KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Originals (TV Series)

The Originals (TV Series)
Started by: Rikudo sennin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

loved the finale..

as a whole i like this show a lot

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 16th, 2014 04:55 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Vampires can compete with Vampires well above their age range. Damon/Nadia etc.

Damon and Stefan have also easily killed hybrids.

Inconsistent outlier. We've seen older vampires ranging from Lexi, Katherine, Rose, Pearl, and Sage easily own Damon. Hybrids have more consistent showings; eg. Tyler fighting Klaus one-on-one better than any vampire we've seen including Marcel. Ray Sutton almost killing Damon, Tyler killing Nadia, Kimberly overpowering Caroline with ease etc.

A hybrid easily killed Stefan. erm

Old Post May 16th, 2014 06:40 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rikudo sennin

Originally posted by Epicurus
It would, because an Original is supposed to be that f*cking strong.

What the f*ck does ending scene of last week's episode have to do with Mikael's humiliation?

Not sure what you're trying to say here. I think you need to work on your communication ability, as it's fairly lacking from what I've seen. Case in point; your inability to convey whether you meant Monique or Genevieve when you pointed out that Hayley has been weakened by a spell.

For about a few seconds at best before she went into a mama wolf fit and broke his f*cking arm. Yes, that's how long it took for him to go from predator to prey of an inferior creature.

Do you know anything about the Originals, bro? Like the fact that they were created to be individually superior to a trasnformed werewolf in terms of raw power? That Caroline alone had considerably greater strength than Mason? Or the fact that your average Original is far, far stronger than old vampires like Sage, Mary Porter, Rose, Lexi, Katherine, Marcel, Stefan and Damon and young hybrids like Tyler? Who themselves are well above the paygrade of younger vamps like Caroline, Elena and most of the New Orleans vamps who aren't even a century old?

So now that we've established a basic power hierarchy, let's recap:

Enhanced Originals(Alaric, Mikael and Klaus)>Normal Original(Elijah, Rebekah, Kol and Finn)>transformed werewolves>Old vampires>=young hybrids>young vampires>untransformed werewolves.

That's a pretty massive strength gap right there. Especially when one considers how Tyler didn't have the slightest bit of problem restraining her or draining her baby bump of blood, and there wasn't a damn thing she could do about it. Considering that Mikael was the Original vamp Cannibal, he should be a bazillion times stronger than Tyler, even at a base/relaxed state.

>Which should be beyond the ability of a hybrid or a vampire to break.
>She immediately jumped downwards after he blitzed past her.
>There is no onscreen proof that he was weakened. He did take every chance he had to kill her, but was thwarted and beaten down like weak old feeb.

She thwarted his attempts to physically harm her. Stop repeating the word weakened over and over again, when you don't even know the meaning of the term.

>Werewolf venom actually weakens Originals, as opposed to you unproven theory that a crumbling OS does the same to vampires.
>Hayley's other name happens to be "bitch". Or did you forget the nonchalant manner in which she betrayed Tyler and his 12 hybrids and later on pretended as if he was the one who backstabbed her?

Are you purposefully this much of an idiot? Or were you just born this way? Anyways, back to addressing your strawman:
>Elijah immediately recovered from the wolf venom after Eve saved Hayley. Rebekah on the other hand remained weakened to the point that she was barely able to walk throughout that entire episode.
>Considering how there is actual onscreen proof of one weakening a vampire, while the other has words being cited by an unreliable writer, I'd take my chances with wolf venom.

A very shitty "No YOU!" response. TBH, I didn't expect any better from you.

No I am not. I get the point fairly clearly. And the point is this; you're such a blind tvd/originals fanboy that you would make up ridiculous theories to defend horrible low showings of a character instead of simply accepting them and moving on.

He didn't quickly dispatch Elijah. He tried to convert him to the dark side first. When he was holding Elijah down, Elijah had to use his full body strength just to move Mikael's arm.

Still, the Klaus-encounter disproves your horrid assumption that toying with opponents somehow depowers Mikael.

In both cases a ghost can physically interact with the denizens of the real world. Enzo almost drowned Elena. Enzo overwhelmed Stefan. Vicki was the same baby vamp at the time of dying before she got sucked into Hell.

There is not only a lack of proof from onscreen sources regarding Carina's bullshit explanation, there is enough evidence to prove that the time period for which one is on the OS doesn't affect one's power. Because she clearly meant the time spent on the OS as being what weakened Mikael. Not the crumbling itself, but the time spent. Which is utter trash, as seen numerous times with Lexi.

Since you lack any screen evidence to prove this claim, I'll take this as a cloaked concession.smile

If they are exerting hardly any force then it doesn't matter.

Because you brought up Hayley getting manhandled in the church.

Maybe you just don't have the best comprehension abilities. Let me sum it up. You said that I am ignoring that strength problem. But by talking about the OS weakening him or how his mindset prevented him from using the correct amount of strength I am addressing it. That was you mixing it up.

She was at his mercy for a little over 30 seconds. So right there you know he could have won the fight.

All of which wouldn't matter if we factor in him being weakened, and not trying, and plot. So you literally just wasted your time. It's not that I don't see that their is a huge gap. It sucks that even with handicaps and mentality that the fight went like that. But apparently they had to be detrimental enough.

>would be much easier if he wasn't offering much resistance
>and he could have blitzed her while she made her way over the railing since she moved at human speeds
>Lexi is actually proof that he was weakened just scroll down. Yet he had her at his mercy for 30sec.

She thwarted a non serious and weakened Mikael congrats.

>Lexi actually proves my theory if you look below
>All of that doesn't matter. Her relationship with Elijah is the biggest one in the series. She won't treat him like she treated them. Is that not obvious? Do you need more "Haylijah" scenes shoved down your throat?

Damn! Keyboard warrior and his insult! So real, so fierce!

>Which again can easily be attributed to her not wanting to hurt him.
>Unlike Rebekah, the males in her family don't show obvious signs of weakness and fatigue easily.

Your point? Mikael still took him down with one attack when he realized he couldn't be converted showing to move faster than Elijah could react this time. Which indicates a clear difference.

Which one again? And this^ says otherwise.

Let me ask you nice and slow. Just a one word answer. Is removing the wall between two rooms the same as having one room slowly crumble and effect the other?

Lexi is the only person we have seen fight from the OS while it was crumbling while being there for a long ass time. And she was so weak that she struggled to fight ****ing Markos. Who was only physically strong enough to beat Damon while channeling his entire coven which stopped upon his death.

30 seconds and lexi being a weak ass ***** says otherwise.
>Says he will take it as a "cloaked concession"
>will reply anyway clearly thinking otherwise

Old Post May 17th, 2014 01:32 AM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
If they are exerting hardly any force then it doesn't matter.

Unproven claim.

Because you brought up Hayley getting manhandled in the church.

The zapping didn't weaken her. laughing out loud It merely caused her placenta to rupture, causing the baby to arrive sooner than expected.

Maybe you just don't have the best comprehension abilities.

Irony.

Let me sum it up.

No need for that. I have my own summation of your theories: Fail.

She was at his mercy for a little over 30 seconds. So right there you know he could have won the fight.

It doesn't matter if she was at his mercy for 30 seconds or 30 days. A werewolf should in no way be capable of beating an Original. Unless of course one admits to the obvious fact that it was an inconsistent low showing.

All of which wouldn't matter if we factor in him being weakened, and not trying, and plot.

Except it would, ya know, because every single word in this little tidbit of your post is a lie. Or an unproven claim.

So you literally just wasted your time.

Not sure what you're talking about.

It's not that I don't see that their is a huge gap. It sucks that even with handicaps and mentality that the fight went like that. But apparently they had to be detrimental enough.

I guess this is the closest you'll come to admitting that it was a horrible low showing for Mike the pussy Tyke.laughing out loud

>would be much easier if he wasn't offering much resistance
>and he could have blitzed her while she made her way over the railing since she moved at human speeds
>Lexi is actually proof that he was weakened just scroll down. Yet he had her at his mercy for 30sec.

>WTF are you talking about?
>He did blitz her, silly goose. She dodged him, beat him up and brought him to his knees.
>I haven't seen the latest TVD episode. However if what you're saying is true, then this actually further accentuates my point about this being a horrible inconsistency. Fighting a Damon-level character>>>getting beat up by a pregnant werewolf. And Lexi was far longer than Mikael was on the Other Side. Not to mention much younger and weaker in life since she was just a normal 300 year old vamp while he was an Original.

Anyways, I have seen Alaric's scene with Damon and Sheriff Forbes in a youtube clip, and he was portrayed as being far stronger than Damon since he could easily haul up the stone column which Damon couldn't. laughing out loud And he was on the OS almost as long as Mikael. Another large hole in your ridiculous theory.

She thwarted a non serious and weakened Mikael congrats.

>Lexi actually proves my theory if you look below
>All of that doesn't matter. Her relationship with Elijah is the biggest one in the series. She won't treat him like she treated them. Is that not obvious? Do you need more "Haylijah" scenes shoved down your throat?

False.

>Wrong, she actually brings this entire bullshit about ghosts being weakened by the OS in question. She was longer than Mikael on the OS, so she should have been far weaker yet she still fought a guy equal to a 150+ year old vamp. Alaric also completely unravels this awful and unproven hypothesis of yours.
>Yes it does. Their relationship was still in its infancy during that episode, and she warned Elijah not to get in her way when she was about to free her pack. Your non-sequiters are getting stupider by the minute. Not to mention that she knows that he can't be killed, so trying to defend herself would be logical to do, and in character for her considering what a b1tch she has been portrayed as on both shows.

Damn! Keyboard warrior and his insult! So real, so fierce!

I see my words hit a nerve with you.

>Which again can easily be attributed to her not wanting to hurt him.

Or the far more likely answer: she couldn't hurt him, even in his weakened state.

>Unlike Rebekah, the males in her family don't show obvious signs of weakness and fatigue easily.

Can anyone be this much of an idiot? Rebekah had at least a dozen bite marks on her body. Genevieve specifically said: "You have an impressive amount of werewolf venom in your system."

Do you not realize what that means? Elijah on the other hand got KO'd by bites from just 2 werewolves. Heck, Klaus' little hate-nibble put him on the bed for the better part of a day. Rebekah on the other hand fought Klaus h2h despite having gallons worth of wolf poison coursing through her veins.

Hell, the venom in her blood was so concentrated that even Klaus(who is a walking talking werewolf antidote) coughed some up when Genevieve made him drink it to psi-link them.

Tell me again, what exactly is this sexist tirade regarding the Mikaelson males being supposedly more resilient than Rebekah(which is a total lie, mind you) have anything to do with...anything?

Your point? Mikael still took him down with one attack when he realized he couldn't be converted showing to move faster than Elijah could react this time. Which indicates a clear difference.

My comment was actually a reference to how far above Mikael is in comparison to your run of the mill Original. But I forget that I am talking to a guy who has yet to develop any concept of reading comprehension whatsoever.

Which one again?

The Klaus encounter. Despite toying with him and Klaus trying to fight back, Mikael had the upper hand throughout the confrontation. Even when his back was turned as he was feeding on Marcel, the 3 siblings didn't dare attack him.

And this^ says otherwise.

It really doesn't.

Let me ask you nice and slow. Just a one word answer. Is removing the wall between two rooms the same as having one room slowly crumble and effect the other?

How do you remove a wall between 2 rooms? By breaking/collapsing it down. Which more or less results in at least one roon getting wrecked, depending on the dexterity and physical integrity of said wall. Which basically doesn't have jack to do with either The Originals or The Vampire Diaries, but I felt that I needed to indulge your little thought experiment here.

Lexi is the only person we have seen fight from the OS while it was crumbling while being there for a long ass time. And she was so weak that she struggled to fight ****ing Markos. Who was only physically strong enough to beat Damon while channeling his entire coven which stopped upon his death.
30 seconds and lexi being a weak ass ***** says otherwise.

I have already addressed your Lexi point two times in this post. I don't feel like repeating myself anymore.

>Says he will take it as a "cloaked concession"
>will reply anyway clearly thinking otherwise

Silly goose, me seeing your post as a cloaked concession isn't the same thing as me abdicating from the discussion. But I guess hoping for you to not make such a far-reaching and absurd conclusion is hoping that the Sun is made of cotton candy. Which is futility in and of itself.

Old Post May 17th, 2014 10:07 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Inconsistent outlier. We've seen older vampires ranging from Lexi, Katherine, Rose, Pearl, and Sage easily own Damon. Hybrids have more consistent showings; eg. Tyler fighting Klaus one-on-one better than any vampire we've seen including Marcel. Ray Sutton almost killing Damon, Tyler killing Nadia, Kimberly overpowering Caroline with ease etc.

A hybrid easily killed Stefan. erm
Klaus easily killed 12 hybrids. Tyler had a weapon vs Klaus, and he still got owned.

And we've seen Damon own older vampires. He would have killed Tyler if Bonnie didn't stop him.

And I don't know why you keep bringing up Tyler vs Stefan, they didn't even fight. Stefan tries to restrain him from biting Caroline and Tyler rips his heart out. It's not like Tyler overpowered him. erm

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 18th, 2014 12:44 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rikudo sennin

Unproven claim.

The zapping didn't weaken her. laughing out loud It merely caused her placenta to rupture, causing the baby to arrive sooner than expected.

Irony.

No need for that. I have my own summation of your theories: Fail.

It doesn't matter if she was at his mercy for 30 seconds or 30 days. A werewolf should in no way be capable of beating an Original. Unless of course one admits to the obvious fact that it was an inconsistent low showing.

Except it would, ya know, because every single word in this little tidbit of your post is a lie. Or an unproven claim.

Not sure what you're talking about.

I guess this is the closest you'll come to admitting that it was a horrible low showing for Mike the pussy Tyke.laughing out loud

>WTF are you talking about?
>He did blitz her, silly goose. She dodged him, beat him up and brought him to his knees.
>I haven't seen the latest TVD episode. However if what you're saying is true, then this actually further accentuates my point about this being a horrible inconsistency. Fighting a Damon-level character>>>getting beat up by a pregnant werewolf. And Lexi was far longer than Mikael was on the Other Side. Not to mention much younger and weaker in life since she was just a normal 300 year old vamp while he was an Original.

Anyways, I have seen Alaric's scene with Damon and Sheriff Forbes in a youtube clip, and he was portrayed as being far stronger than Damon since he could easily haul up the stone column which Damon couldn't. laughing out loud And he was on the OS almost as long as Mikael. Another large hole in your ridiculous theory.

False.

>Wrong, she actually brings this entire bullshit about ghosts being weakened by the OS in question. She was longer than Mikael on the OS, so she should have been far weaker yet she still fought a guy equal to a 150+ year old vamp. Alaric also completely unravels this awful and unproven hypothesis of yours.
>Yes it does. Their relationship was still in its infancy during that episode, and she warned Elijah not to get in her way when she was about to free her pack. Your non-sequiters are getting stupider by the minute. Not to mention that she knows that he can't be killed, so trying to defend herself would be logical to do, and in character for her considering what a b1tch she has been portrayed as on both shows.

I see my words hit a nerve with you.

Or the far more likely answer: she couldn't hurt him, even in his weakened state.

Can anyone be this much of an idiot? Rebekah had at least a dozen bite marks on her body. Genevieve specifically said: "You have an impressive amount of werewolf venom in your system."

Do you not realize what that means? Elijah on the other hand got KO'd by bites from just 2 werewolves. Heck, Klaus' little hate-nibble put him on the bed for the better part of a day. Rebekah on the other hand fought Klaus h2h despite having gallons worth of wolf poison coursing through her veins.

Hell, the venom in her blood was so concentrated that even Klaus(who is a walking talking werewolf antidote) coughed some up when Genevieve made him drink it to psi-link them.

Tell me again, what exactly is this sexist tirade regarding the Mikaelson males being supposedly more resilient than Rebekah(which is a total lie, mind you) have anything to do with...anything?

My comment was actually a reference to how far above Mikael is in comparison to your run of the mill Original. But I forget that I am talking to a guy who has yet to develop any concept of reading comprehension whatsoever.

The Klaus encounter. Despite toying with him and Klaus trying to fight back, Mikael had the upper hand throughout the confrontation. Even when his back was turned as he was feeding on Marcel, the 3 siblings didn't dare attack him.

It really doesn't.

How do you remove a wall between 2 rooms? By breaking/collapsing it down. Which more or less results in at least one roon getting wrecked, depending on the dexterity and physical integrity of said wall. Which basically doesn't have jack to do with either The Originals or The Vampire Diaries, but I felt that I needed to indulge your little thought experiment here.

I have already addressed your Lexi point two times in this post. I don't feel like repeating myself anymore.

Silly goose, me seeing your post as a cloaked concession isn't the same thing as me abdicating from the discussion. But I guess hoping for you to not make such a far-reaching and absurd conclusion is hoping that the Sun is made of cotton candy. Which is futility in and of itself.

Markos couldn't channel his entire coven upon death as the connection is broken. So he would be human level. And I was arguing for full power Mikael not being as shamed by this not that even with the handicaps that it wasn't a shitty showing.

But whatever you win. Though while I would argue on some point there is no point since I believe you got the vital points locked.

Last edited by Rikudo sennin on May 19th, 2014 at 03:05 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2014 02:56 AM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Klaus easily killed 12 hybrids. Tyler had a weapon vs Klaus, and he still got owned.

And we've seen Damon own older vampires. He would have killed Tyler if Bonnie didn't stop him.

And I don't know why you keep bringing up Tyler vs Stefan, they didn't even fight. Stefan tries to restrain him from biting Caroline and Tyler rips his heart out. It's not like Tyler overpowered him. erm

He caught them off-guard and because he's Klaus. Both an Original and a hybrid. Tyler had a weapon that could do jacksquat to Klaus apart from pissing him off. He still managed to hold his own against a guy that can rip up 100+ vamps in the blink of an eye.

Only one single instance. Damon has been owned far more times by older vampires than he has overpowered them.

Because he had Mikael's white oak stake, and because Tyler wasn't actually trying to fight him. In a straight up fight, Damon was owned and almost killed by Sutton, a failed hybrid.laughing out loud

I bring it up because those are pretty much the exact same circumstances under which Stefan has made most of his hybrid kills. Do you not see the irony of him getting killed like a secondary character, by a hybrid of all things?

Old Post May 21st, 2014 05:13 AM
Mindset

He caught them off-guard and because he's Klaus. Both an Original and a hybrid. Tyler had a weapon that could do jacksquat to Klaus apart from pissing him off. He still managed to hold his own against a guy that can rip up 100+ vamps in the blink of an eye.

Only one single instance. Damon has been owned far more times by older vampires than he has overpowered them.

Because he had Mikael's white oak stake, and because Tyler wasn't actually trying to fight him. In a straight up fight, Damon was owned and almost killed by Sutton, a failed hybrid.laughing out loud

I bring it up because those are pretty much the exact same circumstances under which Stefan has made most of his hybrid kills. Do you not see the irony of him getting killed like a secondary character, by a hybrid of all things?
They were surprised he was there, but he didn't surprise attack them. Stabbing Klaus still makes him cry like a *****, apparently. He didn't hold his own lol.

Because he has gone up against all of them, it's still inconsistent like every other fight.

What? How does it being a white oak stake change anything? Actually, Tyler tried to fight him, that's why Damon was going to kill him. Tyler was helpless and Bonnie saved him, the stake didn't play a part in Damon beating him.

TVD doesn't care about powerlevels when they want something to happen.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 21st, 2014 10:13 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

They were surprised he was there, but he didn't surprise attack them. Stabbing Klaus still makes him cry like a *****, apparently. He didn't hold his own lol.

Because he has gone up against all of them, it's still inconsistent like every other fight.

What? How does it being a white oak stake change anything? Actually, Tyler tried to fight him, that's why Damon was going to kill him. Tyler was helpless and Bonnie saved him, the stake didn't play a part in Damon beating him.

TVD doesn't care about powerlevels when they want something to happen.

WTF are you talking about? He clearly caught them at a severe disadvantage. The fight where Tyler(despite being less skilled than marcel, who also managed to hold off Klaus) beats down Klaus tells us otherwise.

Him getting owned by old vamps is inconsistent? Even though those are the majority instances?

The fact that he was going to use an Original-killing weapon on a hybrid makes this feat less impressive than what you're making it sound to be. Tyler tried to bite him, then Damon pushed him off and almost staked him, which is when Bonnie came in and mind-fried them both.

Which is what my f*cking point is. Young hybrids are on the same level as relatively oldish vampires. Anyone can kill anyone based on what the plot demands.

Old Post May 22nd, 2014 07:09 AM
Rikudo sennin

The S2 premiere was pretty great.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 03:51 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i thoroughly enjoyed the season premiere

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 05:45 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rikudo sennin

The second episode was even better.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 08:11 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The second episode was even better.

i agree

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 04:08 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Elijah always has the best lines

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 05:35 AM
Rikudo sennin

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Elijah always has the best lines

That always turn out as hypocritical.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 04:53 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

That always turn out as hypocritical.

true but i think in a good way..

the show from monday was pretty good.. I enjoyed the scenes with joseph morgan and sonja sohn

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 06:35 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Sonja Sohn had some nice words on the show from monday...

Show is getting good

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 06:52 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

pretty good mid season finale

Old Post Dec 9th, 2014 05:10 AM
Rikudo sennin

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
true but i think in a good way..

the show from monday was pretty good.. I enjoyed the scenes with joseph morgan and sonja sohn

Yeah those scenes were very good maybe the best so far this season.

I personally didn't like the midseason finale but aside from that S2 has been really strong this season.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2014 04:26 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

caught up with last few shows.. yusef gatewood is turning out to be a good addition.. hope he stays a while

Old Post Jan 30th, 2015 05:59 AM