KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Originals (TV Series)

The Originals (TV Series)
Started by: Rikudo sennin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

The ending ruined it for me.

Really...again?

le sigh

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 4th, 2013 06:08 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rikudo sennin

Nice first ep. That intro was sick!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2013 07:38 PM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Does daggers are getting ridiculous!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2013 08:34 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Does daggers are getting ridiculous!

its a silly plot mechanism.. they should've done something else

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 4th, 2013 09:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Mindset

Really...again?

le sigh

thumb up thumb up

Putlocker was ill-behaved last night, so my viewing of the ep was sporadic and fraught with lag. My disjointed experience was that it wasn't the standout hour of television I'd hoped it would be.

Too much exposition, too much of a rework of the backdoor pilot, and Elijah is great but is too neutered.

And the ending sucked.

6/10

Old Post Oct 4th, 2013 09:15 PM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Really...again?

le sigh

I thought it was pretty good. Don't worry though, he'll be set free by the next(3rd at the latest) episode.

Not that it should matter to you as you hate that character. I was more intrigued by that seeming continuity error wherein we're shown [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kol daggered when in the mainstream TVD continuity it was explained that Klaus only [SPOILER - highlight to read]: daggered Kol for a hundred years or so.

Last edited by TheGodKiller02 on Oct 4th, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2013 10:32 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I don't hate Elijah.

He'd be one of my favorite characters if he weren't daggered every other episode.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 06:46 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

You certainly do.

He is one of the few Originals to have been daggered for the least amount of time, within the in-continuity timeline. Kol on the other hand...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 09:02 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Anyways, this quote:
(please log in to view the image)
clearly applies all too well to Marcel's "menagerie of savage vampires".

I seriously doubt any of them is more than a century old, barring Marcel himself of course.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 11:01 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
You certainly do.

He is one of the few Originals to have been daggered for the least amount of time, within the in-continuity timeline. Kol on the other hand...
Wrong.

Elijah has been daggered the most times in the show, which is what we're talking about. He has been daggered approximately 37 times. At this point we have to accept the fact that he's an idiot.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 06:25 PM
Rikudo sennin

I thought it was pretty good. Don't worry though, he'll be set free by the next(3rd at the latest) episode.

Not that it should matter to you as you hate that character. I was more intrigued by that seeming continuity error wherein we're shown [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kol daggered when in the mainstream TVD continuity it was explained that Klaus only [SPOILER - highlight to read]: daggered Kol for a hundred years or so.

That's not an error.

No one said anything about him never being daggered before. More likely they undaggered him in New Orleans then daggered him when they left.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 08:48 PM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Wrong.

Elijah has been daggered the most times in the show, which is what we're talking about. He has been daggered approximately 37 times. At this point we have to accept the fact that he's an idiot.

thumb up

Elijah is still my favorite, but the writers are seriously nerfing him.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 02:06 AM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by The_Tempest
thumb up

Elijah is still my favorite, but the writers are seriously nerfing him.

He's the only Original who's consistently beaten the sh1t out of Klaus, unlike Kol who keeps getting owned by young vampires(some of whom are even newbies).

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 10:12 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Wrong.

You certainly are.

Incorrect. That title belongs to Rebekah.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 10:14 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
That's not an error.

No one said anything about him never being daggered before. More likely they undaggered him in New Orleans then daggered him when they left.

Except it is. Klaus implied that he freed all his siblings barring Finn after the Brotherhood of the Five sneak-daggered them. Kol's own conversation with Elena implied that until their escape from New Orleans, he was a free bird.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 10:15 AM
Rikudo sennin

Except it is. Klaus implied that he freed all his siblings barring Finn after the Brotherhood of the Five sneak-daggered them. Kol's own conversation with Elena implied that until their escape from New Orleans, he was a free bird.

No it isn't. You are completely right when saying that Klaus undaggered him after the five fiasco. However all Kol said was that when he was in NOLA he was not daggered.

There is a huge gap between the five incident and NOLA. So many times Kol could have been daggered. And that was one of the moments.

And great second episode. What did you guys think?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 10:14 PM
Darth Vicious

Second episode was pretty good. I wonder who the witch is.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 10:34 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Second episode was pretty good. I wonder who the witch is.

she seems to have power but she won't be match after a while prolly

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 11th, 2013 06:35 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
No it isn't. You are completely right when saying that Klaus undaggered him after the five fiasco. However all Kol said was that when he was in NOLA he was not daggered.

There is a huge gap between the five incident and NOLA. So many times Kol could have been daggered. And that was one of the moments.

And great second episode. What did you guys think?

Elijah specifically mentioned the time periods for which Kol and Finn had been daggered.

Kol was kept in a box for over a century. Which contradicts the idea that Kol was running free in NO, when even in recent episode there has been no indication that he had been set free yet.

Not to mention that Elijah's surprise-fueled claim regarding how long both Kol and Finn had been daggered indicates that he was unaware of what Klaus did to either of them. Which is again in direct contradiction with him being aware of his luggage being his own semi-dead brothers.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2013 07:34 PM
Mindset

Who cares, TGK, you need to get a grip on reality.

I can't be your best friend anymore.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2013 07:55 PM