KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Better actor for Anakin Skywalker

Better actor for Anakin Skywalker
Started by: Doctorwho?

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Better actor for Anakin Skywalker

Its no secret Hayden Christenson is a bad actor...so who would you have cast as Anakin?
Personally I would have gone with Paul Walker maybe...certainly a better actor than Hayden.... sick

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Doctorwho? a Private Message Find more posts by Doctorwho? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

i remember, much to my chagrin, being part of the bandwagon that flipped out and cried "HELL NO" when george lucas was considering leonardo dicaprio for the role.

my point: leonardo dicaprio

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 05:20 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Meh I liked him after his pretty boy stage, when he was in Blood Diamond, shutter island, inception and django

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 05:22 PM
Click here to Send Doctorwho? a Private Message Find more posts by Doctorwho? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

way to totally blow off 'gangs of new york'. released the same year as AOTC, btw.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 05:32 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Oh shit yeah forgot about that movie, had Daniel day lewis too right?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 05:38 PM
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

And Liam neeson in it I think

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 05:38 PM
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by focus4chumps
i remember, much to my chagrin, being part of the bandwagon that flipped out and cried "HELL NO" when george lucas was considering leonardo dicaprio for the role.

my point: leonardo dicaprio

This is news to me. Leo would have definitely been a better choice.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 06:40 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Leo would have been an AMAZING choice. Anakin only ever has one setting in the prequels: f*cking *sshole. Dicaprio can be a wonderful f*cking *sshole. He's perfect at yelling and being pissed off. Anakin's nothing but a scumbag in the films and Leo could have done that better than Hayden did.

And Christensen's not a bad actor. Shattered Glass disproved that unfortunate rumor that Star Wars set up.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Never seen it, but every other film I see him in he is just bad, like that Jumper film. he was just a really bad actor in that

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 09:13 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I've never seen that one. Again though, it may have been a combination of poor writing and directing. Like with the prequels, even heavyweight awesomepants like Neeson, McGregor, and Jackson can't make their characters or stories even remotely interesting or sympathetic if the right factors to do so don't exist.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

True, it wasn't just Hayden that was shit in jumpers, the whole film was

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 09:24 PM
KyleAP

Kinda feel sorry for Hayden, like the other actors, with regards to the dialogue they all got. But Hayden's delivery of them was worse than the rest of the main actors.
I mean when he told Samuel L Jackson about Palpatine being a Sith Lord, his delivery was so bland and uninteresting, at what was meant to be a tense moment.
But Revenge of the Sith was so lazily filmed and Lucas's direction didnt help the actors much at all

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 10:24 PM
Click here to Send KyleAP a Private Message Find more posts by KyleAP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KyleAP

If the prequels were remade now by people who knew what they were doing and actually care about making good movies, i would go for Andrew Garfield as Anakin, think he'd do well in the role

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 10:29 PM
Click here to Send KyleAP a Private Message Find more posts by KyleAP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by KyleAP
I mean when he told Samuel L Jackson about Palpatine being a Sith Lord, his delivery was so bland and uninteresting, at what was meant to be a tense moment.

I will definitely concede this regarding the acting in the PT. That was a pretty badly fumbled scene.

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
And Christensen's not a bad actor. Shattered Glass disproved that unfortunate rumor that Star Wars set up.

You know...I didn't really think so. I thought his acting in that film was meh. My thing about the acting, overall, in the PT was it was all over from bad to good. I would have been okay with just average to good, all the time. Nothing was ever great about the acting, though. I think I've said this before: all 6 Star Wars films are not known for their acting, fo sho.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 10:31 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

I liked what Ewan brought to the table to be honest

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 10:38 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

His beard? It was pretty neat.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 01:31 AM
Master Han
Restricted

Account Restricted

Liam Neeson.

No, seriously.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 12:41 PM
Click here to Send Master Han a Private Message Find more posts by Master Han Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
His beard? It was pretty neat.

D-Do you think he would let me stroke it?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 04:43 PM