Joker,Daniel Craig not a good James Bond.Great fairy tales.any more jokes for the day? laughing laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Craig was so bad as Bond the last James Bond film only was the biggest money maker ever in the Bond series and The Dark Knight was only the biggest grossing film of all time I believe.Yep good evidence there that they were bad in their roles.lol.thats on par for you of course though.lol. no surprise.lol.

I'm pretty sure you missed what he said

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Aug 29th, 2013 06:41 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Ben Affleck been batman you fools.what? You think he was just disappearing from the big screen because hes a shitty actor? Ha! Fools.

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2013 04:18 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darkriddle

Some people can't envision Ben as the new batman, that included me. Here, I have created a photo-shop drawing via a manip to see what Ben Affleck would look like as the new batman.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/qcym.jpg/

(please log in to view the image)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 06:21 AM
darkriddle is currently offline Click here to Send darkriddle a Private Message Find more posts by darkriddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

For some reason that looks like John Travolta.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 12:40 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darkriddle

LOL. I actually agree, but that is in fact, Ben Affleck. I'm just surprised there's not one photo-mash of that crazy insurance Affleck Duck in a Batman suit -is there????

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 03:30 PM
darkriddle is currently offline Click here to Send darkriddle a Private Message Find more posts by darkriddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iscaremonkeys

=

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 05:31 PM
iscaremonkeys is currently offline Click here to Send iscaremonkeys a Private Message Find more posts by iscaremonkeys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Mr Parker
excet as any true Batman fan knows,they were rigtly so outraged over Keaton as Batman,one of the worst casting choices ever in comicbook history.While he gave a surprisingly fine performance as Batman-Batman,not bruce wayne,He was totally miscast in the role so physically wrong for the part.That destoryed the credibility of the two films.

Affleck like Bale,physically fits the part.

Hey Parker. Long time.

Still gnawing on that old Keaton/Batman '89 bone, I see..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 10th, 2013 10:46 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedX1852

Ben Affleck has a Chance

Old Post Sep 16th, 2013 01:05 PM
RedX1852 is currently offline Click here to Send RedX1852 a Private Message Find more posts by RedX1852 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

[QUOTE=14448096]Originally posted by DARTH POWER
For some reason that looks like John TrQUOTavolta. [/E]
Oh my gosh,he does. big grin

Old Post Sep 19th, 2013 11:50 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Hey Parker. Long time.

Still gnawing on that old Keaton/Batman '89 bone, I see..

yeah I guess so. big grin anyways Affleck unlike Bale did,WILL have his work cut out for him trying to live up to Bale the one and only true Bruce Wayne/Batman actor since unlike the rest,he was great in BOTH roles.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2013 11:52 PM